The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Go true to size, we're getting a Flat Head restock on June 20th, in about a week..

Hey kiya, i'm thinking of ordering some X001s but quite confused with the measurements. just wanna know are the sizing tables listed @selfedge are post wash or pre wash measurements. cheers.

Hey kiya, i'm thinking of ordering some X001s but quite confused with the measurements. just wanna know are the sizing tables listed @selfedge are post wash or pre wash measurements. cheers.

The measurements are always pre-wash.

Tagged size 30

Waist: ~15.5

Rise: ~9 (I dont know why its so short?)

Back Rise: ~13.5

Thigh: ~10.5

Inseam: ~35.5-36

Leg Openeing: ~7

Everything fits great, the rise is a little weird however. I didnt think a hot soak would cause it to shrink an inch but it just takes a little getting used to. I'll try and get better fit pictures up some time soon.

how did you measure the waist to get 15.5" on a hot-soaked pair of sz 30 bsps? that translates to ~31" waist size if you laid the front and back parallel..

is it accurate?

everything else looks about right, though i'll agree that losing 1" in the rise seems odd.

btw, got any recent fit pics? thanks in advance

Hola

So I rechecked the waist measurement, and its still 15.5, I wore them damp so they stretched out fairly quickly and I'm guessing thats why.

Fit pics taken today, approx 40 days of wear. I think my crappy P&S camera is dying on me, random discoloration at the top not sure why. Might update later with a few detailed shots.

Front

img2778b.jpg

Back

img2771b.jpg

I'm thinking about getting them hemmed a little bit soon. Yay or Nay?

-Dan

I actually don't wear shoes that often, sandals/mocs type thing goin on. To be honest though, the leg opening is a little small in my opinion to wear the shoes I have. I guess I haven't gotten the right type of shoes.

Hola

So I rechecked the waist measurement, and its still 15.5, I wore them damp so they stretched out fairly quickly and I'm guessing thats why.

Fit pics taken today, approx 40 days of wear. I think my crappy P&S camera is dying on me, random discoloration at the top not sure why. Might update later with a few detailed shots.

what's your height and weight?

after wearing them they stretch out back to post-soak and then a little bit over. it happens with every jean.

did you mean pre-soak?

I'm roughly 5'9 or 5'10 something around there and weigh 140 lbs. Pre-soak they measured 15 across so it does make sense. I wore them damp after a hot soak which shrunk a little in the waist but stretched back to pre soak waist measurements and then an inch more.

If any of you have a bit of extra Flathead 4001bk fabric PM me. I'll buy it off you. Mines crotch are ripped. Needs stitching.

It's far better to use denim fusing material than heavy weight raw denim.. it'll not only hold up better but will be more comfortable to wear and it'll be easier for the tailor to work with

Flat Head 8005A Work-Jeans & New Summer Shirts

Flat Head has just introduced their newest model in their jean line-up, the 8005A Work-Jean, made of their rarely used 13.75oz rope dyed selvedge denim. This is a welcome addition to the current Flat Head jean line-up as it widens the scope of what's available from them in terms of basic jean models.

Along with the new 8005A jean we've received a great new Black Mint Woven Black Shirt that's a 50's style shirt with a very three dimensional weave pattern. Also in is a Red Picnic Short Sleeve shirt in a lightweight selvedge cotton material.

Flat Head has also brought us three t-shirts, all loopwheeled. Â One is a printed black tee with a Vintage Bikers theme on a heavy weight loopwheeled material. Also up is the Native Flat Head Loopwheeled T-shirts in both black and white printed with discharge ink.

We've also finally received a restock of the cordovan card case in tan and the Flat Head Feather Ring along with all the jean models available from Flat Head.

All these items are now available in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68

8005A Work-Jeans - Straight Leg

fh_8005a_01_web-767071.jpg

fh_8005a_03_web-721348.jpg

Black Mint Woven Black Shirt

fh_shirt_01_web-753866.jpg

fh_shirt_04_web-733487.jpg

Red Picnic Short Sleeve Shirt

fh_red_ss_01_web-733433.jpg

Bikers & Vintage Loopwheeled T-Shirt

fh_tee_01_web-782381.jpg

fh_tee_02_web-782330.jpg

Native Flat Head Loopwheeled T-Shirt

fh_tee_black_01_web-754966.jpg

fh_tee_white_01_web-754911.jpg

Tan Cordovan Card Case

pic-797640.jpg

what you guys think of the fit?

might not be able to tell from the pics so well, but the sleeves are a bit long on me cuz i got "blessed" with them 'korean arms', though i'm no kim jong il.

think i should size down to a 36 to get the shorter sleeves? i don't mind if the overall fit is tighter/slimmer as well... just as long as i can button it up in the end and it doesn't look like the shirt is painted on.. (keep in mind that a 36 is only smaller in sleeve length and chest. everywhere else is the same as 38.)

and yes i did get kiya's opinion, and yes i do hold it in high regard. i'm just asking for second, third, fourth etc. opinions since i'm gunna be sending it back for a new one anyway for other reasons...

thanks

I'd size down for sure and not wear a shirt under it.