Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Watchman how did you size? I sized down one (fit pics later), and although they were really tight on the waist raw, in like 10 mins wear they had stretched so big I could fit my hand in the waist. I think maybe I should of sized down 2.:eek: to a 32, which I could hardly do up pre soak. In short mine are now at least a size BIGGER in the waist post soak than pre soak!

Sammy is shink-to-size. So don't worry it will shink to the tab size after a hot soak and drying in a drier. It will become loose again but that makes you wash it to get some shinkage. Then the fit will be prefect again.

edit: you gonna wash them anyway. are you?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldnt afford the contest sammies before, but now im fiending for a pair

do the pairs of the samurai S0510XX have the backpocket stitching/arcutates/red-tab intact on japanese models

i know people care about the arcs and red tab and such, but at 6 months, i have half of 1 arc left and the red tab is curled like shrinkage, so it kind of really doesn't matter about that stuff, esp. for samurais.

i know people care about the arcs and red tab and such, but at 6 months, i have half of 1 arc left and the red tab is curled like shrinkage, so it kind of really doesn't matter about that stuff, esp. for samurais.

yeah i understand that, so its not a huge concern.. i just think they look kinda naked without them heh and i love the way they look when part of the stitching is missing

i just wanted to know if shops in japan have just kept them intact

yeah i understand that, so its not a huge concern.. i just think they look kinda naked without them heh and i love the way they look when part of the stitching is missing

i just wanted to know if shops in japan have just kept them intact

i think yeah of course they do keep those intack at the stores that sells them in japan.. its just that in the states when they ship it there the levi's issue is the main concern..

i havent had any arcs for months on mine, and the red tab is hiding like a dick after an 8 ball.

hey dino its on ahahah but your are way starting to fade better than mine.. i think im baby-ing these too much..

i havent even been doing too much in them other than the normal wear and tear from walking and sitting, havent had a mean skate session in a while, since before i started breaking these in. theyre fading surprisingly easily i think. and the thighs especially are soo soft now, like a thick felt or beefy flannel type feel, im liking them more each day, just started to notice some vertical falling today too :cool:

yeah they have that velvety a little bit rough feeling because of he slubby denim and its really become soft dont know why.. have you wahsed them?

ohh we have a different issue i need my but thigh to strech out a bit hahaha kindda tight while my waist is kindda loose by an inch.

oh word up, my knees are fine, i never mind knee buldge really, i dont think i really pay it any attention, i only sized down one from my true waist though like my other pairs, couldve gone down another if i wanted, i like how they fit as they are though

cool thats cool.. errr if i wash these on really cold water with a little bit of soap are they gonna shrink? dont know the characteristics on these 19 onzers..

from my experience with my soaks they shrink down pretty easily and stretch out pretty easily, its cold water, but its still water, theyd shrink some, you could always put them on damp though, theyd no doubt be fine once dry, you might have no legs left though..

ohhh hahah its ayte didnt hermmed these.. ill try to soak them with a little thunder soap.. err one more thing did you scrub them when you like soak them? to get rid of some dirt?

no scrubbing at all, and if you were asking about the inseam shrinking then i misunderstood, i wouldnt worry about the length shrinking too much, if any, especially since youre thinking of a cold soak, after both my hot soaks the inseam is still around 36, maybe 37 almost. i put em in, threw in some weights, and let sit. my tubs fucked up though so i have to check every hour or two and fill it back up since apparently it leaks, but hardly any agitation if any

*edit- and nah, i didnt need to get any dirt out, theyre pretty clean

hahahaha mine's a bit dirty i mean from all the sweat and grime and dust+sweat.. anyways..ill try a cold soak with a little bit of thunder soap.. will post pics soon thanks bud!

Quick question, should I size up or size down on the 5000vx? I'm a size 29 and there's a 28 and 30 available for purchase.
do the 28. They stretch, and sizing down 1 or 2 seems to be the way to go, usually just 1.

yeah id go with the 28 too, i sized down on mine 1 from my natural waist like my other jeans, i could have gone down another though and still worn them, i think i remember cheep saying something similar a long time ago with his sams, could be mistaken though

yeah id go with the 28 too, i sized down on mine 1 from my natural waist like my other jeans, i could have gone down another though and still worn them, i think i remember cheep saying something similar a long time ago with his sams, could be mistaken though

I originally sized down 2 and I could still wear em, but the crotch would have blow out daily. I traded for a sized down 1 pair, and they fit PERFECT. Sizing down 2 is doable and some people like it, but 1 down seems to be the dill