The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Crap picture but here are the f380 I returned.. i dont know whether i did the right thing due to them having the right sized inseam and actually not knowing what the post-soak would have turned out!

2gsh6pe.jpg

THat looks like a great fit for the 380s but as Kiya said, they are a classic straight fit and not a slim or skinny jean. Out of all my jeans, the 380s are easily the best I have for fit. I woulda kept them but if you want a slimmer fit then an excahnge probably the better idea.

This is where I'm confused. I thought the F380 was supposed to be their "narrow" straight fit, while the 5000 line suggests a more relaxed fit. With that said, was sizing up 2 the reason shego's jeans look so baggy, or is that because of the cut itself?

The first digit of the Flat Head models designates type of denim used. The last digit designates the cut. Hence the F380 (formerly 3008) and the F310 (formerly 3001) use the same denim, but different cuts. The F310 is a slim straight cut, the F380 is a classic straight cut.

For more info: http://www.flat-head.co.uk/html/styles.html

I don't think shego sized up two. When he said he wore 32 in APC's, I think he included the stretch factor for their denim (2 inches), as most people size down 2 for APC. So, 34" would be his true waist. As mentioned, the F380 is a classic straight cut so it is intended to be more relaxed than slim.

The first digit of the Flat Head models designates type of denim used. The last digit designates the cut. Hence the F380 (formerly 3008) and the F310 (formerly 3001) use the same denim, but different cuts. The F310 is a slim straight cut, the F380 is a classic straight cut.

For more info: http://www.flat-head.co.uk/html/styles.html

I don't think shego sized up two. When he said he wore 32 in APC's, I think he included the stretch factor for their denim (2 inches), as most people size down 2 for APC. So, 34" would be his true waist. As mentioned, the F380 is a classic straight cut so it is intended to be more relaxed than slim.

Ah ha, thanks for clearing that up!

so you gave up? Do you have any recent fit pics? See, I have the 3001 and the fit is great but the zipper is an issue. It zips but the fabric that covers the zipper is pulled taut so it doesn't cover the zipper.

So after waiting like 2 weeks for the flathead restock I think I missed it some how :(. No more size 30 1001's FML.

We're getting more next week, that was part one of our restock for this month.

Ok so after all the confusion on deciding to get F380's or 1001's to finally going with size 30 bsp's. Thank you Kiya for all the help! They shipped out today and I'm really excited to get them. I'll post fit picks asap.

Guest Ark Sakura

what's the normal routine for soaking true-to-size flat head 310? Cold, hot or warm water for 45 minutes inside out, hang dry and wear while damp? I guess the question is: hot, warm or cold?

does anybody of you guys own both, the 1001 and the f310 / 3001? did you size up for the 1001?

I don't own the F310/3001 but I recently got a pair of 1001. I sized down one from my true waist. Not ready to wear them just yet, but the fit is just a little loose in the waist and thighs presoak. They will be super slim after a hot soak, but the 1XXX series denim is supposed to stretch quite a bit so I expect them to be just right after stretching. Most people that have gone TTS on the 1001 said they ended up stretching too much. Hope that helps...

i am having the same problem with the f310's zipper as sayocean and shoque, enough to consider giving up. i like them a lot, but sigh. are used raws even worth anything? (http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1746808#post1746808), hemmed too.

can we meet up, just so i can be in the presence of someone who also doesn't mind spending 200+ on jeans.

crap, i went tts.... thanks for the reply though!

i went tts on my 1001. after about 7 months of wear, my crotch area shows the most fade and some loosen/ripped threads. made me started to think if i should have size up 1 size so i have more room on my crotch area?