the dude with the crazy sugarcanes

mizanation

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Ryu, will you please tell us how you wash your jeans? What temperature, what detergent, etc. ?

--- Original message by minya on May 2, 2006 10:04 PM

To minya

you know here is humid.i went to US 4times like N.Y minesota.seattle etc...

i heard it's not common hunging clothes outside to dry. isn't it?

and most of them wash denim using loundry.like laundrinat

i washed jeans once a month using detergent.

there is a person washing without detergent, i don't think that is wrong

but i want my jeans keep clean and tough, i use it.

so my jeans tend to be blue and white not yellow

my detergent is pure soap one without surface-active agent,bleach.

it's soap. now i use coconut one. it's good for both jeans(fabric) and enviroment.

if you have FULLCOUNT's detergent for jeans, please teach me the detail....

after washing, i hang out jeans up side down and turn inside out

to protect sunburn and sterilize in sunny day.

my thought

'Jeans is a workwear'

so using rough, hanging out in sunlight getting my jeans better....

Quote:

i've checked out his canes so many times. it keeps getting better. does he have two wallets or what? is this a japanese thing? like a wallet and a card case or something? i noticed this on the eternal 811s on denim-gallery/heavy.

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on May 2, 2006 08:25 AM

It says in the left pocket he carries a coin case and ticket stub holder and a regular wallet in the right pocket.

This is the coin case he has : http://letgoasyoulike.fc2web.com/coincase.htm

that coin case is badass. was looking at coin cases on yoox or bluefly, but the ones i like are $170. nah!

ryu, i am interested to know how you shrunk the canes when you first got them. soak or a machine wash?

EDIT: picked up a nice tray-style coin purse in my neighborhood for $10, nice leather, too..

Edited by denimdestroyedmylife on May 6, 2006 at 08:41 AM

man, ever since I saw those sc47s I've been dying to get a pair... also miz is officially my new favorite sf poster (who would've thought we'd get ryu to post here?)

ryu, how does Edwin's denim quality compare to your Sugarcanes? I noticed that you have a pair on your site... did you buy them used or did you just wear them in?

I am currently wearing a pair of Edwin 505sxr and I find the denim to be really nice... color is dark, deep blue and real thick. WIsh I had a size 30 instead of a 31, though... they're a bit on the dowdy side

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Ryu!

I'm not from USA but from Sweden. Popular brands here are Nudie, Acne, Levi's, Lee and many others. None of these brands are as good as japanese brands unfortunately.

My favourite brands are probably Fullcount, The Flat Head and Samurai. I have a pair of Studio D'Artisans and I have ordered my first pair of Samurais.

It's really nice to have a japanese guy here, I think a lot of people will appreciate your input so I hope you stay for a long time! :) Maybe you could also tell some other japanese guys that are interested in denim about this forum?

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 2, 2006 12:13 PM

To horriblyjollyjinx

nice to see you.

in japan you know there are lots of fashion magazines.

my favorite one 'HUgE' the latest volume inform the stockholm fashion scene.

of course ACNE was informed. and WESC is also popular in Japan.

But you know THE NUDIE is the most popular among the Norhern Europe jeans.

i don't think 'None of these brands are as good as japanese brands unfortunately'

maybe the Denim itself(serge de nimes) is better, but textyle used Eurepian ones is

extremely better i believe.

i think in japan there is a few brand that creates in good shape used good fabric.

like you know fullcount, flat head, warehouse(this is tend to make old stlye only)

D'artisan,Samurai(it's very funnybrand using SAMURAI in leather patch),denime etc

i wanna wear Somet or Acne jeans !

--- Original message by Ryu on May 2, 2006 08:29 PM

Nice to hear that Swedish brands are popular in Japan.

Have you heard about Julian Red, it's another Swedish brand? It's actually my favourite brand because they are very modern, in their cuts, washes and denim.

you can check it out at www.julianredjeans.com

For acne

Jeans: http://62.181.215.102/media/ss06_lookbook_j.html

tops and other: http://62.181.215.102/media/ss06_lookbook_m.html

Whyred is also quite popular (click Fall/Winter 2005 and after that Jeans)

http://www.whyred.com/

How do you mean that European jeans are better? I think japanese jeans are better because the denim is much, much better. It's usually thicker and has much better color. If you want to wear in a pair of Nudies or Acnes, you should wear them for 6-12 months before the first wash, because the color is worse than japanese jeans.

You can find a lot of pics of Nudies, APC etc in these threads:

http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=3661

http://www.manligt.net/viewtopic.php?t=8144&start=450

check out www.mynudies.com if you like Nudie also.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on May 3, 2006 at 05:39 AM

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on May 3, 2006 at 05:40 AM

Quote:

This thread is awesome. After checking out his site and seeing his Canes, I washed my Canes last night with just some Tide liquid and they came out beautiful and I have only worn them maybe 15 times.

Welcome to the site, Ryu, you are breathing new life into the future.

--- Original message by old viking ring on May 3, 2006 06:42 AM

pics? :-)~~~~

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Welcome Ryu!

Excellent work on the jeans. Although we have a number of experts here, its great to have one who has direct access to all the jeans we all love in Japan.

I hope you stay and provide us with lots of insight/info.

Is there any chance we can have some pictures of you wearing those jeans, to see how tight you wore them to achieve those kinds of wear marks?

nairb49

Ryu, how does it feel to be a superfuture celebrity?

reporter: "what do you think about western civilization?"

gandhi: "i think it would be a good idea."

Edited by Tisswat on May 3, 2006 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Quote:

This thread is awesome. After checking out his site and seeing his Canes, I washed my Canes last night with just some Tide liquid and they came out beautiful and I have only worn them maybe 15 times.

Welcome to the site, Ryu, you are breathing new life into the future.

--- Original message by old viking ring on May 3, 2006 06:42 AM

pics? :-)~~~~

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 3, 2006 06:57 AM

Meh, pics won't show much at this stage, but when I look at them, they are telling me somethin!

Guest jeffvyain

do you (as a group) think that washing jeans as often as he does can produce great results like that with APCs as well, or are those jeans just "special"? I'm about a month into my APCs, and as much as I'm not ready to wash them, I would do it if it ended up looking like that

Quote:

do you (as a group) think that washing jeans as often as he does can produce great results like that with APCs as well, or are those jeans just "special"? I'm about a month into my APCs, and as much as I'm not ready to wash them, I would do it if it ended up looking like that

--- Original message by jeffvyain on May 3, 2006 05:21 PM

theyre gonna fade no matter what, washed or not. i think washing them more would make the contrast more white, im not sure tho. i do know that it would fuck with the honeycombs. after i washed my APCs, the creases didnt go back.

Guest jeffvyain

hmm yea i definitely won't be washing mine any time soon, as my honeycombs are just starting to show real fading. don't wanna mess all that up

guys -

i think the secret is what he does in his jeans. he is a very active jean wearer. he travels quite a bit (he's actually on vacation right now) and rides a ton on his bike everyday, he's outdoors a lot in the sun, etc. that's why he needs to wash once a month.

i spend a lot of time in front of the computer. i live in nyc, take the train. i might never have to wash my jeans! i think i need to be more active to get the kind of look i'm looking for....

i know some of us here are pretty active too--skating, biking, construction, fighting, etc. i just need to bring it up a notch.

Quote:

guys -

i think the secret is what he does in his jeans. he is a very active jean wearer. he travels quite a bit (he's actually on vacation right now) and rides a ton on his bike everyday, he's outdoors a lot in the sun, etc. that's why he needs to wash once a month.

i spend a lot of time in front of the computer. i live in nyc, take the train. i might never have to wash my jeans! i think i need to be more active to get the kind of look i'm looking for....

i know some of us here are pretty active too--skating, biking, construction, fighting, etc. i just need to bring it up a notch.

--- Original message by mizanation on May 3, 2006 09:25 PM

I totally agree. I sit around most of the time. His jeans get probably 5 times as much stress as mine.

Also, is this the first time you've seen someone carry more than a wallet? I have a traditional wallet, a coin purse (from a local bank, 2" x 3" w/ zipper) and a card/ID holder.

Biking can also rip the inside seems of your right leg. I have had this happen before. Remember to do the LL Cool J and roll up the right leg before biking.

Quote:

Biking can also rip the inside seems of your right leg. I have had this happen before. Remember to do the LL Cool J and roll up the right leg before biking.

--- Original message by rnrswitch on May 4, 2006 01:22 PM

It seems that every single time I ride a bike I think that this won't happen to me "this time." But, every single time it does indeed happen and every single time it scares me half to death.