Real Japan Blues - Jeans & Shirts...

kiya

i'll give some feedback after wearing my size 28s for a few days. no fit pics will be coming unless someone wants to come take pics of me and post them bc i'm way too lazy/busy these days.

top block is great, fits similar to my 29s in diors.

knee bulge is a bit of an issue, these aren't nearly as tight in the knee compared to my IH slim.

leg opening was ridiculous at first but has loosened up now and is fine. definitely cut aggressively at the opening, which would be an issue depending on what kind of shoes you wear.

i really like the denim. overall, very pleased, but it's unfortunate that these jeans are cut big because i'm not even that skinny and had to get the smallest size.

for comparison, i'm a 30 in IH slim, a 29 in dior 19 cm. i'm 6 foot, 155 pounds.

FIt Pics

Before soak:

2db33f93.jpg

763acdd2.jpg

Post soak:

9729ae2e.jpg

f20ca481.jpg

2110122b.jpg

Impressions:

When they first came the denim was really shiny and very stiff, but after the soak, almost all of the shine had gone and the denim had softened up heaps. It is a bit of a shame, I was hoping for the denim to have a white core (much like a previous black warp/weft jean I had) so they would had like regular indigoes. but alas. They do, however, get shiny in places of wear. The top block is fairly boxy, tighter in the hips rather than the waist. I'm not sure whats up witht eh measurements on the SF website, but when my 31s came the measured almost 35" in the waist, and 34" after the soak, and after a week of wear they are almost 36"!

The thigh has quite alot of room, as does the knee, culminating in a very aggressive taper to the hem. Overall they are a great jean, now I only wish I had gotten a 30 (seems im getting dumpy arse from the higher rise :( ).

Edit, I'm 194cm (6'4") and 80kg (175)

For someone with a bigger size considering these jeans, I bought these jeans (66 BSPBK) in size 36. I normally wear size 36 in all my denim. I agree with the others feedback about the top block. At the waist line it is loose but then tightens up. If they made a size 35 I'm sure I could easily wear those. These jeans have a a lot of taper. The leg opening is quite tight. I soaked mine for two hours and put them in the dryer on medium heat for 40 minutes. I was expecting more shrink. The inseam went from 37.5 to 36. I also have the IH 301's. For the money I prefer the IH's. The detailing on the RJB jean is not at the same level as the Iron Heart jean in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys, if im wearing sz 31 for nudie thin finn what sz should i get for 106BSP? any advice? thanks in advance.

You need a size 32 in the 106BSP, once you get them do a hot soak and they'll be perfect.

hi, im getting a 106BSP but planning to taper them from knee down.

anyone knows if it will affect the selvedge id?

im not too sure if taylors do it from the outside(selvedge id) or inside.:confused:

just get it tapered from the inside. (or send them to denim doctors).

I actually got my pair tapered from the knee down from the outside (by mistake). don't really care since I don't cuff those.

just get it tapered from the inside. (or send them to denim doctors).

I actually got my pair tapered from the knee down from the outside (by mistake). don't really care since I don't cuff those.

thanks alot. :)

so how much did u taper your 106BSP?

any fit pics? wanna see how they look like after being tapered. :D

thanks alot. :)

so how much did u taper your 106BSP?

any fit pics? wanna see how they look like after being tapered. :D

my tailor tapered them about 0.7" (laid flat)

here are some pictures from a previous fit picture

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

self edge. real japan blues. vans x w)taps.

I like them a lot more after the taper because now they fit like my fh f310's :)

my tailor tapered them about 0.7" (laid flat)

here are some pictures from a previous fit picture

I like them a lot more after the taper because now they fit like my fh f310's :)

very nice fit, thanks alot for the info. :D

btw i have another question, u taper them before or after the soak?

hey kiya,

couple questions.

I originally thought my tailor tapered my rjb's from the outseam..

I went to see him today to get some other stuff tailored and brought it up. he told me that he promises he didn't touch the outseam.

I go home and I inspect my jeans and find something odd (to me at least).

top of jeans

IMG_1025.jpg

close up of outseam near hip/upper thigh

IMG_1024.jpg

outseam near the hem (and how it looks all the way down the leg)

IMG_1026.jpg

same as above but from the outside

IMG_1027.jpg

it seems that the seams (haha) are closed up but the selvedge lining still remains.. I'm confused.

is this some sort of phenomenon? did the denim trolls come into my room at night and do this to mess with my head? will the tooth fairy come fix it for me? would it be a bad idea to take a knife to the thread that looks to be keeping the selvedge id closed?

thanks,

mrchariybrown

This is very normal. If that can make you feel better, i have that on all my selvedge jeans, none of them ever tailored, and I suspect your other jeans show this as well.

It might have to do with the pocket bags, but if you look at the top of the outseam, you'll notice that the back part of the leg is covering the front part. It's probably just a regular aspect of the construction of vintage jeans.

Edit: now that I reread your post, what I said only refers to the top part of the leg. Not sure what's happening to your hem...

yeah the selvedge is closed the whole way down and I don't know why.

I'm pretty sure that the selvedge ID was open when I got them. and my tailor says that the outseam wasn't touched at all.

think i will have to check my outseam when my rjb arrives.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's relatively early, but any news on an upcoming RJB line/project? I'd really like to check into the brand after I finish my current pair, probably by the end of the year. Any info is much appreciated.

I know it's relatively early, but any news on an upcoming RJB line/project? I'd really like to check into the brand after I finish my current pair, probably by the end of the year. Any info is much appreciated.

RJB is already an entire line full of jeans and shirts.. we carry 3 models of jeans and a load of shirts, but many of the shirts don't make it online.

yeah the selvedge is closed the whole way down and I don't know why.

I'm pretty sure that the selvedge ID was open when I got them. and my tailor says that the outseam wasn't touched at all.

your tailor isn't lying, and you're not crazy, you're just not communicating on the same level

you took your jeans to him to taper and told him to take in the inseam and taper the leg

if he did a proper felled inseam he would have to open up the outseam to sew the inseam properly

when he says that he didn't touch the outseam at all he means that he didn't adjust or alter it at all. it isn't literally true but for most intents and purposes tearing open a seam and then sewing it back up without changing it means the same as not touching it

most jeans are nonselvage and sewing the outseam together like yours are is the easiest way of keeping it from unravelling. your tailor is used to jeans being done this way and so he sewed your jeans the way he sews all jeans he alters without stopping to notice the selvage edges or think about the practical significance of them

so yeah, honest mistake on his part, and an obsession with details which few of his customers notice on your part

you might want to un stitch it if you want proper train tracks fades along the leg, but you'll need to tear open and re-sew the hems which is a minor hassle since i assume you're not able/willing to do minor sewing alterations like that yourself

i dunno, do what you want man

your tailor isn't lying, and you're not crazy, you're just not communicating on the same level

you took your jeans to him to taper and told him to take in the inseam and taper the leg

if he did a proper felled inseam he would have to open up the outseam to sew the inseam properly

when he says that he didn't touch the outseam at all he means that he didn't adjust or alter it at all. it isn't literally true but for most intents and purposes tearing open a seam and then sewing it back up without changing it means the same as not touching it

most jeans are nonselvage and sewing the outseam together like yours are is the easiest way of keeping it from unravelling. your tailor is used to jeans being done this way and so he sewed your jeans the way he sews all jeans he alters without stopping to notice the selvage edges or think about the practical significance of them

so yeah, honest mistake on his part, and an obsession with details which few of his customers notice on your part

you might want to un stitch it if you want proper train tracks fades along the leg, but you'll need to tear open and re-sew the hems which is a minor hassle since i assume you're not able/willing to do minor sewing alterations like that yourself

i dunno, do what you want man

good eye. my feeble mind would have never caught all of this. thanks!

I'll bring it back to my tailor and get it fixed asap.

• 2 weeks later...