I can wait. $1500 is what I would expect from a quality camera, that is if the improvement is drastic. Obviously it's too early to tell, but do you think it's worth it? I'm skeptical because with the money, I'll only be getting the body and kit lens. I'll need to spend a extra k on accessories and better lens somewhere down the line. Is it safe to say this camera could potentially last me a lifetime?

1500 is too much for a beginner like yourself.

Get a d90 and spend the rest on lenses. Any camera you purchase right now will give you the same unimpressive results.

Edited by koven

7680607002_ef9f81c095_c.jpg

Also, shameless plug for my 500px... add me!

unsure if this is the correct thread to post, if not, please forgive me.

Been looking into entry dslr lately and came across 4 (canon t4i, nikon d3200, 5100 and 7000). If you have another model in mind, feel free to post.

which would you opt to go with, and why? Most would argue any is fine, and it's the lens I should worry about. I'm just trying to consider other's opinions.

Best,

I would go with a Canon Rebel T2i. Hell of a camera if you can deal without a touch/flip-out screen, in-cam HDR, and some other what I could consider nonessential features. Much cheaper than the T4i and arguably just as good of a camera.

If you are willing to deal with somewhat of a dated camera, the Canon 5D classic is amazing. I recently picked one up for $550... possibly the cheapest full frame camera available right now

nice lens lowrider, I'm shooting the 50 1.4 lately after digging through my grandpa's old camera bag...got a 100-300 (200-400 equiv.) can't wait to try out. Doesn't that 35mm have some sort of radioactive coating on it or something?

If you are willing to deal with somewhat of a dated camera, the Canon 5D classic is amazing. I recently picked one up for $550... possibly the cheapest full frame camera available right now

$550?? If you can find another at that price, lmk. I'm a buyer all day at that price. The best I've seen thus far have been ~$700 and that's for bodies that have seen better days.

nice lens lowrider, I'm shooting the 50 1.4 lately after digging through my grandpa's old camera bag...got a 100-300 (200-400 equiv.) can't wait to try out. Doesn't that 35mm have some sort of radioactive coating on it or something?

yep... a few manufacturers were using thorium in their glass to increase the index of refraction. this went on for a few years until the manufacturing process was deemed unsafe. i don't even carry my kit lens these days as the focus peaking and focus assist on the NEX makes MF'ing a fun (not frustrating) challenge.

$550?? If you can find another at that price, lmk. I'm a buyer all day at that price. The best I've seen thus far have been ~$700 and that's for bodies that have seen better days.

Yea, I pretty much checked fredmiranda for 2 weeks and the body was pretty roughed up.. but at that price, no complaints.

Yea, I pretty much checked fredmiranda for 2 weeks and the body was pretty roughed up.. but at that price, no complaints.

That's a great deal. I couldn't stand mine though, it lacked the MA I needed for the lens I was using and the live view. Otherwise it was a great inexpensive FF camera.