• LHT 710
    • LHT SD-103
    • Sugarcane '47 Type II 50/50 blend
    • No more contests please!

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i gotta be honest - i think the regular jin LHT denim (17oz?) looks better/more unique than that LHT texas cotton.

I agree completely. The regular 17oz Jin denim is so unique already. I think we should stick with it. Though a 15oz Texas Cotton LHT denim sounds really cool. I wonder if it feels as heavy and soft as the 17oz Jin denim?

everyones seen how texas cotton has faded. there arent a lot of jin fades out there. i know this is LHT texas cotton, but still i think the jin denim is what would make this contest unique

I don't think it was ever determined that it had to be texas cotton. I'd rather the heavier 17oz over the 15oz but honestly i'm down for whatever. Just wanna get this moving.

Yeah, I suppose that the argument is valid also because it would probably be far easier to get hold of the jin denim than the special edition 15oz texas cotton LHT. But, I think it would be better to use a denim that is not readily available to us. Also, most of us have seen how 17oz LHT jin denim fades, so I think we should just chose the denim which we find most appealing in general. But, by choosing texas cotton denim and the 0500 cut, we have to decide whether this jean going to be too similar to the old samurai contest jean and the 0500 model that so many people own and have worn. Although 15oz LHT texas cotton with the right details would be my preference, maybe sticking with the regular jin denim is the best choice. Vote/poll maybe?

^this is definitely not a BK contest.

I owned those S526XXIIs for a little bit about a year ago. Having seen the Jins in person as well, the Texas cotton doesn't even compare to the Jin Denim imo. The S526 might be slubbier, but even in it's raw state you can see the lht in the jins, can't say the same for the S526's.

save your smart opionions and choice for later guys -when the possible options actually comes out... and it's just not possible to please everyone, and learn to compromise... when one door closes on you, more will open.

Jin's would be rad for a contest I'm down... don't really give a shit about the small details. I already have a pair of LHT Sam's and they speak for themselves with comfort and wear, so I'd def be down for another pair!

smart opinions? thanks But isn't that the point; to have a say in which options are offered?

What aho showed was just a sample of the possible options.... what if suddenly we had 10 button choices and 10 backpocket choices? which is why you should save your opinions for later :)

Alright guys, here's the latest from our man Gordon:

"Happy new year. It has been busy here so apologies for the late reply. Basically what Samurai has suggested is that we use the S0110XJ denim in a cut not used with this denim before, in this case it looks like the S0500XX, and giving the option of using the details and trimmings that I’ve emailed to you previously. We should be able to do an original patch but it requires making a stamping plate which they usually charge a minimum for but will depend on number of jeans produced. Once you have the details decided upon then you can begin to gather support from contestants. I would recommend going with the details used most commonly on their jeans to insure the best price as more details will add to the price and production time.

Regards,

Gordon"

Soooooo, 500 cut and 17oz. LHT is settled!!!! It doesn't seem like Gordon is going to compose any more detail pictures, so I'll try to sort out some of the options that Samurai has done in the past and will compile it all in a new thread in which we will all vote. The new thread will be up sometime tonight (think AM...). As far as the options, it seems what Gordon has already supplied us with would be the cheapest and easiest to choose from so I won't fall too far from the tree if you know what I mean...

Yeah, I was at Blue in Green today... Gordon seems really interested in making this thing a success. He said, as aho stated, that samurai can and will be able to a jin denim 0500 cut jean. He also said that we should definitely keep price in our minds when thinking about details and such. Anyway, aho, nice job getting this thing up to here!

We should take a poll on how much people want to spend on this b4 we even vote on details. I think if we get a consensus on how much people want to spend it will save us a lot of work, and we will know what details we can afford.

Conversely, I'm not sure how many people would actually be in before seeing all the details? And oh damn, did I say I'd get this done tonight? Need to catch up on some gaki no tsukai and then sleep LOL but I'll try my best...

EDIT: The new poll thread is up...we won't be able to vote though until one of the mods helps set up the poll for more than 10 options

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=184424

• 5 weeks later...