Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

I am sorry I have got here late to answer on the above promo event...

Although we rarely do public discount events, we do however, has got hidden promo on and off for our members and subscribers only.

So, if you do not want to miss out any good deals, please subscribe to our website for news and benefits.

(Don't worry, we only send you emails when necessary)

http://tuckshopsundrysupplies.com/

Scroll down to subscribe.

Thank you very much!

my RC finally starting to fade 93 days in.

RC%20R400SP%2093days-1.jpg

RC%20R400SP%2093days-2.jpg

RC%20R400SP%2093days-4.jpg

RC%20R400SP%2093days-5.jpg

RC%20R400SP%2093days-3.jpg

RC%20R400SP%2093days-6.jpg

since i wear them business-casual most day, i have not been too hard on them yet. enjoying them dark and fluffy for the time being. alas, that period in these jeans' history will soon come to an end. they are starting to crock more and more indigo. 

damage report. Cotton threads are wearing out in places. the heavy denim really does a number on all-cotton stitching. I can foresee quite a few stitching repair in the near future.

RC%20R400SP%2093days-7.jpg

RC%20R400SP%2093days-8.jpg

Most worrying now is the fly. As with all mid-century detailed jeans, there is no reinforced stitching at fly stitching, and the heavier fabric means a lot of force when i pull the fly open, of which a mere single-line stitch eventually gave way and broke. i should get them fixed soon but then i would likely have to soak/wash these before sending them to a tailor so i'm putting that off until maybe another month. Right now i just keep the lowest button on all the time to prevent more thread breakages. 

RC%20R400SP%2093days-9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just checking the measurements on the Tuckshop site and I'm wondering how they measure front rise. Specifically I'm looking at R424 which has stated front rise of 13". Seems very high, is that right?

Just checking the measurements on the Tuckshop site and I'm wondering how they measure front rise. Specifically I'm looking at R424 which has stated front rise of 13". Seems very high, is that right?

We measure in BiG style. The  jeans can shrink almost 1" which will bring the rise lower after soak.

• 1 month later...

The reason I bought my first pair of Red Clouds was precisely because of the quality of its materials and construction.

There's a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIuAe-6LmKk that shows pretty well the care that goes into making a pair of their jeans; the accuracy of the cutting and stitching, the high threadcounts, the measurements done by hand... it's certainly not the average made-in-China brand. The Turpan cotton they use is the same cotton as used by Fullcount for their Chinese-made models, and both this and the hemp were sourced personally by Red Cloud's owner in Xinjiang province (the source for this is somewhere earlier on in this thread).

I'd be hesitant to say that RC being a Chinese brand negates its value. In fact, the price is pretty reasonable for what's on offer. My R400H are made just as well as my Stevensons, Sugar Canes and Evisus, and they're cheaper than two of the three at retail (although Sugar Cane is ridiculously cheap on its own).

The reason I bought my first pair of Red Clouds was precisely because of the quality of its materials and construction.

There's a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIuAe-6LmKk that shows pretty well the care that goes into making a pair of their jeans; the accuracy of the cutting and stitching, the high threadcounts, the measurements done by hand... it's certainly not the average made-in-China brand. The Turpan cotton they use is the same cotton as used by Fullcount for their Chinese-made models, and both this and the hemp were sourced personally by Red Cloud's owner in Xinjiang province (the source for this is somewhere earlier on in this thread).

I'd be hesitant to say that RC being a Chinese brand negates its value. In fact, the price is pretty reasonable for what's on offer. My R400H are made just as well as my Stevensons, Sugar Canes and Evisus, and they're cheaper than two of the three at retail (although Sugar Cane is ridiculously cheap on its own).

I love my r400. Holds their own against anything ive ever handled. Unique denim too.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an announcement from Red Cloud which was sent out on via Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies's email newsletter.

As the Red Cloud International Division, we are tasked by Raymon (Red Cloud Owner) to bring this price reduction announcement to the English-speaking customers.

From the beginning of the year 2015, Raymon and us have been monitoring the exchange rate, particularly those currencies (USD, Chinese Yuan, Japanese Yen) that affect Red Cloud's operation, material cost and shipping charges.

Throughout this year, Chinese Yuan has been getting stronger most of the time and the difference is around 30% to 40%, which is quite huge compared to past few years of low exchange against USD and Japanese Yen. This means, importing Japanese and American hardwares and some materials for Red Cloud using Chinese Yuan is a lot more affordable.

We feel that this advantage should be the benefit for you!

As such, Raymon decided that this is the time to reduce the prices internationally.

We would like to apologize to those who have bought Red Cloud recently, please continue to love what you have purchased. We hope you will understand the decision is made for the better of future purchases which is still an advantage to you.

We sincerely hope that this price reduction can help you and your friends to own some great quality clothing in good prices.

Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies's effort to support those who have bought at higher price.

We understand the frustration of those who have bought Red Cloud items and have been supporting Red Cloud's products since the beginning.

For online purchases which happened since June 2015, we will give you a 10% discount for all Red Cloud items on the new prices.

Please send us an email, giving me you registered email address so that we can track your purchases to verify.

This offer only last one week (until 6th Nov).

Thank you