Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

I went with the #20 denim which is a 14.5 oz, semi slubby indigo. Gun said it reminds him of the Eternal 811 denim so that helped sell me.

I think I may have remembered incorrectly. So it seems it is not the exact fabric that Eternal uses, but reminiscent.

Now I am curious about the denim that was supposedly used by Eternal. Did they use sanforized denim? I am also curious to know if anyone could provide more information on the different fabrics, other than #0-2! :) I am still hoping that I can sell my pair, and that Gun would be able to get the 50/50 natural okinawa fabric soon!

#10 looks similar to the denim on raw Rag and Bone jeans - though plain white selvage is pretty common

#14 was used in one of WeSC's selvage jeans

#15 kind of reminds me of Leepro denim (esp. if you look at evisu lazy s jeans)

Not sure about the rest :(

Kind of wish Gun would get a hold of more unsanforized fabrics..

Kind of wish Gun would get a hold of more unsanforized fabrics..

Yeah blackmaged, I agree with you. Slightly resistant to sanforized fabrics, perhaps because while they are made not to shrink that much, there have been varying reports of different sanfordized denim shrinking significantly.

Good thing the 'star' fabrics that Gun uses (the natural indigo stuff) are raw! :)

^ really? i thought we settled that it was this. used thread search function and it looks like nothing else discussing 'wesc' popped up until now

Yeah blackmaged, I agree with you. Slightly resistant to sanforized fabrics, perhaps because while they are made not to shrink that much, there have been varying reports of different sanfordized denim shrinking significantly.

Good thing the 'star' fabrics that Gun uses (the natural indigo stuff) are raw! :)

Are you speaking in the grand scheme of sanforized denim, or artist fabrics in particular?

wish we could get pre/post shrink measurements off of the selvedgeforum thread, but only a handful of people translate the posts

^Like your fit, I have the same original production run artistdenim. They're awaiting repair for the first small crotch damage.

^Like your fit, I have the same original production run artistdenim. They're awaiting repair for the first small crotch damage.

how long have you been wearing them? i've got mine since last year, but havent got much time to wear these as i've been wearing my sams.

I think it must be about four months. Daily basis, mostly, from autumn 2010 to early 2011.Didn'dt keep a very precise track, but did post here a couple times. I miss them, hope to get that repair thing over and done with and start wearing them again.

just got my pair yesterday morning, fabric is amazing (i really missed my SExSC pair that had a similar denim since i sold them so these fill that void)

photo.JPG

does anyone know when did gun stopped shipping with the box, flasher, and extra hardware?

craftsmanship is really good all around, one little thing i noticed is in this photo:

photo-1.JPG

looks like thread ran out halfway through down the leg and rather than starting over it was continued halfway down. very minor thing but i can't stop looking at it since i noticed.

the fit was a little slimmer than i had expected/hoped for but i think it will work

for reference all my other jeans (samurai, oni, SDA) are size 30 or 31. i went with a 34 in these based on measurements and if i was to order another pair i would probably go up to a 35 or 36.

Measurements Pre/Post

Mechanic size 34, 38" inseam

W: 31 (aligned)/ 30

FR: 11.5/ 11

BR: 15 /14.75

UT: 12.6/ 12.25

K: 8.5/ 8.25

H: 8.25/ 8

I: 36.75/ 35.5

that is after a cold/luke warm 15 minute soak

overall i am very happy and would definitely order another pair. and as said before his "star" fabric are definitely a great value at $170 a pair

haven't had time for fit pics yet, will update with those soon

did you post pics in this thread already? i'd love to see them and see what other details you chose.

how long did it take for the poking of sugar cane fibers to stop on your pair?

I haven't posted pics yet. My detail are pretty dull, nothing on the pockets except for an artist red tab, all artist buttons, copper doughnut rivets and I had Gun mix orange and yellow thread for the stitching.

Im thinking like 8-10 wears before the sugar cane stopped scratching?

It really wasn't that bad to begin with, noticeable but not brutal.

Mine stopped scratching immediately after the soak. But nothing like a little masochism for the true jeans lover!

• 2 weeks later...
artist denim site no longer exists?

Heard this from Gun:

"The website is down, It's working now.

I'm still working on jean and making a new product, I'm now co-working with 30 years experience silver smith. the amazing key brass will be out soon."

So it sounds like he's adding new products and just working on the site, but I'm excited to see what these key chains will be.