Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Picked these up from BIG while in NY last week. I'm a 34 in SC, 32 in V5000. 32 in these were way too tight on me in raw, so I went for 33. All pics are pre soak-is there a reason that all the LHT that i've seen doesn't seem as slubby as RHT?

xj1.jpg

xj2.jpg

xj3.jpg

xj4.jpg

xj5.jpg

xj6.jpg

If they were way too tight raw in 32... the 33 will likely be as tight or tighter after a wash

hmm...not in my experience...tried on the 34 in one wash and they fitted fine-even a bit loose...but they hadn't had any wear/stretching having just sat in the shop.

Guest Chocodove2

^^^^

Agreed. I fell in love with them when I tried them on at BiG, but dammit I couldn't button the 28. Love the little details on them.

Picked these up from BIG while in NY last week. I'm a 34 in SC, 32 in V5000. 32 in these were way too tight on me in raw, so I went for 33. All pics are pre soak-is there a reason that all the LHT that i've seen doesn't seem as slubby as RHT?

xj1.jpg

Jesus soak and pics already, I want to see how these back pockets look.

Debating what I want to buy when the tax return comes, 5000BK if I can find my size, Lee Repro or wait on some 21 oz. I wanted to maybe get something other then Samurai but I really want those bks.

I wouldn't mind getting a pair of those as well except the back pockets are too far apart. Makes everyone who wears them look like they have wide ass.

seriously, i love everything about the samurai lee repros except those fucking pockets, theyre the only thing that keeps me from getting a pair, ive even thought of getting some, cutting off the back pockets and resewing them on in a decent place since theres no rear rivots. the pockets on all samurais piss me off, the 710s i have pockets arent too much better, so damn sideways

Watchman how did you size? I sized down one (fit pics later), and although they were really tight on the waist raw, in like 10 mins wear they had stretched so big I could fit my hand in the waist. I think maybe I should of sized down 2.:eek: to a 32, which I could hardly do up pre soak. In short mine are now at least a size BIGGER in the waist post soak than pre soak!

well for reference these are a 30, and fit perfectly after a hot wash to shrink them up. My eternals are a 32, but the general consensus seems to be that they run about a size or two small, and they area little loose. I would say go with the smallest size you can button if you have the opportunity to try them on, although i haven't notice the amount of stretching you have. Did you wear them while they were wet?

Not really-i guess damp, but i'm really pissed as these were really tight at the waist when raw, and are now loose enough for me to pull them off done up! Did you hot wash to shrink? I only soaked...maybe I need to hot wash as this is stupid-my 5000s are tighter after 2 months wear! :(

I would give them a nice hot wash to get all the shrinkage out of the way, and then let them dry completely before you wear them. If you wear a belt it will also decrease stretching.

Right...these went through a 3hr hot soak, and now, after advice from watchman, i've washed them in the machine (no spin/no detergent). Not sure how I feel about the fit yet...I love them but I don't trust that they won't stretch too baggy. I sized down 1 from my actual...

3ebc1f0c.jpg

b3a70ac2.jpg

ac3970e3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chocodove2

Can anyone that owns any Samurai shirts comment on their sizing? Thinking about picking a few up but I'm worried about length. I'm kind tall (6'2).