UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

Those are fantastic. I'm pretty set on getting the 400Rs now. They just look toy good to pass up, especially after seeing the pictures aho posted.

Edit: Lee just responded (really quickly too) that the back rise of the 400R in a size 30 is 33cm, or about 13 inches, and the inseam for the long model is 94cm. The rise scares me a bit, and I might have to size up, since these will probably sit closer to the hips than the waist.

Edited by frank

Haha, it looks like you're about to give in Aho! Those Art Teacher jeans are some of my favourites from the catalogue that Lee sent out to us all a while back. So much character in both the denim and from the wearer's lifestyle like the paint stains.

Funnily, it was exactly this pair I shared with Flash and b_f yesterday to show show excited I am about that denim. And I also dug out the Lightning Denim Book - it was there that I first read about UES and the jacket and shown faded pairs amazed me.

By the way - here you can find the winning pairs of the 2010 contest - not the usual winner. http://www.ues.co.jp/denimcontestvote/denimcontest2010.html  This will add a little extra spice, as I think that western and eastern opinions about beautiful fades might differ a bit.

Edited by Max Power

^Exactly how I expect my pairs to turn out! And apparently I wasn't far off on the contest winner, looks like kids always have a leg up on the adults...

15_1.jpg

And in second place

19_1.jpg

I guess my frequent washes will pay off (if I join, which damn it's looking like 60/40 in favor of joining right now)...

Yup i understand that, but Rivets thigh after soak is ~13.5 & UES 12.6 on a 34w.

13.5 is very generous, even i consider the cut then with my fat legs.. ;)

Im with you man, makes me wonder.  Based on UES measurements, bF is getting a jean with a 12.5" thigh.  I need a 13" thigh minimum.  

cool contest nonetheless

Hey guys, I found some measurements and shrinking info on an Australian website (webshop):

notes: the denims will shrink up to 8% after hot wash

cold soak : 0.5" in waist ; 1" in the length
cold wash/warm soak : 1" in the waist ; 1.5" in the length
warm wash: 1.5" in the waist ; 2" in the length
hot wash: 2" in the waist ; 2.5" in the length

source: http://corlectionstore.com/denim/ues-400t.html

The 400T used for these measurements is the half selvedge one, but I guess it's the same denim as the full selvedge?? Can somebody confirm this? Same denim means, same shrinking effect. 

Edited by Somar

Hey guys, I found some measurements and shrinking info on an Australian website (webshop):

The 400T used for these measurements is the half selvedge one, but I guess it's the same denim as the full selvedge?? Can somebody confirm this? Same denim means, same shrinking effect. 

Yes, it is the same denim.They have just cut the pattern in order to keep the full selvedge line.

http://ues.co.jp/rainbowcounty/indigojounal/2013/1month.html

This pair is being worn with the intention of washing once every month to see how it turns out...He's showing a lot of progress even by the third month if you click through the timeline. Here they are by the 8th month:

10831503744_d07c303da5_o.jpg

I'll always be an advocate of washing often and frequent. Particularly when you have a fabric with a lot of character, I'm of the belief that frequent washing brings it out. 70/30 on joining now guys, just need to figure out what pair to sell first... ;)

I just came from a meeting with Chuji, the owner of UES.

He has agreed that any 400T jeans bought between now and the start of the competition from Rivet & Hide can have the jeans signed and dated in marker pen by us on one of the pocket bags. I will then supply him with the name and email address of the customer so that they have a record of when the jeans were bought to ensure fair play in the competition.

I have also ordered the same branding machine. This will take about one month to be delivered. The upcoming competition aside, UES often brand the leather patch of their jeans with the date of purchase at the request of the customer so I am happy offer this same service for those who want it in the long term. 

I saw some great pieces from next years collection and look forward to growing the UES brand at Rivet & Hide and introducing our customers to the great quality and craftsmanship their garments offer.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

max runners are 13? thinking about joining

nah it's open for more...I was just too lazy to add more numbers to the list (yet) :D

edit:

@Danny: I thought you 3 have finished discussion by now ;) That are great news for any EU resident (and rest of the world) who is still on the fence about joining or not :)

And I already adjusted the first post accordingly

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK