Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Yep, as rayw44 said, TTS (size 35).

They were a bit tight at first (barely do up the top button), but stretched out easily after a couple of days...the 40*00 fabrics have a loose weave and stretch out quite easily.

The fit is still quite slim in the thighs though, even though the fit is called 'slim straight'...I'll be getting straight or relaxed cut the next time I order a pair from Gun.

@ jon: Yes, Nihon Menpu - their tag is sewn onto my left pocket if you care to look a few pages back.

Just a quick note though: the 40*00 fabrics are natural indigo hank-dyed almost to the core, and all 4 denim fabrics in the family don't crease or crock very well.

If you want super-sick fades, but don't wear it skinny in a hot n' humid climate, I would suggest one of the other numerous fabrics that Gun has on offer...his #0 (40500) and #1 (40400) denims are for those who are collecting or are genuinely interested in natural indigo.

Highly recommend Gun's products - the price, the fabrics, the choices in details, etc are all fantastic!

Not to mention each pair is a work of passion.

Are these yours, blackmaged? They look really cool, and surely have a lot more fading potential.

Are these yours, blackmaged? They look really cool, and surely have a lot more fading potential.

no, they're not. if you look around this thread, you'll see that the owner's posted this pair a few times already. i wish they were, though... they look absolutely killer

gun has this exact pic on the fabric #1 page

Gun finally sent out my jeans today (ordered may 11th), after no response for quite a while i had to open a paypal dispute just to get a reply, the jeans were finally supposed to be sent out this monday, then this wednesday, now I got a tracking number from thailand and HE IS SENDING THEM TO NORTH CAROLINA, I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA.

wtf. My paypal billing address is in NC, but I CLEARLY sent shipping instructions for my new house in Los Angeles via e-mail.

I will be able to get them shipped to me from NC, which will cost me another $20 I'm sure, and another week shipping time. hopefully I get these shits before july.

I realize the guy is a start up, but he should really just stick to local business. In my experience International orders and bare-bones customer service are way above him. The average dude selling used clothes of supermarket is better at communicating.

Delays because his landlord locked him out of his shop/had to move, then delays because of broken machines, now the jeans are flying 2500 miles in the wrong direction, only for me to pay for them to come 2500 miles back. I sympathize, but really, my order has been a nightmare.

Sorry to hear about your experience, chubby.

I've heard, though, that a seller can only ship to whatever address you listed for Paypal? I've made the same mistake once before and the seller had to go through a whole refund-repayment-reship fiasco so I could fix my shipping address and get it right.

Yeah, chubby, that's a real bummer. Sorry to hear. I'd still give Gun some benefit of the doubt, I think in general (not only my experience) his service orientation is really high, as can be seen with the packaging, all the little repair/replacement thingys he includes and so forth. I believe you simply had bad luck. Why not ask him whether he would be prepared to share in the extra cost in form of a partial repayment?

Guest Selvage Seb.
Hidden
ugh. so pissed. At least I know the jeans actually exist now. For 10days somewhere in last month I had no idea if he was even making them because he wouldn't respond.

What is wrong with you man?

Relax a bit, I ordered a few days after you and yet they still have to be made

So?

He is facing some hard times, so be it.. it is what it is

Pretty easy for you to scam around an internet forum and complaining how bad his customer service is.

I'm getting really tired of people like you on an internet forum like this who can only post negative comments!

Why don't you go make your own pairs then if you can do everything better than he does?

Shut up man and stop complaining!

And be smart and change your shipping address in your paypal account

(or don't, so you have a good reason to scam again on every forum about faulty shipped orders)

Cheers!

lol everyone chill.

Gun is going through some things right now that are delaying shipments. And although that can't be changed and shit happens, people still have the right to be mad they ain't got their jeans yet.

I've got a pair from Gun and he's a good guy, tries his best to offer great service, but I'd also be kinda mad in chubby's situation.

So chill shawtys.

he has every right to complain and be frustrated, especially if his experience hasn't been a good one. its not like he's made it his mission to tarnish the gun's reputation. it's only a cautionary tale. everyone here respects gun and is willing to cut him some slack-- but I'm not gonna tell a dude he's out of place if he's made every effort to communicate with the seller after he's sent payment. at the end of the day it's still a business transaction-- the extra service is gravy. if he was just bitchin for bitchin's sake-- eg spoutin some stupid shit about pocket bag aesthetics--that'd be one thing. sure the timing isn't good, but if a fella's experience falls short of expectations, he should be able to express it here. I've had zero problems communicating with gun, but it doesn't mean someone else hasn't, or won't.

So?

Pretty easy for you to scam around an internet forum and complaining how bad his customer service is.

I'm getting really tired of people like you on an internet forum like this who can only post negative comments!

Why don't you go make your own pairs then if you can do everything better than he does?

(or don't, so you have a good reason to scam again on every forum about faulty shipped orders)

Cheers!

lol. I think you should chill first...talking about who's scamming or not, and who's given rights to necessarily not respond to his customer's complaints because he's going through tough times.

The customer spent his money, so let him complain. These jeans cost a lot of money and for that price I think a customer is entitled to complain and criticize whenever he feels necessary to do so.

It's up to you to decide whether to sympathize or complain. Don't conclude your decision as a definite answer and that your way and idea should be apllied to others.

So?

Cheers!

All I did was relay my experience, and my frustration. I even said I sympathize with him. Sorry (and quite strange) you took so much offense. Also i'm not sure what scamming means where you are from, or maybe you are just using the wrong word.

ArtistDenim wasn't capable of proper customer service, to fulfull their own deadline, or send my jeans to the right address! I have every right to complain. More of a right than you have to tell me to "shut up," anyway.

To have a legit website and fulfill international orders, I think there are standards a business should uphold. If Gun was an individual doing custom pairs through supermarket or something, I wouldn't complain about it.

If the jeans are absolutely great quality, I'll be just as prompt to relay that. Which I really hope will be the case!

Transparency in business communication and politics! down with censorship! yadda yadda yadda!

Yeah, chubby, that's a real bummer. Sorry to hear. I'd still give Gun some benefit of the doubt, I think in general (not only my experience) his service orientation is really high, as can be seen with the packaging, all the little repair/replacement thingys he includes and so forth. I believe you simply had bad luck. Why not ask him whether he would be prepared to share in the extra cost in form of a partial repayment?
Sorry to hear about your experience, chubby.

I've heard, though, that a seller can only ship to whatever address you listed for Paypal? I've made the same mistake once before and the seller had to go through a whole refund-repayment-reship fiasco so I could fix my shipping address and get it right.

Yeah, judging from everyone else's rave reviews I have to chalk it up to bad luck. blackmaged, thats only the case through ebay. I've had many things shipped to alternative addresses due to relocating/extended travel. Never been a problem. I don't have it out for this guy, I sware. Sorry if it comes off like that.

Well, this is 'the' forum to do with nerd denim, so if chubby can't express his frustrations or difficulties here, then where?

Although I do have to say that, as someone who used to sell quite a lot of stuff through eBay, I would only send items to the address listed in PayPal if the purchase is made through PayPal (it wasn't compulsory back then :P)... if a buyer wanted it shipped somewhere else, I'd have them change their PayPal address first before making payment, or have it clearly documented in eBay messages so it is apparent to the eBay/PayPal folks.

It just doesn't add up if and when the transaction degenerates into a dispute/claim for any reason.

Again, I emphasize that chubby's case is not unique - delays and periods of non-communication can be expected in pretty much all MTO businesses run by a single craftsmen, regardless of the garment or accessory in question.

This may be too risky or annoying for most, and if this applies to you then there are always larger companies with customer service departments to deal with.

That is not to say the same thing won't happen though...I'm waiting an extra month so far for my Alden boots, and they sure ain't one-man MTO.

Good points, mike. I have to agree with you. As frustrating as non-communication and minor mix-ups can be, you kind of have to be willing to accept this with one-man operations. If you're not willing to do so? Go get a similar product from SE or BiG, or just buy some cheap shit from your local mall.

It's a circumstance that you must always expect ahead of time when you are shopping through internet. If you don't like that idea, it's better off for you to visit local stores...Although a month of delay with lack of communication does sound ridiculous... But I can understand how difficult it is to operate a business by yourself...especially when your business is growing...inconveniences...A lot of them... It's very difficult to satisfy just a single person... so... yeah.

If anything, Gun should have maybe put up some sort of disclaimer on the Artist Denim main site. Something along the lines of 'there are delays due to unforeseen events' etc etc. Gun's transactions are pretty personal so something like that would be fitting.

I'm obviously one of the very few to have a negative experience, so thats a good sign. Hopefully I can write a rave review about these once i get them.

I think I will be the first person on here with a black pair. I went with denim #23 slim straight cut, fully lined back pockets and chambray pocket bags. This were a birthday present to myself too, so looking forward to getting them eventually.

sorry to hear your bad experience chubby. you may be the first one who have bad luck. If I were you, I may do the same thing as your. I think it's good to share experience with everybody when you think you should do (especially story like this) but I think it can happen to anyone or any company in the world. My friend have ever got bad experience from SE who shipped his jeans to Ireland but he is in Thailand so its took about 40 days to him to get the jeans (US>Ireland>US>Thailand). worst scenario I've ever seen.

I think you can contact gun to solve this error by personal. hope all go well with you and your jeans. :)

On a different note...

ceenam's pics of his Lot #1 Artists are really making me consider getting a pair. The size chart on the site, though, has got to be wrong... Sz29 is definitely not a 12" thigh (looks more like 10 from fit pics :eek: )

Is there anyone with a pair of these that can comment?

the measurement on the site is the old cut. the new cut has been adapted in some part. that size chart is pre soak measurement and #1 fabric shrink quite a lot. mine is 27 and its measure 10.75 now (1 soak initial and 4 months wear) so I think 29 will shrink to 11-11.25 with hot soak.

btw, cenaam is wearing 26 or 27 (not sure which one) :D

he sized down from 29 to 26 iirc.

don't know though since lance posted his pre-post soak measurements and got .75 in the thigh, which kinds of seems like nothing in the grand scheme of things lol.

Long story short, I don't want to size down too aggressively to the point where my legs are choking for air :P

Leg opening worries me too haha. 6-6.5 LO sounds too aggressive for me

(maybe i should just wait for the custom shop to open up again...)

Guest Selvage Seb.
Hidden

Sorry about my overheated reaction last time, don't know what was wrong with me..

I should have read your posts more carefully and shouldn't take it so much as an offense. My apologies towards chubby

I take back my stupid words

Sebastian

All I did was relay my experience, and my frustration. I even said I sympathize with him. Sorry (and quite strange) you took so much offense. Also i'm not sure what scamming means where you are from, or maybe you are just using the wrong word.

ArtistDenim wasn't capable of proper customer service, to fulfull their own deadline, or send my jeans to the right address! I have every right to complain. More of a right than you have to tell me to "shut up," anyway.

To have a legit website and fulfill international orders, I think there are standards a business should uphold. If Gun was an individual doing custom pairs through supermarket or something, I wouldn't complain about it.

If the jeans are absolutely great quality, I'll be just as prompt to relay that. Which I really hope will be the case!

Transparency in business communication and politics! down with censorship! yadda yadda yadda!

Guest Selvage Seb.
Hidden

By the way, have you already recieved your pants in the meantime?

Still haven't got mine..