ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

Hey This thread is rolling again! Im around three months now and i took some pictures in Sunlight. Wow you can really see the coulors popping in the sun!

Great jeans Vand 23, -Z-, chambo, Farhad, Roelez looking Very good!

1 wash 40 C initial

1 ocean soak

Thats it, but i really want the honeycombs to settle for real before i start to go mad washing. Got some knee skidmarks from Winterplaying with some friends in the "pulka backe" (sled hill)

2pooaau.jpg

33xitl5.jpg

pictures looked a little weird so auto adjusted in picture manager, hope its ok. Colours a little bit darker in most lights.

first machine wash...three rinse cycles. these things were pretty dirty after 2.5 months of straight wear!

i'm going to be a guinea pig on this one guys. I'm not going to do anything special with these jeans, wearing them everyday, washing them whenever I feel like it, in my machine, with regular detergent, and maybe even throwing them in the dryer from time to time. we'll see how that compares to some other "care styles"...

5333137517_f6d43e0f78_z.jpg

5333752624_b96e47ea20_z.jpg

5333139089_55c194452f_z.jpg

5333754040_ea026c57a9_z.jpg

5333138377_1fc81e8f0e_z.jpg

This last pic is the my favorite. Getting some really great contrast already, but I'm not shooting for a high contrast pair in the long run. I am getting some wrinkled fades in places as well, which I love.

5333753232_84b510231f_z.jpg

Wondering what detriment there is to tumble drying. My pair is still a little too big after a couple hot soaks. Would the tumble dry shrink them even more? What effect would that have on the fabric moving forward?

These are likely questions that have most certainly been asked before, but I didn't see anything in this thread, so thought I'd post a quick query.

I like your idea -Z- and am wondering if I'm not going to have to adopt that style as well, just to keep these small enough to fit nicely. :)

Thanks!

#92 here!

Screen printing is non-existent on mine...

Same here, bruddah. We should have a Philly contest thrash some time. We can compare pockets ;-)

Wondering what detriment there is to tumble drying. My pair is still a little too big after a couple hot soaks. Would the tumble dry shrink them even more? What effect would that have on the fabric moving forward?

These are likely questions that have most certainly been asked before, but I didn't see anything in this thread, so thought I'd post a quick query.

How much denim have you owned to be jumping in on a contest? Not bashing you, but that's an amateur question, and not asked here for a reason. The only detriment (as I experienced on my other 811 and other jeans) is that machine drying jeans this new can lead to unwanted abrasions and random indigo loss/white streaks.

(Best to not turn them inside out in this case, IMO - new denim against denim can be bad. But a black bic pen resolved my issue. Machine drying generally improves my fits, I feel. But you won't see much add'l shrink on these until you wear them a few weeks and wash/dry again).

Same here, bruddah. We should have a Philly contest thrash some time. We can compare pockets ;-)

How much denim have you owned to be jumping in on a contest? Not bashing you, but that's an amateur question, and not asked here for a reason. The only detriment (as I experienced on my other 811 and other jeans) is that machine drying jeans this new can lead to unwanted abrasions and random indigo loss/white streaks.

(Best to not turn them inside out in this case, IMO - new denim against denim can be bad. But a black bic pen resolved my issue. Machine drying generally improves my fits, I feel. But you won't see much add'l shrink on these until you wear them a few weeks and wash/dry again).

Thanks for your thoughts/direction. Much appreciated.

Had maybe 5 pairs over the past few years? Never read about the effects of tumble drying, since I never had any desire/need to, and never really cared to... Also, never had a pair that was too big that I was trying to make smaller. Anyway, I did a quick tumble, and perhaps noticed a slight bit of shrinkage.

Thanks for your thoughts/direction. Much appreciated.

Had maybe 5 pairs over the past few years? Never read about the effects of tumble drying, since I never had any desire/need to, and never really cared to... Also, never had a pair that was too big that I was trying to make smaller. Anyway, I did a quick tumble, and perhaps noticed a slight bit of shrinkage.

Gotcha. Didn't mean for my remarks to seem unkind. We're all going to have a great time with this, and I love how many people are involved.

The one-wash size chart shown on the contest jeans page at Blue in Green reflects the true shrink potential of these. It's accurate (I tried some o/w on and damn...)

Granted, I think they're industrial dried and then re-soaked and sun-dried, but I know there's more shrink in mine even after two hot soaks and a machine dry.

Looking forward to seeing yours, man!

Gotcha. Didn't mean for my remarks to seem unkind. We're all going to have a great time with this, and I love how many people are involved.

The one-wash size chart shown on the contest jeans page at Blue in Green reflects the true shrink potential of these. It's accurate (I tried some o/w on and damn...)

Granted, I think they're industrial dried and then re-soaked and sun-dried, but I know there's more shrink in mine even after two hot soaks and a machine dry.

Looking forward to seeing yours, man!

Nah, didn't seem unkind to me. :)

Definitely interested in following the progress on all these... With the amount of wear I've seen on some in only 3 months, I shudder to think how they'll look at 24 months!

Mine are changing, got a ton of different colors on them. The back of the front pocket rivets are getting color as well...kinda cool.

three and half months?

DSC_0749.jpg

DSC_0750.JPG

did some pocket repair using a sailmaking sewing machine i had access to

DSC_0751.JPG

DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0753.jpg

DSC_0754.JPG

the blues are probably popping more cause of direct sunlight, but they are doing all sorts of awesome things

#88 checking in.

100_3265.jpg

Picture was taken a few days ago, but it'll serve its purpose.

Some measurements for those who like to see them. Did two hot soaks with a hang dry.

Pre-soak

Waist - 16.25"

Front Rise - 11.5"

Thigh - 12.25"

Knee - ~ 9.6"

Hem - 8.75"

Inseam - 37"

Post-soak

Waist - 15.5"

Front Rise - 11"

Thigh - 11.75"

Knee - 9.25"

Hem - 8.5"

Inseam - 35"

Couple of fit pictures:

100_3292.jpg

100_3293.jpg

It's nice to participate in another contest after finishing with the Full Count one. I love the denim, pockets are super comfy, it was worth the wait.