Jeans of the Old West: A History

aho

6262031555_8536ee3949_z.jpg6262554930_58f33ac9d9_z.jpg6262027709_817ffa0ee4_z.jpg

Any help with the symbol thats in this hat?

the figure in the middle is a Hermes/Mercury with winged feet and a herald's staff, looks like a harp to his left, cant tell the others.

beautiful stuff, I really enjoy how the box lid encourages to buy local, i've been hearing that alot lately.

thanks for putting these up!

Great find with the candles. You don't find much of the pre-petroleum products like that anymore. When I was a kid, there was a double decker bus with honeycomb Trans-Am wheels that was a rolling thrift store. One time I found a half full bottle of sewing machine oil that stated in wonderful eastlake style script that it was dolphin oil. Of course I didn't buy it, as what kid cares about some old sewing junk.

Great find with the candles. You don't find much of the pre-petroleum products like that anymore. When I was a kid, there was a double decker bus with honeycomb Trans-Am wheels that was a rolling thrift store. One time I found a half full bottle of sewing machine oil that stated in wonderful eastlake style script that it was dolphin oil. Of course I didn't buy it, as what kid cares about some old sewing junk.

Funny you remember the dolphin oil, I wouldn't expect you to buy something like that as a kid...I only wish I was looking for Levi's in the early 1980's, I looked for trench coats and old bowling shirts at the thrift stores.

:D

Mike, trench coats and bowling shirts? It sounds like you were hanging with Jay and Silent Bob. :)

:D When I was 12 in 1982, I was going for the rockabilly look... this was the reason for the vintage bowling shirts. I looked fucking lame so I went onto the mod look with the trench coat thing... I ended up doing the punk rock thing in 1985 and stuck with that for the next 5 years. I played in a band with Duane peters in 1989...We were called The Mess and fuckin A- we lived up to the name.

You just impressed me sir.

US BOMBS, one of the best punk rock bands ever and they never got the credit they deserved.

Yep... same guy, My sisters husband's sister- had two boys with Duane... His son was killed in 2007, you might have heard about that one already. I have really only heard U.S Bombs a few times...I remember Duane had a great punk rock voice back when I played with him. Duane was one CMF!!

We should all have the biggest denim circle jerk in history!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I should work for them. BTW, I cropped this Jeans issue out of the photo. For original work wear photos and really nice period photos you might want to think about picking up this one. Some really sweet detail photos of WWII Levi's and Lee's as well as early Lee's from the 30's. Also, some nice Stronghold and Can't Bust'em shots. Fair warning though, because of the Dollars drop to the Yen it's not cheap ($51.00).

jeans-1.jpg