ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

Beatle, get Gordon to sweet talk Eternal into sending us some t-shirts for the "orange pocket crew" if the others get yellow stitching since ours got botched!

i'm not concerned too much about the stitching.. but I would love a free t-shirt.. I won't mind paying shipping either..

but I think the pocket imprint was not what I had expected.. at least not from Eternal

Here's my pair #53. Been hella busy will soak/wash them this sunday and post the fit pics. Probably wont start wearing hard until the new year, as I'm working on my 003 SDA's:D

2jfbr7m.jpg

110yi50.jpg

Post Soak measurements

Waist: 88.9 cm

Front Rise: 30.48 cm

Back Rise: 40.64 cm

Thigh: 33.02 cm

Knee: 24 cm

Leg Opening: 22.86 cm

Inseam: 95.88 cm

wow, that is fantastic news. i'd love seeing a lot more people hop on board in this one! (shoutout to aho)
^Great news indeed...I'll have to check with Gordon about getting myself a pair...ranon, looks like we'll be in competition

(usually a 30 in everything else, but 32"waist raw on a lower rise is a bit tight for me these days :X )

On board too as on as Gordon gives the go-ahead. Glad this happened. I was sad to have been too broke to get in on the first pre-order.

Looking forward to getting in some contest time with all you guys.

Aho - yeah, I feel for you. just cant tolerate tight jeans anymore...

I went TTS also, stretching very nicely in the top waist and thighs to give a great fit. Way roomier than my PBJ or Skulls in the same size.

oh god, fuck skulls. really wanted that skinny fit when i saw leroy + sidneyro in '07, but realized I could never, ever achieve slim-i-tude ever. Even tried sleeping in a pair of 5010xxs until the gf got pissed about denim-dyed sheets :rolleyes:

great feedback everyone. Think I'm probably going to go TTS. If the fit was exactly the same as the pair of sz 30 I had 2 years ago then it should work out. I'm probably at my slimmest now, but as my weight fluctuates hopefully TTS would give me some room should I gain some weight.

Just out of curiousity, for those of you who are going for the 2nd preorder - have you gotten confirmation/made payment from Gordon yet? I've emailed him but have had no reply. Any heads up much appreciated!

Can't wait to join you guys. :)

^^hahaha the things we do.

damn these jeans are dark. way darker than any jeans I've owned prior.

and I doubt it, but I'm gonna laugh if this second pre-order is larger than the first one. seems like everybody and their brother was broke in June, but now that they see these jeans, how amazing the fits are, and have a second chance they're coming out of the woodwork to supergrab these. can't wait for new contestants! and I personally hope that mr. dkatz has a secret pair paid for and waiting for him at BiG while he's in NYC this week...that would be dope.

Just out of curiousity, for those of you who are going for the 2nd preorder - have you gotten confirmation/made payment from Gordon yet? I've emailed him but have had no reply. Any heads up much appreciated!

Can't wait to join you guys. :)

It says on BiG's website that the 2nd preorder doesn't open until tomorrow, maybe that's when Gordon will start responding to emails.

I might take that opportunity to get another pair to size down. It's currently far too big for my liking and makes me conscious for everyday wear.

I don't usually ask sizing questions, but looking for opinion.. I'm currently a size31 but a down size to size30 is only a 0.5" difference in the waist. It doesn't look like anyone on the list on the second post did a SDT. Anyone think that it's too tight a squeeze to size down from 31 to 29? For a comparison, I'm a size 30 PBJ 005

BTW - I will be receiving my 32's next week.

If I'm correct and I lost as much weight as my current jeans indicate - I might be on the trade list.

so if any of you with a 31 or 30 feel like your jeans are too tight - let me know..

It's been 10 days, and a lot of people have been asking about sizing and stretching and whatnot. Decided to do another set of fit pics with the 10 days worth of wear. These have been hiking, biking, and partying so they are finally starting to settle down.

Original Pre/Post soak fit pics.

eternal1.jpg

Original sizing after 60C wash

SUO

Pre-meas. Post meas.

Waist 84cm Waist 80cm

Inseam 88cm Inseam 80cm

Front Rise 29.5cm Front rise 27cm

Back Rise 40cm Back Rise 37cm

10 day fit pics

eternal2.jpg

Current sizing

Waist 84 (have been tucking in shirts, and letting them ride a little lower so they stretched a bit)

Inseam settled to 81.5

Front rise still 27cm

Back rise stretched to 39cm

I think they still need to settle a bit in the back, but overall I am happy with sizing up one.

Just got my Eternals today

Sorry Phone pic's Camera died :(

denimpics.jpg

pocketbag17.jpg

I think i gonna have a issue with the fit looking at the Pre soak picks.....

resizeassfitpic.jpg

resizefitpick.jpg

Waist is fine but the legs seem a bit tight.... I'm having the opposite issue from most 811 wearers? Dam leg work outs

At least i asked Gordon Last min to change it to a 34 instead of a 33 will post Post soak picks once their done soaking.

Thanks guys - I hope so.

I lost a ton of indigo (and dyed my legs blue) after walking with these through Stanley park in downpour - probably helped define the whiskers and combs a bit more

Hopefully I can destroy them - I'm rotating these and a pair of LVCs for that contest so hopefully the two pairs can stay alive for the full 2 years :)