Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

ya, I'm sizing down 1. My other pair of jeans are KMW 1980s at a size 30. They have to be worn at my hip, and they look great. But I wanted something a bit more relaxed that will be worn at my actual waist. Honestly, my waist is a 28, but my hips are proportionally really wide at 32, so I just count 29 as my natural waist. Really bad pictures of my 1980 fit is in that I'm in love with mule thread.

Edit: It wouldn't be farfetched to expect them to stretch to a 30 in the waist would it? Because I think that would make them most comfortable?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think you'll be totally fine on sizing, and really really happy with the jeans. I have a pair that I wear non stop, but just thought you should know they're def not high rise...not that they are really really low either. They're not like a girl's rise jean, but they are designed to be low rise.

Any idea how they would fit compared to the slim straight KMW 1980s? What I'm looking for in these jeans is something of a more relaxed fit, regardless of the rise.

Edit: I think I'm getting what I want. the upper thigh on my 1980s which are awesomely slim, but not skin skin tight are just under 10 inches flat. The guy hotsoaked the 5000 i'm buying already, and has the thigh measured at 11, so ya.... Anyhow, I'm really excited to get them.

^ Havn't got a clue about KMW i'm afraid. They're straight, not tapered but not baggy, just kinda slim I guess. If you want a comparisson, measure your KMW's, and then compare to this:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=28&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Remeber that those measurements are RAW, so take into account some shrink, but that should give you an idea of a comparrison.

Fit pics of 5000:

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/c...mg12567799.jpg

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/c...mg12567801.jpg

just got my S0500XXs from parachutes and wow.

these are the stiffest, slubbiest, longest pair of jeans i have ever felt.

they are so stiff its hard to walk lol.

sooo slubby.

and i really need to get them hemmed cause my real inseam is probably a 31 (im about 5'5) and 36 inseam is looong. it will be some crazy ass stacking though!.

ill post pics later.

Sizing down one on my S5000 gave me a perfect fit. These are very snug jeans, but when they stretch a bit, man, they'll look great on me. My denim collection is now 2 jeans strong.

edit: The texture on these jeans is so much different than my KMWs. It's crazy. Two different worlds, those two jeans.

If you take them to someone who knows what they're doing, you really don't have to worry about hemming, especially if they chain-stitch - then they're the same, just shorter. But as long as you're happy, wear them how you like.

great advice ill give you plue rep..

Got my sammies in a couple days ago! I love em but I'm still trying to decide wether or not to get them hemmed. Unfortunately I have no idea if anyone in the tri-state MD/VA/MD area does chain-stitching. Suggestions Suggestions!

523446563_c903c3a9aa.jpg

523446569_848344392f.jpg

523446559_b9fd3453e3.jpg

Don´t get them hemmed...

Wait a least 2 washes - so like 2 months...

They´ll keep shrinking..

Bear with me, I haven't dealt with un-sanforized denim before.

Let's say if u do a chain-stich hem before washing. Then, soak/wash it...wouldn't the post-wash/soak shrinkage give u the "rope" effect at the hem? Because I plan to get my pair hemmed in Japan 1st, then soak it later to start off with a rope effect right away... I thought this "plan" was fool-proof:cool:

make sure you get them hemmed the right way - like 2 inches longer than your regular length...

This way you avoid them being to short after the first soak..

Don´t know excaxtly about the rope effect this way...

Bear with me, I haven't dealt with un-sanforized denim before.

Let's say if u do a chain-stich hem before washing. Then, soak/wash it...wouldn't the post-wash/soak shrinkage give u the "rope" effect at the hem? Because I plan to get my pair hemmed in Japan 1st, then soak it later to start off with a rope effect right away... I thought this "plan" was fool-proof:cool:

If you wash/soak first, then chain-stitch the hem, the rope effect will start to appear again after a few washes. The more you wash them over time, the more your hem will rope. This has worked out fine for me on my Warehouse 1001xx, Sammy S5000vx S0500xx and LVC 47's.