Denim Experiments

thelion1856

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
awe shit! this thread made me realize that those things are up there covered under snow and god only knows what else. Plus the shop closed back in Nov. I will try and sneak up there in the springtime gotta find a ladder to bring with me as well.

sooo did you get them back?

Nope, the building has changed so getting up the old way is out of the question ( they remodeled the back of the building) I have to come up with an alternate lan, but I'm thinking that they prob got thrown out because there were workers up on the roof fixing stuff... :(

I was just thinking about this the other day. I doubt they're still up there. If they are I'd be really curious to see what they're looking like. Probably pretty gross.

late night mission or something of the sorts??? we have to find out if there still up there! pm me about ninja suits...

People starched their jeans with liquid sugar, honey, glue... :

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=10433&page=3

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=10753&page=6

(those links come from sufu's encyclo)

Why not cumming on your jeans ? It should work work as it contains cellulose. And I'm pretty sure that you can find somebody on 4chan who will agree to go to a dinner with jeans covered with cum.

No it goes extreme.

You need Jesus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hope everyone is doing well and prospering. I had a look through old threads with denim experiments and they are all done and dusted so i thought it's time to start a new thread so I can have a place to chuck up denim experiments I'll be doing over the next however long. Hopefully other people are trying to do some crazy shit with their jeans just for the fuck of it and will share too.

I was in Israel recently to celebrate a sisters wedding and apart from attempting to hit on hot Israeli women (way unsuccessful), eat fatty felafels and try not to get blown up I decided to go for a dip in the 'Dead Sea' with my jeans on.

I've been wearing a pair of selvedge jeans for the last 5 months which are made using antique selvedge indigo from Kuroki in Japan and couldn't resist the opportunity of soaking them in this salty body of water to see what happens.

A bit of background to the dead sea first. It's a salt lake bordering Jordan and Israel + the West Bank. It's the lowest place on Earth and is also one of the saltiest bodies of water with a salinity of almost 40%. I'm pretty sure nothing lives in there but it's got this wicked mud that's good for your skin and if you try and swim in the water you float. Which is pretty cool in itself. Just don't get the water in your eyes cause it hurts. A lot.

What's an experiment without pictorial documentation. Here goes:

Entering the water slowly slowly

IMG_7945.jpg

Floating like a butterfly, my asshole stinging like a bee

IMG_7969.jpg

Two days later, the jeans have dried. They were completely stiff and unbendable and felt like wood. The salt crystallised and made interesting patterns on them. I tried putting them on but there was no way plus my skin started itching pretty bad. The jeans were so hard they could stand up by themselves.

IMG_8059.jpg

Some close up shots:

IMG_8084.jpg

IMG_8090.jpg

IMG_8093.jpg

Stiff as bro. No tricks here.

IMG_8069.jpg

I really wanted to keep wearing these without washing them but they were absolutely impossible to put on. So I waited a few more days and then rinsed them in warm water and kept licking them until the jeans tasted normal again.

IMG_1196.jpg

I then left them to dry overnight and in the morning they were good again with much more contrast and a different colour to before they went through the experiment. They also fit a lot better now (still way too big for my skinny ass though).

Here is a before shot:

IMG_1136.jpg

and after:

IMG_1317.jpg

I can post some pics which show the difference between when they were new, at 4 months and after the dead sea wash if there's interest.

I have more jeans to fuck around with too - so if there's any experiments you guys would like to see lemme know and I'll see what I can do. I'll also keep you posted in a couple of months when I put these ones through a proper wash OR I can screw them up even more if someone has a good enough idea.

Jem

I hope you weren't building any new settlements when you were in Israel. Hah.

Results are nice though. Maybe someone should try this action on the salt lake.

That is pretty damn cool.

Thanks for sharing.

OH by the way, post the evo pics!

Will get around to doing this this weekend for ya.

Does anyone know in a more scientific manner what the salt would have done to the denim? I really thought they'd fuck the jeans up hardcore but they turned out fine. Only a bit of corrosion on the buttons.

I just black shoe-polished a pair of old shorts. Gonna wear for a while and see what happens when they get washed next.

It needed some agitation to go with the salt. When pop was in the Navy, new dungarees got tied on a rope around the crotch and waist and dragged off the fantail. If they were going anything over five knots, it didn't take long to do the trick.