• LHT 710
    • LHT SD-103
    • Sugarcane '47 Type II 50/50 blend
    • No more contests please!

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The concept is to have fun wearing a custom pair of jeans. Everyone goes a year and updates with their progress. End of the year someone a winner is announced and it's over and done with. No real rhyme or reason just a cool thing to be part of, we are all on this forum for the same reason so why not do something cool and see how things turn out. Probably not a good explination but that's fine

Any pocket besides 4. Rivets 2. And all the buttons are cool really besides the plain Jane samurai one. Pocket 3 with yellow stitching would be awesome. Anything besides black stitching I think will look cool. And I'm still in for hidden Jin arcs.

People... two things have already been decided upon, cut (0500) and denim (17oz LHT), so its better to leave those as is in my opinion.

Pockets: #4 (keep the 0500 levi's style stitching and pocketing as is, but just change arc and details)

Buttons: #2

Rivets: #1

Cinchback: Yup, works well with the concept, and can easily be removed.

Edit: Aho, thanks for going all out on this!

I know you're all getting restless so here's a little preview of some of our option while I wait on the other photos from Gordon. Unfortunately, it seems (for cost and so things don't get too complicated/endlessly debated over) we are better off just choosing one pocket style and arc design instead of mixing and matching (ex: black jin arcs on levis style pocket, etc.) according to Gordon. I agree with this and hope you all don't mind. Being able to customize is one thing, but the goal is to get these jeans ASAP without having to sort through the endless options we have....If this means simplifying things so that we can save on time and cost, I'm all for it!

Our options for buttons

samurai_buttons.jpg

aren't one and three the same? as well as 2 and 6?

if we pick wrangler style pockets can we customize that leather? same thing with the little patch on the lee pocket. ??

can we have the top button different from the rest? I really like the wrangler style buttons for the lower ones and something fancier for the top button.

and if we are making these custom why not go all the way. If we are talking ten dollar difference to get full customization, (like the levi pocket with lee arcs or anything similar) then i'm down to pay. we are already paying a premium, why be stingy now?? :confused:

its like buying a bottom end S-Class. why would you do that? If you can spend why not get everything.

plus we are walking billboards for a year. i think they can hook it up. :D

PEACE

p.s. aho, keep up the great work.

Funny that you caught that genetic...here is the revised picture

sam_buttons_rvsd.jpg

The only problem with choosing every detail as you mentioned, is that it would be way too complicated to vote on every single thing. Cost and convenience is the most realistic way to go if we plan to get this out sometime next year...Sorry, I know we can't please everyone but I'll ask Gordon about customizing the leather detail on pocket #4 when the time comes, if it wins the vote!

^aha, nothing but a doughnut button will succeed

and for good reason :)

i think button 6 is just button 2 sideways, but my vote is for either

pocket 4 ofcourse (with hidden rivets though please)

cinchback if possible

i'll end up getting these if they use jin denim with pocket 4+hidden rivets, fuck the rest of the details, its about the denim!

i´m also a fan of the #4 pockets. the simplicity is just great. those with the contrast #2 arcs would be WOW.

don´t care about a cinch. if we´ll get one i´ll just have to cut it.

btw i just noticed this small difference in the stitching on the pockets:

my s710xx has the same "crossover"-stitching, while all my other jeans (denime, eternal, sc, pbj) don´t have it. is this a detail specific to wrangler?

Yeah I have them on my 710's as well as my RRL Straight's

since we can't make any decisions about the actual jeans, as of yet, can we agree on some procedural things? like how long we will let the polls for each of the options go? that seems like the easiest place for us to get bogged down in the sludge of democracy.

3 days? that could account for fifteen or twenty votes (many running concurrently) maybe more in January. it doesn't take long to vote and we all seem to be letting the hamster wheels spin already. no need for extensive deliberations.

any thoughts aho?

I mean from the poll already the 0500 is winning by a landslide. I'm pretty sure that cuts already decided on. Also LHT denim has been decided and I'm 99% sure 15 or 17oz denim is what we are doin. People wanted Texas cotton but that's not realistic if we want a reasonable price or the jeans anytime soon. No need to run another poll about the denim or cut IMO.

Plus were all just waiting for Gordon to reply to Aho about details and what exactly is even possible in which then Aho will start the a new/final thread where details and stuff will be decided and voted on.

Mmmm... The Jin denim is sweet though...

I really like pockets 2 & 4, as well as the donut buttons. If we opt for pocket #4, I would not choose rivet #1: it will shred/scratch anything you sit on!

Yeah, take this advice, I have a pair of Warehouse Duckdiggers with exposed rivets just like those and I end up scratching wooden chairs all the time (have yet to actually shred anything though). I think exposed rivets look cool but unless they're rounded like the Wrangler ones they're not very practical.

Jins Collab ?!!! where do i sign up ? 'been on my "jeans wishlist" 4ever. i vote for button #3, rivet #2, hidden 'Yamato' arcs just so there's a distinction with the rest of the Samurai lot, and def the Wrangler pocket [#4].

may i suggest, to also make sure to reset pocket placement closer than original Wrangler/Lee back pockets. this would give them a modern updated look and more user/fit friendly. AFAIK the FC 0105 pockets dint go well with a few contestants. lastly, i hope cinch back is optional. normally, i prefer a slimmer fit on denims over 15oz, but w/ a cinch back ala-526IIXX, i'd size up on my collab pair :)