Real Japan Blues - Jeans & Shirts...

kiya

any more fit pics of the 106? what's the knee measurement on a tagged size 34?

Measures 9.5" raw, i'd say about 9.1" after a hot soak.

oh so theres a slight flare? the leg opening is a 9 raw.

No...

If the knee is 9.5" and the leg opening is 9" (pre-soak), how is that a flare?

• 3 weeks later...

p1000253.jpg w383.png

p1000254.jpg w355.png

RJB 106bsp post hot soak. These things are great, although a little tight right now. After stretching they should be a perfect fit for me. Denim is crazy nice, soft yet still a bit stiff and tons of character. Had them hemmed to a 36.5 pre-soak at SE

Only complaint is the zipper fly will take some adjusting, already had an....."incident" with it when I put them on after the soak.... haha

As a tip, the zipper is a Gripper Zipper, it locks at the top if you press it towards yourself.

• 2 months later...
My 105bsp's came in today and they are awesome but they don't fit. They are pretty snug already so there's no way i can do a soak.

Exchange them for one size up..

My true waist is a little below 30 inches, unless you guys are gonna be getting a restock of 30's anytime soon, would I be safe buying the 29s? In the 106bsps*

You can definitely do the size 29, just do a 10 minute cold soak.

benz I have the 106 in w34. The waist measures 38" after a soak, a wash at 40 & some wear. They stretch out quite a lot & mine didn't shrink as much as I thought they would . Hope that helps,

I never measured the 33's and just did and they measure 33" raw. Do you know what's up with that? That's 2 inches off from your chart. That's why they don't fit lol. Do you know if all the 105bsp's in stock have this problem?

I have the 66BSPBK and the top block / waist did not shrink. I hot soaked them twice for an hour and put them in a hot dryer for over an hour with no shrinking.

I never measured the 33's and just did and they measure 33" raw. Do you know what's up with that? That's 2 inches off from your chart. That's why they don't fit lol. Do you know if all the 105bsp's in stock have this problem?

That has got to be impossible... Every single pair of indigo RJB jeans we've got measures ~2" above tagged size and shrinks pretty much exactly to the tagged size once hot soaked. Send it back to us with the exchange note and we'll measure it.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I had to use my phone. But they are good enough to see that they aren't 35". These are fully stretched too, like once I laid them flat I tugged on both ends a little to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. Maybe they made a mistake during production or something? And it's not even really 33". It's actually closer to 32.

09212009001.jpg

09212009002.jpg

^^^ Based on your picture, you are definitely measuring them incorrectly.

You have to first line up the front waistband with the back waistband by pulling up on the front part of where the shank is. Then you have to pull the sides of the jeans out to make sure you are getting a good stretch. Then you measure them. Guarantee you get at least an extra inch that way.

^^^ Based on your picture, you are definitely measuring them incorrectly.

You have to first line up the front waistband with the back waistband by pulling up on the front part of where the shank is. Then you have to pull the sides of the jeans out to make sure you are getting a good stretch. Then you measure them. Guarantee you get at least an extra inch that way.

Thanks I wasn't aware of that. I just remeasured them following what you said and I did get an inch, they now measure 33.5". But that is still 1.5" off from what they are supposed to be.

That has got to be impossible... Every single pair of indigo RJB jeans we've got measures ~2" above tagged size and shrinks pretty much exactly to the tagged size once hot soaked. Send it back to us with the exchange note and we'll measure it.

Kiya,

Is this the same story for the 66BSPBK ? My size 36 66BSPBK do not measure 36 in the waist. They are closer to 38.5. I've hot soaked them twice and wash them once. After the wash I put them in the dryer on high for over an hour hoping the waist would shrink. I've worn this pair of denim only a few times.

If you've washed them there isn't any way to exchange them.

I assumed that would be the case. I can still wear them. They are just really roomier in the waist. I was more curious if this was a normal situation for these black jeans or is my pair a one of a kind case? I bought the IH 9301's from you guys so I have another great pair of black denim to fall back on.