Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

rayw44, do you have measurements for your pair? how close were they to the measurements Gun posted on his website? I'd be looking at the exact same size too and was just curious. appreciate the feedback you've provided!

I just measured them (all in inches):

Waist: 34

Front rise: 11 3/4

Back rise: 15

Thigh: 12 1/4

Knee: 9

Leg opening: just shy of 8 1/2

Hope it helps.

I just measured them (all in inches):

Waist: 34

Front rise: 11 3/4

Back rise: 15

Thigh: 12 1/4

Knee: 9

Leg opening: just shy of 8 1/2

Hope it helps.

So the thigh is 12 1/4 instead of 12 3/4? darn, this is what I was afraid of. it happened with my ande Whalls too. the thigh measurement always seems to end up smaller than listed for some reason. I hope mine come with thigh as listed or I will be in for some tight ass jeans.

So the thigh is 12 1/4 instead of 12 3/4? darn, this is what I was afraid of. it happened with my ande Whalls too. the thigh measurement always seems to end up smaller than listed for some reason. I hope mine come with thigh as listed or I will be in for some tight ass jeans.

I'm sure you will end up ok. They weren't the exact measurement I had hoped for either, but they are working out fine.

Digging rayw44's pair pretty hard. Did you just ask Gun to do mixed stitching and let him do what he would? Or did you stipulate color stitch-by-stitch? Looking forward to post-soak fit and some serious wear pics!

I wonder if Gun would be down for doing the shell overlock stitch for the entire inseam. I love the atari produced by the shell overlock stitch on the outer side of the pocket bag of my ROYxCone, and imagine it would be cool to see that happen along the entire inseam! Mmm... daydreams...

Still waiting on mine... la la la. (I had Gun sent them via the post office though, so it'll be slower, naturally :P)

I ordered the same denim, and I wanted the good old yellow-orange thread colour mix, but Gun recommended going all yellow.

Be sure to soak those trailer36. I finally got around to soaking mine last week, and the water looked almost black afterward. I don't recall my pair shrinking much, if at all.

Thanks, I will make sure I do. I just opened the package and I am blown away. These are much nicer than people have described and I am sure part of it is having them in my hands. The denim is very textured and complex but not too slubby that it is itchy. Measurements are spot on and details are nicer than they look on the website.

For the record, I went with #20 denim (14.5 oz) and all artist buttons and rivets. The half lined pocket I ordered is done exactly as requested (lined used chambray pocket bag material, black stitching for the horizontal stitch) and I love the look. I think it will look cooler as these fade as well. Pictures tonight after I get home from coaching.

Thanks, I will make sure I do. I just opened the package and I am blown away. These are much nicer than people have described and I am sure part of it is having them in my hands. The denim is very textured and complex but not too slubby that it is itchy. Measurements are spot on and details are nicer than they look on the website.

Post some pics! I bet they look awesome, and the features are definitely better in person than on the site.

Digging rayw44's pair pretty hard. Did you just ask Gun to do mixed stitching and let him do what he would? Or did you stipulate color stitch-by-stitch? Looking forward to post-soak fit and some serious wear pics!

I wonder if Gun would be down for doing the shell overlock stitch for the entire inseam. I love the atari produced by the shell overlock stitch on the outer side of the pocket bag of my ROYxCone, and imagine it would be cool to see that happen along the entire inseam! Mmm... daydreams...

I had asked for the mix but I only stipulated the tops of the pockets and the half line as yellow. Gun just want ahead and mixed the yellow throughout. I'm glad he did, because I like how it turned out.

I bet he could do just about anything you wanted him to with the overlock, and if it was too time consuming I bet you could pay a little extra to make it worthwhile for him.

I plan on wearing these as hard as I can, for as long as I can, without giving a first soak, even though that might screw up the fades after the soak. I know this denim is going to shrink a decent amount, but if it's worked for Airfrog for years on LVC's, it should work on these too. I think this particular denim will need to be absolutely abused to wear in as I want them to.

p5040046.jpg

p5040049.jpg

p5040069.jpg

p5040072.jpg

p5040075.jpg

Very happy with Gun's work.

The stitching, seam finishes are all very neat and well aligned.

The fabrics are amazing - never thought I'd see the 40400 and 40500 NM fabrics again!

^ About the same as my sc40300 denim - the pure indigo dyed fabrics are less scratchy than the mix-indigo ones, less of those little sugar cane bits that stick out.

^ About the same as my sc40300 denim - the pure indigo dyed fabrics are less scratchy than the mix-indigo ones, less of those little sugar cane bits that stick out.

I found them very picky raw, but I have never had Sugar Cane denim before.

I like the options you went with, especially the pocket bags. Do you have any fit pics?

I found them very picky raw, but I have never had Sugar Cane denim before.

I like the options you went with, especially the pocket bags. Do you have any fit pics?

Thanks rayw44 - but no pre-soak fits, sorry, they've already been soaked and are drying :P

Mine seems to be shrinking from tag size, so this pair may up being a slimmer fit on me then I planned for.

It'll be interesting to compare on evos on the 40500 fabric! :D

BTW, I'd recommend sizing one up, or going for the relax fit for those with a not-so-skinny build.

ahh.. thanks for the reply Mike, i asked because from the pics the denim doesnt look too scatchy..must be because of presoak. cant wait for fit pics!

i'd rep if i could

Cheers LC!

I'll snap another pic after the denim dries, see how it compares.

Once Mike post about something they get crazy business, Gun should be busy for awhile

Hee...

But on a serious note, has anyone been able to contact Gun lately?

He has gone incognito on me, and I need to pay him!

Thanks rayw44 - but no pre-soak fits, sorry, they've already been soaked and are drying :P

Mine seems to be shrinking from tag size, so this pair may up being a slimmer fit on me then I planned for.

It'll be interesting to compare on evos on the 40500 fabric! :D

BTW, I'd recommend sizing one up, or going for the relax fit for those with a not-so-skinny build.

But on a serious note, has anyone been able to contact Gun lately?

He has gone incognito on me, and I need to pay him!

I actually broke down and soaked mine too, since I felt they were too rough. Mine also shrunk from tagged size, but the waist stretched back out just fine. But they may be a bit snug in the thighs at first.

But hopefully, you should be ok too (fingers crossed).

Gun's paypal is the same as his email address, so you could try just sending him payment that way. But since you haven't heard from him in awhile, I wonder if he is having a problem with something?

^ Well, I'll keep at it :)

Since I used an alternate shipping method as well as added optional extras on my jeans, I'm not too sure what the total amounts to.

Gun was still active on one of the Thai denim forums as of 2 days ago, so hopefully he'll get in touch with me.

Trying the jeans on post-soak atm, could just do up the top button.

Haha, I probably should have asked some folks who already own some of Gun's work for sizing advice, but it looks like they'll work out :D

The thighs and calves areas are quite a slim fit for me - reminds me of Samurai's 710 cut a little bit.

^ Will do, hopefully this weekend!

Oooh, care to sure your 40400/40200 pics in the Sugar Cane thread?

I actually want to start a little natural indigo project next year - with this Artist Denim jeans as well as my old school sc40300 Lee-pro.

Post-soak (hot soaked, and then cold-soaked with frequent water change):

P5070025.jpg

Hope they'll stretch out easily like it's 40300/40400 siblings.

Spent a couple of hours picking out sugar cane bits too:

p5050018.jpg

p5050015u.jpg

^ Lol, was very scratchy before I picked out a couple hundred of these little bits of sugar cane.

I remember the sc40300 and sc40301 weren't as bad, probably because I machine washed those inside out before wear - not keen to do so with this one.

Yeah, the hue is amazing!

Hard to capture with my crappy photography - changes dramatically with different lighting...really has to be seen in person on a sunny day!

Edit: Apparently a couple more cuts and some MTO denim jackets coming in!?!?