Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

^^ check the samurai contest thread. people in there have washed their pairs at different time intervals so you can see the different effects. beatle washes hers pretty regularly and has one of the nicest fades, IMO.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wash when they're dirty.

If you wait too long, the fabric will weaken and you'll develop breaks.

Too often, and you won't get defined and contrasted fades, assuming that's what you're going for.

As for what exactly "too often" means, that really depends on your lifestyle. Cheep gets away with frequent washes because he's active. Some guy like a year ago on here had a pair of Diors he washed pretty obsessively and they looked bad.

thanks everyone, didnt know about this info, i always thought that waitin long between washes creates more contrast. i personally dont feel the need to wash my jeans often (they just arent dirty enough), but now im wearing japanese denim i better start doing it

thanks everyone, didnt know about this info, i always thought that waitin long between washes creates more contrast. i personally dont feel the need to wash my jeans often (they just arent dirty enough), but now im wearing japanese denim i better start doing it

You need to wash your jeans when theyre dirty. You could also wash your jeans whenever you want. :)

To all of the machine washers, do you wash your jeans inside-out? I guess the friction would still effect the denim.

Yeah, Id imagine that turning your jeans inside out will help prevent too much indigo loss from being thrown around. As opposed to just tossing it in there.

neonecko.... what size are those? also, how tall are you?

nice pickup and fit btw

Thanks :) , those are 27x36. I normally wear 28 waist but I was given the thumbs up to size down one. Length on all of these are going to be 36. I haven't measured my height in a while but I'm around 5'7.

534802412_5275d7db86.jpg

I just got in a pair of S0710xx 19oz in 29. They're un-soaked and measure 30 in the waist, and already the waist and crotch are pretty tight. Does this mean they won't fit once they've shrunk or will they strech back out quickly? I'd like to stretch them to a 30.5 or so in the waist after soaking but I'm wondering if that's possible.

yes it is possible after soaking them .. put a wood or something on the waist while they dry up.. adjust it to your liking.. the tighter the wood on the waist the more strtch youll get... thats what i did..

I just got in a pair of S0710xx 19oz in 29. They're un-soaked and measure 30 in the waist, and already the waist and crotch are pretty tight. Does this mean they won't fit once they've shrunk or will they strech back out quickly? I'd like to stretch them to a 30.5 or so in the waist after soaking but I'm wondering if that's possible.

you'll be fine. samurais stretch a good amount

your enviroment doesnt really go well with your username eh.. with the golf clubs and all.

anways, nice pair of jeans i like the stacking.

He uses them as torture tools. Hey thuglife - from a fellow 34+ waist: nice fit. Are those soaked yet?