Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, will BiGs 710s have the tab and arcs? On their page, it doesn't have any pictures of the back of the jeans which is why I'm curious. If anybody has Gordon's email, I'd really appreciate being able to get into contact with him. Also, I am going to be in HK this Christmas, so I was wondering if maybe Take5's 710s would have the tab and arcs?

Nowhere in the US can sell any with arcs or tabs anymore, but ones outside of the US will still have them

Lastly, I just wanted to know about the sizing of these jeans (I'm sorry that this is probably the one millionth size question, but I've never dealt with these jeans and many of you have). I'm 6'0" and weigh 150 pounds with a true waist of 32". I want to wear these jeans a little lower on my body and it measures out to be around 33 to 33.5". I was thinking about getting something like a 31 to account for the fact that these shrink to about the tagged size but then stretch back out about an inch or two. Would these stretch out about two inches above tagged size? Or would that be a good size to get or would a 32 be better?

Thanks for all of your help

I believe Dino's or Edmonds.. cant quite remmeber, but only a few pages back if you search for 710xx, their pair stretched more than 2 inches i nthe waist! So you should be fine.

Hey everybody. I've read through almost the entire second half of this thread and I'm really interested in picking up a pair of Samurais. Right now I have my eyes on the S710XX. I like the slim cut and really want to try out a heavier denim. I just have a few questions that I know you guys can answer.

First off, will BiGs 710s have the tab and arcs? On their page, it doesn't have any pictures of the back of the jeans which is why I'm curious. If anybody has Gordon's email, I'd really appreciate being able to get into contact with him. Also, I am going to be in HK this Christmas, so I was wondering if maybe Take5's 710s would have the tab and arcs?

Lastly, I just wanted to know about the sizing of these jeans (I'm sorry that this is probably the one millionth size question, but I've never dealt with these jeans and many of you have). I'm 6'0" and weigh 150 pounds with a true waist of 32". I want to wear these jeans a little lower on my body and it measures out to be around 33 to 33.5". I was thinking about getting something like a 31 to account for the fact that these shrink to about the tagged size but then stretch back out about an inch or two. Would these stretch out about two inches above tagged size? Or would that be a good size to get or would a 32 be better?

Thanks for all of your help

yeah, a w31 will fit you exactly how you described wanting them to, i can almost guarentee (sp?) it

oh, and to hell with the this or that thread

im thinking about dropping some dough on the s7000, what do you all think

yeah do it dino where you getting your from? get the ones with tabs ayte? those are some badass jeans!

and to hell with the waywt thread...can people post fit pics in THIS HERE SAMURAI thread of their 710's? I found Dino's fits in the waywt page...but since so many people are buzzing about this model...plus BIG is doing the pre-orders...it would be cool to see the different 710 fits we have on here.

Maybe if you list your true waist and then the size you got (stayed true, sized down 1-2).

TOTALLY YEAH!

and to hell with the waywt thread...can people post fit pics in THIS HERE SAMURAI thread of their 710's? I found Dino's fits in the waywt page...but since so many people are buzzing about this model...plus BIG is doing the pre-orders...it would be cool to see the different 710 fits we have on here.

Maybe if you list your true waist and then the size you got (stayed true, sized down 1-2).

TOTALLY YEAH!

Sure ill do that. Jeans should be at my place in a week or so... via 2nd + haji(parachutes)

Thanks for all of your help guys.

Just one more thing; Dino, do you think that a 31 s710xx would fit like the way yours do? I think that the fit of those are amazing on you.

hah, thanks a lot, if you want them to fit more like mine do id get the w30. im saying this because i still have my pair in a w30 that i wore for some time before i gained a little weight, now im wearing w32's and the two fit me essentially the same just scaled bigger i guess if you know what im saying. basically, both those sizes fit me similarly with my respective weight both then and at the moment, and that is the fit of them sitting right at my hips, no sag at all. so if you want a little bit 31 with a belt for control would be perfect.

fuck, that took too many words. who was is that said "brevity is the soul of wit" or something like that?

yeah do it dino where you getting your from? get the ones with tabs ayte? those are some badass jeans!

ill use a proxy if i end up deciding on it, so yes, tab and arcs.

what do you think? stretchier VX denim, turn of the century/wide cut, no belt loops... two sizes down?

TOTALLY YEAH!

i posted fit pitures of my 710s in this here samurai thread like 5 pages back

oh, and to hell with the this or that thread

im thinking about dropping some dough on the s7000, what do you all think

the current pair im working on the the 1890 lvc, and i have to say that this cut looks so much better in a dense denim, 9 oz is just way too thin. so yeah go for it. the 'one eyed dragon' is dope as fuck

hey dino i think you go 2 sizes down for a bit of a slim fit these have a wider cut than those s510's you have so yeah im sure go 2 sizes down..

they better not look like they have a slim fit, im not wanting them to, but im pretty sure i know what youre saying. i just dont want them falling off my ass, so 1 or 2 down... im deciding...

the current pair im working on the the 1890 lvc, and i have to say that this cut looks so much better in a dense denim, 9 oz is just way too thin. so yeah go for it. the 'one eyed dragon' is dope as fuck

yeah, i dont think id go for something like them in much less, i was eyeing some duckdiggers for a while but 17oz sealed the deal

for me it was one of those moments i couldnt pass up. there was a pair of on ebay and i got em for about 100 so i couldnt pass it up but yeah, if i could go back i would have waited for these instead.

i posted fit pitures of my 710s in this here samurai thread like 5 pages back

Nah Dino, I MEANT to say that you were excluded from the "requested" fit posting since I saw your fits in the waywt thread...plus you know I quoted the recent fit pics on this page with a note of thanks.

EVERYONE ELSE...710 FIT PICS! (even you Edmond lol)

they are, dino sized it wrong. a 29 s5000 shrinks to ~30 but stretches to 31 easily. a 28 s5000bk shrinks to around a 29 and stretches nicely to a 30

My S5000VX W33 shrank to 32in in the waist (triple hot soak and hot wash). 1 inch below tagged. I'm expecting at least 2 inches stretch for a good relaxed fit with belt. Maybe it's just the BKs that don't shrink very well.

but the thing is that hes the owner of samurai.. he can get away with the tackiest of stuffs haah so unfair!!!

Only we and some other people really know he's the owner. He's just anyone else to some other person.

What does being an owner have to do with it boss?

thats how i see it if you dont agree with it well live with it hahaha again hes samurai's boss so watever.. let just not make this an issue this is just a forum remember?