Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

So I just had the chance to try on my Jin's again...and I have to struggle a little bit to button up the top button. Is this going to be an issue for hot soaking them (for the first time)? Should I size up to 34" waist? They are pretty roomy everywhere else...but not real baggy and I don't want thigh-lockers, nut-crunchers, butt-exposers or wahtever else I can name a tight pair of jeans lol.

I thoroughly appreciate all of the feedback you guys have been throwing me...

If I have trouble buttoning before the hot soak I will size up. My rule of thumb is that I like pre-soak to be just a little bit loose. You will panic post soak then they will stretch to the right size.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I have trouble buttoning before the hot soak I will size up. My rule of thumb is that I like pre-soak to be just a little bit loose. You will panic post soak then they will stretch to the right size.

Good looks on the info...down to BIG I run tomorrow...

Give 'em a good hour and a half in the bathtub with hot water...but should I wear them to dry to be sure that the waist doesn't shrink all crazy on me? Or just give the waist and inseam a good tug to stretch, then hang em up to air dry?

Mind you...I'm usually a 32 for a nice not-too-tight fit in APC Rescues. The Jin's I have are 33 but because of the higher waist, I have to pull 'em ALL THE WAY up to do the top button...but then my balls get scared (I rock my denim with some saggage...out of respect for my "stuff" lol).

Contest jeans, but posting here b/c i'm not in the contest. I got them yesterday after placing the order on Thursday. USPS delivered them on a Sunday, sent from Japan using EMS, i decided to try and order direct from the source instead of using a proxy. Came with tag and arcs intact. :)

After reading the denim Experiment and the contest pic threads, and with some advice from emaze, i decided to get my true size. Soaked them twice, mainly b/c i wore them until dry the first time and the knees got really stretched out so i wanted to shrink them back.

measurements to help others, on a size 30

pre-soak

waist - 15

thigh - 12 3/8

hem - 8

inseam - 38

post-first-soak

waist - 15

thigh - 11 1/2

hem - 8

inseam - 36

post-2nd-wash

waist - 15

thigh - 11

hem - 8

inseam - 35

hope that helps people

they need hemming before i bother posting fit pics :(

but here's the money shot

img0450rr3.jpg

are there any model that used the same technology ( maximum fading) as they used in S0500XX ? i never had taper leg jeans before.

I'm sure there will be, the S0500XX are the first but they are only a few months old.

guys im in dire need of a size 34 waist sammies s710xx 19 oz can anyone help me hook up a pair?please help me im so desperate!!!!!( jap model please red tab intact and arcuates intact please..) no export models please

Has anyone got pictures of how 510xx fits like. Its Samurais most popular model. There plenty of pics on how they fade on the net, but i cant seem to find any pictures of people wearing them.

Size 32, pictures taken the morning after they dried from their initial soak. The knees and hips have settled down now that the denim has softened a bit.

Sammy_2B029362.jpg Sammy_2B0305f3.jpg Sammy_2B033752.jpg

keep in mind that mine are 2 sizes too big!

usually i wear 33-34 and this is 36

i made them slimmer and now they look like this

343923357_f12bd1fc77.jpg

the denim is really nice...little teaser:

344575564_c4c23056b3.jpg

I'm about to do the same with those and my Jin's...size up x 2. The fit looks sick to me...my style of loose, but not baggy. 2 questions...

-How did you go about drying them? Did you wear 'em for a little post-soak, or just slid the good ole hanger into the waist?

-How are they coming along in terms of stretch? Do they fit much baggier after a few weeks/months of wear?

Hmmm...they got some 35's at BIG...maybe I should go for those since I rock 32-33 (34 sometimes if the fit is a little slimmer).

For my Jin's...

After a good hour and a half hot soak...should I wear them to dry to be sure that the waist doesn't shrink all crazy on me? Or just give the waist and inseam a good tug to stretch, then hang em up to air dry (probably will include the hanger in the waist)?

Just to show that they don't always fit loosely, S510xx 19oz.II. Size 36.

Post soak:

28f29a79.jpg

50a3fbe2-1.jpg

I wore them wet for a bit, then let them hang dry. I jammed a piece of vacuum extension in the waist to prevent shrinkage. They've loosened up a lot, all the way back to the original 38 inch waist.

7ef7ed95.jpg

For my Jin's...

After a good hour and a half hot soak...should I wear them to dry to be sure that the waist doesn't shrink all crazy on me? Or just give the waist and inseam a good tug to stretch, then hang em up to air dry (probably will include the hanger in the waist)?

i just tried to wear my so500xx to dry, to make sure the waist didn't shrink. the waist didn't shrink any more, but the knees got all stretched out to the point where i had to do another soak to shrink them back. instead of wearing them dry, i'd try to stick something inside the waist to prevent it from shrinking anymore, like a hanger or a piece of wood the length you need.

i just tried to wear my so500xx to dry, to make sure the waist didn't shrink. the waist didn't shrink any more, but the knees got all stretched out to the point where i had to do another soak to shrink them back. instead of wearing them dry, i'd try to stick something inside the waist to prevent it from shrinking anymore, like a hanger or a piece of wood the length you need.

I usually wear mine during the soak. That works pretty well. :)

heBay: ähm don't know if you read that i made them slimmer...?!

mine are soaked once in really hot water and were washed once..imo samurai denim stretches a lot so be careful!

I definitely did know you made them slimmer...but not TOO slim from what the pics show. Did they stretch back out to original fit eventually (or even more than when you bought them)? I ask cause my size 34 Jin's are a bit too baggy, on purpose due to the shrinkage they'll undergo in the pre-wear hot soak. I just don't want them to go baggier than the original store bought fit.