Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Straight cut, #1 denim, Artist Denim donut buttons and rivets, 14 oz pocket material, plain back pockets. Love the denim, love the Artist donut buttons which are some of the coolest I’ve seen , love the Nihon Menpu label. Gun has done a great job with the details and denim. Wore them raw once, then hand washed in cold water; can’t fit into them post wash with a shoe horn:)! PM me if you fit this size; free for the asking to someone who would like a pair of great Artist Denim jeans but is maybe short on cash.

Raw post wash measurements.

Waist 35 ½ 33

Front Rise 11 ½ 10 1/2

Back Rise 15 ½ 14 1/2

Thigh 12 ½ 11 3/4

Knee 9 ½ 8 1/4

Leg Open 8 ½ 7 3/4

Length 34 ¾ 33

edit - gone to a good home

I've been trying to figure that out too. Its not either of the hawaii denims or the okinawa denim. I wanted to say its the edo Ai denim, but the selvedge is different. The new #20 denim looks pretty nice too, supposed to be really slubby and like the eternal denim, but sanforized

Can someone ID the #0 denim up on the site? I think it's new to Artist denim but I swear I've seen that shade of blue/green before...maybe (probably) a pair of Sugarcanes?

Looks like Sugar Cane Edo Ai.. I hope it's SC40500N (the discontinued model) and not SC40501 (the one on sale @ BiG now)... SC40500 that's on my grail-denims-that-i'll-never-get list

dammit, I thought i had my choices ready to go... looks like I need to decide between #0 and #1 now

EDIT: here we go, check out the top right pic in this thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=43376

Damn dude, I was basically thinking the same thing haha. I have some IH overdyes that I've been wearing over the winter, and now I'm looking for something that will look great in the summer.

#0 or #1... hmm...

Strangely enough, I was thinking about #4 also! Haha. Actually Gun sent me a swatch of #1, #4, and #15 which came in on Saturday.

Is it just me, or is Gun maybe being a little too ambitious? It hasn't been long since he swapped business models, and yet here he is already ordering new denim - not that I'm complaining..

well if you look at the gallery, he's already gotten a bunch of orders. I only wish he offered a zipper fly like kuniyoshi, but i'd be willing to deal with a button fly for the other options he's offering. I'll probably pick up a pair of 0's once its too hot to wear my S710's

Is it just me, or is Gun maybe being a little too ambitious? It hasn't been long since he swapped business models, and yet here he is already ordering new denim - not that I'm complaining..

I think he is very ambitious, but he must be wealthy to have purchased all his machines in a short amount of time. But i guess if it is going well his new way he feels the need to expand more, which is a good thing.

@dawei: Gallery... you're talking about #1, right? Don't think I see anything for #0

@penguin: i've gathered from the old threads that SC40500 fades very slowly? maybe that's why people stopped posting pics.

I am fervently googling for some hits, will post if I find anything

@jlaz: That's a good point.. I completely forgot about the machines haha. Didn't he get them like a couple of weeks after he fired his tailor?

I mean he's been doing this for just a couple weeks and he's got pictures of like 6 orders on his website already, and those are just the ones he bothered taking pics and posting, so I think his business is doing decent. (He's going to have another one once I sort out exactly which options I want)

Blackmaged he got some of his machines before he fired his tailor because he wanted the jeans to be made on vintage machines, but after i think he bought even more machines and those machines cost a good amount.

I think we cant really judge his sales from just the pics like you said dawei because on the thai jeans forum gun writes on artist seems very popular.

@dawei: Gotcha. I really enjoy the fact that he takes awesome pictures throughout the production, really adds to the experience for the buyer and gives prospective shoppers a glimpse of how much effort goes into the construction.

@jlaz: I know what you mean about judging the sales, his thread on the Thai forum definitely sees a lot of action. Maybe he only takes pictures of the international orders..? Who knows.

His audience on selvedgeforum.com is quite a bit bigger than here. In his thread on there, everyone speaks Thai and I am assuming there was so much interest there, that he made that SF specific pocket tag. It's for SelvedgeForum.

Been following his thread there for a while now and he posts way more pictures there, so you guys should go check that thread out if you're looking for more sample photos.

http://selvedgeforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5.1550

Hey guys, got it from a really reliable source (I mean, really reliable), that the fabric is 40500. Amazing cop by Gun! But #0 fabric is going to be slightly more difficult to wear because of the greenish, aqua cast. Going to receive my pair, in #1 denim real soon I hope, and will give my first impressions, for what it is worth, on them. :)

Edit: Thanks to f50fan, I browsed through the SelvedgeForum thread, and saw the details of my pair! :P

Does anyone here speak/read Thai? I put in the Selvegeforum thread through Google translate and I get a ton of "...online" from posters

and i have no idea what that's supposed to mean

e.g.

คือบางอย่างก็เกินที่จะทำอ่ะครับ อย่างพวกงานปัก แล้วก็พวกขนาดที่จะเอายี่ห้ออื่นมาเทียบแล้วให้คนตัดกะให้อ่นะครับ

=It is something to do MUCH more than offline. They work like embroidery. Then their size compared to other brands out to people and then I cut shift to Allow offline.

^^^ To mikecch and actually anyone looking to get a pair in the 40500 fabric. Again, reliable sources tell me that the 40500 fabric is rather limited in quantity, and may not be a long-stay in Artist Denim's repertoire. Not sure whether Gun can get more of it in the future, but just assume that once this batch runs out, it's out. The ordering frenzy may now begin. :P

^ Thanks tsunamiboy85!

Mmm, that's interesting, because Sugar Cane used the 40500 fabric a long time ago and only stopped using it in 07.

I wonder who else is using it for Nihon Menpu to be still producing it (?) in the interim.

Does Gun still visit SuFu?

What's the best way to get in touch with him (his website ain't working for me)?