what are you reading today?

almondcrush

Bought this after seeing your post. Just finished it tonight. In the beginning I didn't think much of it, but it turned out to be a pretty good book after all.

Yeah I agree, it started off pretty slow with the whole boarding school background parts.

I enjoyed how the whole story got sort of twisted and everything found a new perspective after you realised what the whole deal with the kids was.

now reading:

Blinkgla.jpg

after finishing:

Thetippingpoint.jpg

51JJ37GC71L.jpg

rereading this... so good and magical-like, shit i love this book

Ondaatje is one of the many reasons why I was in love with my high school English teacher. There are many others.

Please read The Cinnamon Peeler if you haven't already.

You can smell Sri Lanka through the pages.

Currently rereading-

Divisadero.jpg

Good stuff.

I was reading that earlier today but I found it to be dull. So it'll become before bed reading.

But I am thoroughly enjoying this,

NEWBALLAD_Cvrbig.jpg

That looks pretty awesome. I like what is talked about in the book because I am actually in the motorcycle industry so I can relate to getting my hands dirty and doing shit for myself.

cheap_cover1.jpg

I'm about halfway through this, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm gonna make it required reading for my employees, but I think it'd be a valuable read for anyone. It's pretty amazing understanding the deeper psycological and chemical reasons for how we behave as consumers.

Also, outside of books, I'm hoping for some reccomendations on some magazines that'd be worth subscribing to. I used to hoard magazines, collect back issues, etc, but it's been a while, and with subscription rates being so low I think it's time to drive my OCD wife insane again with a few more. What does everyone like? I'm gonna grab Wax Poetics for sure, but what else is good?