This is mine:

img8605xm9.jpg

This was the inspiration:

box842.JPG

But after shooting a few images I realised that I preferred the images taken when my external flash was the only light source. I pretty much aimed it the same way as the 2nd picture shows, but I added a bounce card that was facing away from the object, which made the reflection alot less harsh and gave it more 'glow'

This was taken with just the external flashlight positioned to the right as you can see from the shadow

img8592ov0.jpg

^ not much.

the 18-70 lens wont go for much by itself...not exactly a prefered lens even though its decent from my experience with it. i bought mine a long time ago used for $150.

the D70 has lonnng been outdated and i typically see it once in awhile on craigslist for like $400 for just a body.

if i were you, i'd say skip out on it and opt for a D80 used for a couple hundred more. the D80 + 18-135mm lens is a great deal and you can find them for like $800-900 brand new now. i'm sure you can find some used for like 600-700

I applaud your adventurous photo-excursion.

On another side note, wtf is the problem in these pictures? Is it the SD card I'm using, is it the card reader or is it my (gasp) D50 itself fucking everything up?

dsc9332webqv7.jpg

dsc9330webby1.jpg

I manually (through windows) trasfered each file onto my computer and they couldn't be opened somehow by normal image previews. Once I opened these on photoshop they worked but without the following error message showing up: "incomplete end-of file" or some kinda "error in compression"

Help?

I applaud your adventurous photo-excursion.

On another side note, wtf is the problem in these pictures? Is it the SD card I'm using, is it the card reader or is it my (gasp) D50 itself fucking everything up?

dsc9332webqv7.jpg

dsc9330webby1.jpg

I manually (through windows) trasfered each file onto my computer and they couldn't be opened somehow by normal image previews. Once I opened these on photoshop they worked but without the following error message showing up: "incomplete end-of file" or some kinda "error in compression"

Help?

i've had friends that this has happened too. one of them had a d70 and the images looked more fucked up than that. i would like to think it's due to heavy use of the camera (from looking thru the photo thread, i'm assuming you shoot A LOT, as was the only conclusion me and my friend made). it's highly unlikely that it's the sd card or card reader (unless their really shitty), b/c they only hold or transfer information, from the looks of the images, it looks like its straight from camera. does it look like this on the lcd?

try resetting your camera.

i've had friends that this has happened too. one of them had a d70 and the images looked more fucked up than that. i would like to think it's due to heavy use of the camera (from looking thru the photo thread, i'm assuming you shoot A LOT, as was the only conclusion me and my friend made). it's highly unlikely that it's the sd card or card reader (unless their really shitty), b/c they only hold or transfer information, from the looks of the images, it looks like its straight from camera. does it look like this on the lcd?

try resetting your camera.

ugh I'll be pretty devastated if this is true

:(:( :( :( :( :( :(

It happened only to my recent shots also, I took some shots with same old SD card and instead of taking out the sd card and putting it into card reader I plugged the camera in directly and trasfered it via usb connection, everything is fine.. for now.

ugh I'll be pretty devastated if this is true

:(:( :( :( :( :( :(

It happened only to my recent shots also, I took some shots with same old SD card and instead of taking out the sd card and putting it into card reader I plugged the camera in directly and trasfered it via usb connection, everything is fine.. for now.

ah...camera's probably fine. when my friend's d70 started turning up fucked up images, it showed up on the lcd and on every photo after. her camera was pretty much toast.

i would still suggest resetting the camera.

Is that all there is to this story? Dude just wanted some people to take pictures of him naked?

we wanted us to do it too but i wasn't about it. my friend was going to but backed out at the last minute.

he ran around the metreon naked for a few minutes with a sock on his pork sword my friend got the pictures of that. it was my job to watch the bikes and distract the security from chasing him.