Real Japan Blues - Jeans & Shirts...

kiya

Size chart for the RJB 19cm jeans has been added to the product page.

Real Japan Blues 66BSPBK 19cm Slim Tapered Black Selvedge Jean

Real Japan Blues brings us some slim goodness in the form of the 66BSPBK, a slim tapered jean based after the 19cm silhouette made of a 14oz black selvedge denim with black stitching throughout.

The denim used on this is a first for Real Japan Blues and Flat Head (RJB's parent company). This black denim is rigid and feels far heavier than it actually is; when raw quite a lot of character can be seen within the denim weave, which is rare for a denim this dark that's made of black/black yarns.

A very unique black denim, tapered leg, rigid feel, subtle logo stitch, and a slim fit that's been modified slightly to accommodate all sizes and assured to look great in every size from 28 to 36.

The RJB 66BSPBK will go on sale at 10am (PST) on Saturday April 11th in our online store and at Noon in-store the same day.

Check the online store now for full specs, hi-res photos, measurements/shrinking info, and more:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=76

rjb_19cm_01_web-761547.jpg

rjb_19cm_02_web-761484.jpg

rjb_19cm_03_web-714378.jpg

rjb_19cm_04_web-714324.jpg

rjb_19cm_05_web-701061.jpg

rjb_19cm_06_web-701004.jpg

Got my RJB 19cm's, thanks Kiya and everyone at Self Edge.

Two questions and a few comments.

Q1:. Any special care for soaking given that these are zip fly?

Q2: Since the patch says "Self Edge," does it mean that these are considered a collab, or does it mean that these are exclusive to Self Edge only in terms of sale? Or maybe it denotes Kiya's design?

Comments: A world of difference between these and the Iron Heart 9301. Top block on the RJB's fit really nicely, mid to high rise I'd say compared to most of my jeans. The leg openings are cut really aggressively thin, no kidding--I was surprised when my feet struggled through the openings the first time I tried these on. This could be that these are my first pair of slim tapered jeans.

Denim feels nice; I'm not sure I agree with Self Edge's characterization that it's rigid for 14oz and feels far heavier than it is. I could see myself wearing these in the summer. Will add more on denim when I have a chance to observe it in the sun. It doesn't appear to be as black as the IH 9301. I do wonder how these will fade but I generally don't mind much if denim doesn't fade; I pretend that they are my dress pants Mon thru Fri.

Comments: A world of difference between these and the Iron Heart 9301.

Could you write a brief (or lengthy, if you wish) comparison between the RJBs and the IHs?

I'm on the fence between the two and if you own or have tried both I'd like to hear your impressions. Currently leaning towards the RJBs, though...

I too would like to know if the RJBs are a Self Edge collaboration (in case I win the SExFH05 contest.. LAWLZ)

Got my RJB 19cm's, thanks Kiya and everyone at Self Edge.

Two questions and a few comments.

Q1:. Any special care for soaking given that these are zip fly?

Q2: Since the patch says "Self Edge," does it mean that these are considered a collab, or does it mean that these are exclusive to Self Edge only in terms of sale? Or maybe it denotes Kiya's design?

I believe there was an interview a little while back with Kiya where he said models with BSP in the name were designed by him. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Could you write a brief (or lengthy, if you wish) comparison between the RJBs and the IHs?

I'm on the fence between the two and if you own or have tried both I'd like to hear your impressions. Currently leaning towards the RJBs, though...

I too would like to know if the RJBs are a Self Edge collaboration (in case I win the SExFH05 contest.. LAWLZ)

Seconded, I'll be wearing either of those pairs when I'm done with my AWs.

My two cents:

1. Sizing and fit. I'd suggest sizing down or staying true to size on the IH9301. I find it hard to comprehend why a generally good-looking slim jean would come with such a boxy top block. The legendary 22oz denim certainly doesn't help you feeling slim. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining: I only wish the cut on the top block were more flattering. From the thigh down, the IH 9301 kicks ass. Combs and stacking settle quickly and settle well; for a slim jean it looks very masculine to me. It's beginning to show a tendency towards developing that "greasy" look in high-abrasion areas, not noticeable unless one pays attention, but my guess is that I shouldn't expect it to "fade" but really to have a "coated" look eventually. I could be wrong since I've only had them for a few weeks, and I don't wear them everyday.

The RJB 19cm fit me really well in the top block right out of the box. The rise is roughly 1" higher than on the IH9301. Don't know what to feel about the zip fly; I certainly hope it'll hold up. Slim through thigh, but drastically thinner from shin down, to the extent that, as I mentioned already, my feet had to struggle a little to get through. I also needed to tuck the ankle part of my boots into the leg openings. I guess if one is used to the 19cm cut this should only be natural?

2. Denim. Fading properties of both are pretty much unfathomable to me, which adds to the fun of wearing these jeans. I don't think I've seen a good pic of IH superblacks' evo. Surely, those looking for rigidity will be satisfied by the 22oz. I personally like the rigid look a lot when the jean is stacked. Keep in mind that IH denim shrinks minimally, so you might want to just wear it without soaking. The denim on the RJB is assuredly new: it looks and feels nothing like the FH 3xxx denim.I'm tempted to say it's a muted black but I've only observed under artificial lighting. It doesn't feel very rigid for a 14oz, and is quite comfortable when worn. Caution to the wind--after trying on the RJBs I realized that because of the slim tapered cut, it's almost impossible to take these off and hand massage them to factory state, at least not for my dumb ass. You might want to give this some thought if you are going to buy them online for I would feel rather bad returning them to Kiya.

I'd be happy to answer questions that I haven't covered in this post.

Nice feedback.

I'm waiting my RJB.

Based on measurements, they definitely should be slimmer from the shin down than Dior 19cm--the opening is tinier. I have Diors so I'll compare once I receive my RJB.

Did you soak your RJB? By the way you're talking, it doesn't sound like you did.

RJB 19cm look nice, will probably purchase.

Interesting measurements though, ie it seems to me the leg opening is actually going to be slimmer than a dior 19cm would be.

Fit looks good on Sid though. I'd assume he's wearing a presoaked 28?

show us a fit pic when you get them!

Caution to the wind--after trying on the RJBs I realized that because of the slim tapered cut, it's almost impossible to take these off and hand massage them to factory state, at least not for my dumb ass. You might want to give this some thought if you are going to buy them online for I would feel rather bad returning them to Kiya.

very true just got mine in the mail this morning and tried them on for 2 minutes and after i rolled around my bed trying to take them off (feet were stuck) they look like they have been ya know worn. For a second i did get that cold "fuck what did i do/buy" sweat, but they are really comfortable. bellow the knew is great and the taper is crazy. im thinking of cuffing them.. it kind of makes the hem a little better with a 1" cuff and i kind of like the look of the white popping put of the selvedge. For the top block its def higher then most of my denim somewhere b/w mid and high

Almost 100% sure im going to soak to get some shrinkage in the top block and waist.

You can definitely soak these, and you SHOULD hot soak them once you get them.

These come with a zipper fly, and so does the 106BSP, but the 105BSP is button fly.

Zipper or fly, they all should be hot soaked before wearing.

Ah I'm so on the fence between these and the 9301s from IH. Why can't there be a jean that uses IH's 22oz rigid black selvedge denim, IH's black patch, arcuates and stitching, IH's button fly, IH's thigh-down silhouette, RJB's top block, RJB's knife pocket, RJB's back pockets, and RJB's selvedge outseam?

Best of both worlds? :[

Sorry for the shit pix:

Pre-soak front:

3446050382_80392c959b.jpg?v=0

Pre-soak weird stacking:

3445228149_f229774c62.jpg?v=0

Post-soak front:

3446038540_f4ebc76538.jpg?v=0

Post-soak back:

3446034642_a9852aa515.jpg?v=0

Post-soak sideways:

3445225761_f8ff713f58.jpg?v=0

Top block fits snug post-soak. Denim has become...un-denim-like, for want of a better word, super-comfy. After the first day, I've had a slight problem with the knee bulge. Maybe it's just my mind screwing with me but every time I stand up from a seated position, I have to massage the bulge flat before I can accept my look.

Guest devil.beside.you

Been considering some rjb's as my next pair, good to see some pics

btw, I think your presoak fit looks better than your post soak (minus the stacking) so hopefully it'll stretch out a bit!

Been considering some rjb's as my next pair, good to see some pics

btw, I think your presoak fit looks better than your post soak (minus the stacking) so hopefully it'll stretch out a bit!

I'd argue that the lighting quality is too poor to determine anything...other than the jeans are definitely black.

In all seriousness, thanks for the fit pics though. I'm anxiously awaiting my pair.

Yeah, about 40 minutes, hot water, then line dry..

Guest devil.beside.you

apples I hope you're referring to his pics with bad lighting LOL cuz the boots are pretty much ALL you can see

Looking decent with that last post on that fit

After seeing it though, I think i'm gonna stray away from the rjb blacks

strangely after the soak, the waist is almost the same size, its a shame because I would think they'll stretch out to be too big. The inseam shrunk 2.5" though.. fit pics tomorrow. There is TONS of room in the thigh, my advice, size down 1 (maybe 2)

strangely after the soak, the waist is almost the same size, its a shame because I would think they'll stretch out to be too big. The inseam shrunk 2.5" though.. fit pics tomorrow. There is TONS of room in the thigh, my advice, size down 1 (maybe 2)

fit pics apples?

I got the smallest size available...so no sizing down for me.

Mine should be here today. Stupid Canadian customs delaying things.