Heavyweight Boots Championships 2013 - 2015

Megatron1505

louis and fre-co, drop me a PM if you definitely want in.

Richie, I have run out of hours in the day to administrate across so many forums, sorry but this comp stay between SuFu and the IH forum. If anyone really wants in, it is easy to register on either forum.

No, and neither is PaulT. Those a re the two guys whose opinion I would listen to on quality footwear over just about anyone else, but as the competition is totally dominated by American work boots, I did not think it would be their kind of thing, If I am wrong, and if they would be interested, I would be thrilled for them to judge :)

Would it be okay to enter with a high no lace biker boot with very close to 30 wears?

It would.

what's the difference between the white's BH and SD?

A Bounty Hunter is a Smoke Jumper built on an SD last.

Hey guys, Im out....

I 've been on the phone with bakers and also Whites for about an hour. They absolutely refuse to make my BHunters in horsehide. Not that they cant make it or that it is a cost issue but because they just dont "want" to. As an owner of seemi-dress and smoke jumpers I feel kinda betrayed. I dont think Ill be doing business with whites in the future if they refuse to help out an excellent repeat customer on an order that would cause them no money, extra labor or anything. There are 4-5 other companies that would be glad to help me out and im gonna go with them.

It breaks my hear, because i was really excited about this contest but fuck em if thats their customer service policy.

Good luck with the contest guys. Im talking to a Japanese retailer now who may be able to help me out. Will keep you guys updated.

Hey guys, Im out....

I 've been on the phone with bakers and also Whites for about an hour. They absolutely refuse to make my BHunters in horsehide. Not that they cant make it or that it is a cost issue but because they just dont "want" to. As an owner of seemi-dress and smoke jumpers I feel kinda betrayed. I dont think Ill be doing business with whites in the future if they refuse to help out an excellent repeat customer on an order that would cause them no money, extra labor or anything. There are 4-5 other companies that would be glad to help me out and im gonna go with them.

It breaks my hear, because i was really excited about this contest but fuck em if thats their customer service policy.

Good luck with the contest guys. Im talking to a Japanese retailer now who may be able to help me out. Will keep you guys updated.

you can get someone to do HH on BH? please share.

It looks like Kyle added quite a few options to the BH page...height options now go 6-7-8-9-10"...anyone going with a taller build?

I'm trying to decide between #8 CXL, and Natural CXL for leathers, and single or double midsole, also if I want a standard or lowered heel.(not sure how that would look with a dbl midsole) I will be going for the medallion toe cap,

The standard edge is double stitched, while the close trimmed edge is single row correct?

What are other people considering for their boot?

Prior to this contest I was considering a pair of Alden #8 shell cordovan, but I think I'll hold off on those, since this will be a great excuse to buy my first pair if White's.

you can get someone to do HH on BH? please share.

possibly, they order the whites then customize it. hh isnt a default option, but im trying.

Though with the exchange rate and japanese shipping ect. I might just go with the lofgrens ive been coveting or I know that Santalum will make their range in HH. See they havent got too big for their britches and will help their customers out.

possibly, they order the whites then customize it. hh isnt a default option, but im trying.

Though with the exchange rate and japanese shipping ect. I might just go with the lofgrens ive been coveting or I know that Santalum will make their range in HH. See they havent got too big for their britches and will help their customers out.

I'm not trying to knock you, I'm genuinely curious why you're so hostile toward White's/Baker's? They are offering a discount, as well as plenty of options, that until today weren't even listed on the site. I inquired about a HH BH build as well, and was told the same thing. As far as I understand it HH is an exclusive leather for Baker's to use on their Semi-Dress offering. I don't see them declining to make a special HH BH as being insulting, or "too big for their britches". I don't know what agreements they have with White's as far as materials go, but I don't see any reason to be offended by being told it isn't an option, and definitely not a reason to bash them in the contest thread they are helping to sponsor. Maybe if they agreed to build a pair in HH for other people, and then told you no it would be a different story.

^ This, exactly.

Kyle and Bakers have gone above and beyond the call to help me get this going. So they can't or won't use a leather you want? Is it really a reason to become insulting towards them, when you consider what they ARE doing rather that what they're not.

We don't know what agreements are in place with Whites, so anything said is pure speculation. In all my dealings with Kyle he has been nothing short of first rate, so I would doubt that they won't help you because they are "too big for their britches".

Will you be wearing one of your own Wakefield collab boots Hemi?

Black leather or yellow suede?

Yes Maynard. I'm still deciding on the materials... maybe burgundy, tan or natural coloured leather?

I'm not trying to knock you, I'm genuinely curious why you're so hostile toward White's/Baker's? They are offering a discount, as well as plenty of options, that until today weren't even listed on the site. I inquired about a HH BH build as well, and was told the same thing. As far as I understand it HH is an exclusive leather for Baker's to use on their Semi-Dress offering. I don't see them declining to make a special HH BH as being insulting, or "too big for their britches". I don't know what agreements they have with White's as far as materials go, but I don't see any reason to be offended by being told it isn't an option, and definitely not a reason to bash them in the contest thread they are helping to sponsor. Maybe if they agreed to build a pair in HH for other people, and then told you no it would be a different story.

You are completely trying to "knock" me.

There is absolutely NO hostility, I just won't be doing business with them in the future (whites, bakers has been excellent).

And I would appreciate it if you would stop suggesting I have some sort of problem with Bakers, they are a fantastic retailer.

I guess I'm spoiled by dealing with people like William Kroll from Tender, Taichi-san, and many others who will go above and beyond customer service wise because they realize that we give them a living and a roof over thier head. I DO know what agreement they have with bakers and you can ask kyle, he will explain it.

The fact I've spent close to a grand with them and the tone of the guy from Whites on the phone just rubbed me the wrong way. He explained to me that no, it would be absolutely no problem to build them with HH, just that they don't "want" to with a prick-ish, holyier-than-thou tone the whole time (while I'm all "yes sir and thank you ma'am)

If it wasnt for that guy I'd be ordering a CXL pair of Bhunters as we speak.

Also I never "bashed" them I simply stated exactly what happend (i did say "fuck em" but thats just how i talk, not meant as an insult). I think it's preety telling if stating exactactly what happend comes off as "bashing".

Again let me restate because I never said anything bad about Bakers but so far you and mega have both suggested I'm badmouthing them for some reason (seriously wtf); Bakers is excellent and one of my favorite retailers. The 2 times I have ordered from them they have been patient with my noob questions and overall fantastic.

You seem to be confused, Bakers is a separate entity from whites! If I say something about whites it has nothing to do with Bakers.

Edited by bbcapone