184 members have voted

1. 1. What Cut?

• LHT S0500
    • LHT 710
    • LHT SD-103
    • Sugarcane '47 Type II 50/50 blend
    • No more contests please!

UPDATE

Having discussed with the venerable Cotton Duck, when I receive the rest of the options from Gordon I will create a new thread and this one will be locked up. As we cannot have multiple polls in one thread, I will have to create a poll with all the options and multiple votes allowed...However you will not be able to vote more than once on an individual item as we will not have blind voting and we will all see you cheat if you try! ;)

It should just be a few more days now but we'll get this thing going soon...I'm thinking a week to a week and a half should be enough time for keeping the polls open during the holiday season but I'll decide that later on. Sound good?

pi$tol, Gordon said it'd be better if we just stuck with the options given, but I for one would like to try to mix and match if at all possible. I'll ask again once we choose the actual pocket...

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my ideal pair:

>0500 cut (it's just a classic cut - only slim if you make it so)

>casper's wranger style back pockets w/ black arcs, but hidden rivets.

>15-17oz denim. any heavier gets too hot in summer. texas cotton LHT sounds REAL nice.

>levi's style front/coin pockets (don't like the wrangler/lee sloping front pockets or coin pocket up near the waistband)

>an EMBOSSED patch with a unique leather - CORDOVAN?! (this may be a stretch)

the big question on my mind is: can we do a felled outseam and selvage inseam? do we want a felled outseam? looks pretty awesome on caspers pair...

^ posted this a while back. wrangler pockets look best to me, but we need some hidden rivets on those. also think yellow contrast stitched arcs would look great. #3 pockets would be 2nd choice for me. i made a note somewhere that the pockets should be centered a bit, so i definitely agree with everyone's remarks on that.

nobody wants to talk about felled outseam vs selvage outseam? i guess i don't care too much - just thought the felled outseam looked pretty cool on casper's pair.

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone...what with the holidays a buzzing and everyone busy, I figured I'd cool it down for a while but I'll get back to Gordon today and ask him whats up so hopefully we'll be back up and running with the new thread sometime this week. In the mean time, Happy New Year and a toast to you all

Why don't we just do all the exact details of a normal Samurai s500xx (Gull arcs, copper colored buttons, same cut etc) but do it in the 17oz Left Hand Twill Jin denim?

The Gull arcs are beautiful and they stand out. I think all the details of the s500xx would not only be striking on the Jin denim but also help to keep the cost down.

My two cents.

Bah, that's dumb. Arc stitching (color & shape), normal hardware, patch screening etc do not really contribute much to cost. What would cost a lot is if they needed to make a new pattern for a new cut, unique denim (e.g. 36oz, lht from neptune cotton), titanium rivets and gold plated buttons.

My vote is for some slightly customized details on a standard cut. Like Jin arcs and the wrangler style pocket with cool buttons and rivets

^undcvrsm, what you outlined (500 cut with all those 526 details) is EXACTLY what I've been wanting all along...dammit do we even need to vote?? ;););) lol but no, seriously, it is so clear in my mind right now that I'm ready to pay ASAP...let's just get this thing going already!