Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just washed my SO500xx in the washign machine on warm and hung dry to get the shrinking out of the way and now they are way tighter in the legs than I was hoping for (I bought my normal waist size). They look great from the front but from the side they are just too tight. How much stretch can I expect from these jeans? (specifically in thigh tightness)

Can anyone answer this question about shrinkage?

What is the difference between the first soak and first wash? The Samauri site says the inseam will shrink from 96 to 89-91 cm at the first wash. Do they mean first soak? If not how much do they shrink on the first soak and how much more after the first wash or two?

Thanks,

PS Yes I did use the search button and was unable to find an answer to this. If you feel compeled to rag me for not searching then by all means do so if you can point to a post that tells (in inches or cm) the difference in inseam shrinkage between the first soak and first wash.

1st day to wear my samurai s710xx 19oz.. today after a hot soak( i took a ho shower in them) dont know if this counts as a soak.. anyways after a day of hard wear ( i do construction .. site, supervising ect. ect..) i can already see some honeycombs and whiskers and these guys stretch out really fast.. dont know why.. just after a day of wear the waist stretched out like 1/4 inches and wears inside the thighs (crotch area ) are already visible.. do samurais fade and worn in this fast? thanks guys just wondering..

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post here, I just wanted to say hello.....

I just came back from Japan where I got myself some samurai So500xx and some Sugarcane okinawas. Soaked the samurais and have been wearing them since. I must say they are seriously nice. The colour is fantastic and the denim feels so good. They don't seem to have bled as mush as some others.

I used the forum here to read some advice on shrinkage, stretch and soaking etc so I could get the perfect fit for me. So cheers to all the peeps who drop good knowledge here!

My denim history goes back to type 1 and 2 evisu from Japan in 1998 or so, then LVC 1944's both the UK and JP ones and some Edwin Nashville but these samurais and sugarcanes are a different breed entirely!

Next on the list for me is some full count I think........

Guest jeffvyain

fre$co, welcome to the club. that's a great purchase. and there's always time for more--don't fret too much.

side note: damn i love when super-newbs make a decent first post. the future really isn't that bad when it comes to welcoming people. you just gotta not act like a douchebag, and you're in.

Cheers Jeff.

I have lurked around here for a while but I've just been reading the knowledge and deciding what to buy. It was the samurai comp thread that swung me in the end seeing how some of those have worn and faded.....

I checked out a lot of different denim while I was in tokyo, really liked the warehouse and full count stuff, I visited PBJ in harajuku and those things are crazy slubby! But I really liked the idea of the sugarcanes with all the great detailing so I went for those as my second purchase.

Next time I go to japan (hopefully next year) I'll be looking to get some more. I'm planning to visit Okinawa too, so maybe I can see where the sugarcanes come from...

size down 1. when i was a 34, i bought a pair of the 19oz. s510's in size 32 which i could fit in but it was uncomfortably too tight, so i returned them. i felt like the heavier denim isnt as easy to stretch. they measure a few inches bigger than tag size when raw, but supposed to shrink to tag size after multiple washes, so i think its safe to size down 1 for a good fit.

Hey just got my sammies, gave them a 30 min warm soak and a 30 min cold soak.

Was worried id shrink them too much, as i wanted a relaxed fit, and could always soak again, however they are long... do they look ridiculous stacked this much?

longjeansuz3.jpg