ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

Curious as to how much waist shrinkage people are getting with larger sizes. I just got a message from Gordon that the size 38's I ordered measure 39"... This is concerning to me, as I was almost concerned a raw 38" was possibly going to be too big already, now I have that extra inch to deal with! All the other measurements are in line with what's on the site (which all seem perfect to me), but that extra inch in the waist might be the killer. I hope I'm overreacting... Guess I just have to wait and see. Going to have to try and spot shrink? Is that even possible? :)

Rather concerned that these are going to be too big, and I'm going to have try and let them go, which will likely be impossible. Also, there's no size 36 available anymore, so I'm definitely out of luck there.

Crossing my fingers.

:)

Just got back from Xmas in Hongkong. Finally picked myself up some "real" shoes & latest copy of Lightning mag.

Quick update on my Eternals (post 2 hand wash and 1 machine wash). Why the machine wash? After a night on the drinks in HK, I was out of cash and had to hit the ATM, this junkie looking guy came up to me, I hot footed it away but not without spilling Ebeneezer kebab sauce on my jeans. Denim is looking fantastic, still dark with great contrast in the areas of most wear. I can tell I cross my right leg over the left more than the other way around! Quite a bit of shrinkage after the machine wash, definitely a tighter fit in the legs.

5308873669_d1bf543ef6_z.jpg

Nice knee fades & darts appearing

5309461958_a7603b60ce_z.jpg

Big shout out from SHA to RVA with love!

Buzz Rickson MA-1 William Gibson collection long

Pepe jeans shirt

Sugarcane belt

Eternal + BiG 811

Alden + Context Tanker boot Color 8 Shell Cordovan

Oscar wears doggy-style Levi's carpenter jean repro by Peppers

Happy new year to all!

Just got an email,

"Just to update you that the jeans arrived today and we’ll be shipping out your order shortly."

So i'm guessing on monday that I will be starting this contest with you guys

Will take pics when they arrive:)

yea got that email too and cant wait for them to arrive, wear them and join in. :)

oh yea. :)

5316668133_feda821dcf_z.jpg

2 months-ish. 1 pre-soak. soak at 1 month, going to soak tomorrow...maybe.

Did a 1 hour soak in hot water (don't know the temp.).

Some rough measurements on my size 38 beasts (any other size 38 beasts here?):

Inseam:

Raw: 39

After 1 hour in hot water: 37

Leg opening:

Raw: 9.5

After 1 hour in hot water: 9

Waist: 19.25

After 1 hour in hot water: 18.375

And, in case it's helpful for anyone that might come upon this post. I'm 6'2" tall, and weigh 215 lbs.

So far, I'm super happy with them (I hope for the same feeling after I've worn them). Quality looks spot on.