Workshirts

gimmegimme

Guest lewis@noverre

Kato workshirts are awesome as discussed on previous page. Here are some up close and personal shots of the organic fabrics.

200-kato-shirt.jpg

540-kato-shirt-2.jpg

540-kato-shirt-3.jpg

source: superdenim.co.uk

I love the IH stuff at SE, but I don't think I'd wear one of those shirts to a job site. Prison Blues makes cheap but reasonably good work shirts that one can actually wear for work.

Does anyone actually own that hickory stripe shirt? I'm curious if it's worth $30 even...

Prison Blues

Not to overly politicize this thread, but prison labor is essentially slave labor. When you make .50¢ an hour and have to buy your own toothpaste, you don't have much choice in matters.

Personally I think that shit like that is completely fucked, and it's a big part of why I'm willing to pay a premium for items that are made by small, artisan-manufacturers in countries with some kind of labor regulation.

/derail.

Does anyone know how the sugarcane work shirts fit? I'm thinking about picking up this one, but I have no idea how to size it.

http://historypreservation.com/hpassociates/images/pincheck_thumb.jpg

I really love that shirt...I went with a Buzz Rickson instead. From the measurements, it looks as though a SC/BR Medium is roughly an American Small. For reference take any other shirt you have and compare the measurements (you can probably find them on Hinoya).

Not to overly politicize this thread, but prison labor is essentially slave labor. When you make .50¢ an hour and have to buy your own toothpaste, you don't have much choice in matters.

Personally I think that shit like that is completely fucked, and it's a big part of why I'm willing to pay a premium for items that are made by small, artisan-manufacturers in countries with some kind of labor regulation.

/derail.

Not to derail the discussion further (I know cotton already kind of warned) but i believe the prison blues brand he was referring to was the one based in oregon that paid the "prevailing industry wage" to their inmate workers - around $7.80/hr as opposed to the $1/hr inmates in michigan get paid to make license plates.

The Big Mac® Long Sleeve Prewashed Chambray Shirt on the JC Penney website (look under workwear) is the classic style, 2 flap pocket work shirt priced at $24.99. Sure it's not going to be the same quality as some of the brands listed above. But has anyone any experience of this shirt? Is it cheap and nasty, or really good value?