^ do you make prints your self??? how do to get the sides printed like that?

sorry, late reply. they're scanned in on a flatbed, but without using a slide holder. I just use a piece of glass to flatten them and line the negs up with the neg scanning section, as i really like the boarders. then if i'm gonna print i'll rescan at a high res. and print archival inkjet, but i can't really afford a ton of ink or film or developing right now, and i finished my darkroom class.... so i don't do that too much right now.

sorry for shitting up this thread... i need some help.

playing around with different settings tonight...

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

my autofocus wasn't working on the skyline at night, that's why i tried to focus on the posts after failed attempts at focusing on the empire state building...

any tips on manually focusing better?

Gotta assume that you're using slow shutter with large aperture which results in blur and overexposure when taking such night landscape shots....colour seems fine, so just use a smaller aperture to get a deeper depth of field so that everything from front to back will in focus

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

my autofocus wasn't working on the skyline at night, that's why i tried to focus on the posts after failed attempts at focusing on the empire state building...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/ericwong277/DSC_0045.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/ericwong277/DSC_0040.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/ericwong277/DSC_0016.jpg

It says that for your first pic you did a 5 second exposure? Were you using a tripod?

I think in general the cam. focuses on the closest 'object(s)', i guess your best bet would to select your autofocus point and let the camera do the rest

My baby! My baby! It's been far too long. The man has been trying to keep me down (well not really, ive just been lazy), but no more!

Lots of good work recently...everyone keep posting.

Spring Break this week and I spent it in eastern kentucky celebrating three years of my family project. Here are a quick few with a much larger update coming soon...ive still got a few days left in the beautiful mountains.

2lsckf6.jpg

2i8ku91.jpg

More please, I find your picture are so intriguing and that they each tell a story