visvim FW10-11

martynyarrow

No i didnt. But i did find out that they do have it in FIL stores. That would be my 2nd option if i cant find the matterhorns in navy 40. ^Yom was right about them sending it back to stores.

did u find out what the retail was?

Which stores in the US will be receiving the Matterhorns in the Dark Navy color?

I've checked with Riccardis, BiG, and Moncler NY. Those 3 stores are receiving the Dark Brown colorway.

I've also checked with Union LA, but they were unsure about which colors they will be receiving.

Thanks

knobcheese

thanks for your contribution mate

Also for the other melbournians on this thread, visvim is getting a melbourne stocklist over the next 2 months, which is pretty exciting! rumored white mountaineering will be stocked with them too.

oops, by "sales" i meant those official stockist will sell them at discounted price after a while.. not sure if f.i.l have sales, but never heard of any

and how can you compare visvim to h&m.. h&m are mass-produced, visvim are produced limitedly, with expensive high quality material

you gotta stop mythologizing visvim, they use the same factories as a host of other brands.

goodyear welts and nice leather does not mandate a $700 boot, you are paying for marketing and branding as much as anything else. companies like danner make their boots paying USA labor with high quality materials and cost around $250. visvim makes their shoes in either korea or china, both with less labor cost than america. do you think every boot that uses horween leather costs $700?

ppl can compare h&m to visvim because they both release limited amounts of stock (given their respective scale) on a weekly schedule. if things sell well, they release more (ex: visvim's strategy of taking popular models like the virgil boot and making them in a variety of materials). h&m and visvim both want to make only what they can sell. this is what their entire business model is built on, hence their investments in the quickest turnaround time possible from design to production to in-store.

i think visvim makes great products and own some myself, but im also rational enough to know they operate under the same constraints as any other business. some ppl on this board really need to take hiroki's balls out of their mouths and get a breath of fresh air. trying to justify visvim on cost/benefit is an exercise in futility.