ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

^Nice boots, Paul!

Paul, that sucks. I don't get it-- is there an official word or release from the postal carrier as to the delay on parcels from outside the country?

I think it basically shut down between Christmas and New Years, right? So, I think there is a huge backlog that RM is trying to get through. I ordered a couple of knits from the UK around Christmas, and according to the tracking, they've just been sitting there for about two weeks.

Nice boots Paul, I want to see them when we have a meet up.

I'll let you know if it was parcel farce when I get home.

Parcels from the US to UK are quoted as up to 14 days, so if he posted on the 24th December, it is actually not that bad with the bank holidays.

Wow, Zissou's pair is wearing fast.

UK folks have some catch-up to do :P

That's excellent :)

Isn't wearing ROYs under other denim against the rules? Sort of a subset of the no sanding/artificial abrading category? Then you're also hiding the jeans, which I am positive is unethical if not also against the rules.

I think I'm almost as excited for the remaining ROY Action Team members to get their official uniforms as the actual said members. GO MAIL GO!

Isn't wearing ROYs under other denim against the rules? Sort of a subset of the no sanding/artificial abrading category? Then you're also hiding the jeans, which I am positive is unethical if not also against the rules.

Nonsense! I am simply adhering to beatle's Rule #6 and indirectly to #1. Comparing doing actual work in these jeans to taking sandpaper to them is a downright travesty.

1 You shall show no mercy.

2 Do not cry over spilled coffee and mustard stains

3 If in doubt how many days - take a picture

4 Who say's you can't wear them to a wedding ?

5 You want to wash when you want to wash and yes, you can.

6 Take jawns off only when you have to.

7 Stop staring at your crotch.

Now I've had a chance to look at these fine denim pants.

I can't really add much to the level of praise that they have had from others. But they are top notch. I'm in love with the shell stitch, buckle and duck details.

The denim is smooth, somewhat reminiscent of some warehouse denim but streaky.

I'm sitting in them waiting for my camera battery to charge so I can take a presoak fit picture for the books.

These are quite roomy now so I might just put them in the washer at 60C instead of filling the tub. That way I can get all the shrinkage and starch out.

DSCN7348-1.jpg

ROY- lemme know if you'd prefer different/better pictures.

-rF

Robbie, this one works just fine. How about a rear shot in the same place/lighting/jacket? Just don't tell Mrs. Dale it's for me, don't want a repeat of the cupcakes blowup.

Dr.house, thanks, I actually had those on my desktop mislabeled.

Ranonranonarat- those last shots of yours look great.

Fresco, those already look awesome, even better after soak, I'm sure. Are you going in to feel them every five minutes to see if they've dried?

Yeah I'm going to win this with gratuitous cute photos....

pictures like this are just what I need in my life. Taking over the contest -AND- my wife came in and was like 'OMG,OMG, Babies, Baby ! Baby! Baby! Soooooooo cute'

roy- i'll take those pics later this evening