Evisu is still loved!

benzak

now, a jp 2000 cut in one of the more interesting heritage denims would be awesome.

You can pick some up on ebay sometimes. At Some point Evisu japan made some lot 2000 in the d85 denim for the european market. Already lacking the red tab and with no painted pockets.

That was Lot 2001 Paulo, wasn't it?

And the reason why 'denim connoisseurs' avoid (most) Heritage stuff is down to two factors: one, the designs are shit; secondly, the denim is generally of a far inferior quality to what is available elsewhere.

I don't give a shit where the jeans are made (my Macau-made broken twill jeans are still being worn, and I've just started to wear my Lazy S jeans again), but when there is little proof that these denims do fade well, then I'll focus mainly on the Japanese stuff...

heritage fits suck too... its hard to get good fades is you dont want to wear the jeans... they almost seem like exaggerted jp cuts.

now, a jp 2000 cut in one of the more interesting heritage denims would be awesome.

0005 is a good cut IMO. You have to size down though. True to size is horrendous.

the denim is generally of a far inferior quality to what is available elsewhere.

I think it stacks pretty well in comparison to some of the Japanese brands I've dealt with, but, yes, there are better products out there, I'm certain.

Personally all the Evisu's that I own are of the Heritage line and after learning that it was an inferior product compared to Evisu Japan, I will never buy another Heritage Jean again. I'm stacking up for a No. 1 2000, but have been to busy buying other brands to really save.

I also agree that the sizing on the Heritage Line are all fucked up, especially when compared to other brands that I know own.

Here ya go CTB, not the most faded pair of jeans but coming along nicely. don't think i'll get much for combs on these due to the cut...but we'll see.

D67 denim, 0001 cut, washed maybe 2 or 3 times, owned for maybe 2 years but don't wear them all the time. I could have sized down on these as well but went true to size.

_MJS5012.jpg

_MJS5016.jpg

_MJS5019.jpg

_MJS5022.jpg

_MJS5024.jpg

and them some fit pics.

_MJS0027.jpg

_MJS0029.jpg

There're no such thing as "stubborn jeans", it's all dependent on how active your life is...the D67 is definitely, for me, a more pleasant denim to handle than D85 but still not a patch on the Japanese denim, notably the No.1 & 2.

And that's not said through any kind of denim snobbery, it's an informed (albeit subjective) opinion based on having handled several kinds of Evisu and Evis denim.

Nice jeans, can't rep you at the moment. Looking great close up :)

I simply mean they are more difficult to fade. True, your lifestyle affects wear, but certain jeans require more to effort from the wearer (45rpm Jamon's for instance). Some, poorly dyed jeans lose most of their color with the first wash. But, true, it is all personal preference and subjective.

I swear i had an email from evisu (manager at savile row) telling me that d67 denim faded faster then d85

Probably true.

thanks guys.

as for the quality issue i wish i could chime in. I haven't really handled any other brands from Japan. I'm thinkin about joining the samurai lht conest, those look pretty nice. would be a good first foray i think.

as for our beloved d85 denim.. :) ..it's a weird one. i think like cheap said, their cuts are kinda holding it back. otherwise i kinda like it. a little lighter, it seems to work better in a more fitted cut. I have a jacket in that denim thats pretty chill, idk. it's all preference i guess. just depends on what you're goin for.

There're no such thing as "stubborn jeans", it's all dependent on how active your life is...)

you should try some studio d'artisans... ive been at em since september, wearing them 95% of my waking hours. they look like my samurai at one month, or less faded.

all the denim is MiJ, but the heritage are sewn in macau. there are also heritage jawns made from the pink-line#1 denim, sewn in macau. we have to keep in mind that the ''old #2'' is now the ''new #3''. the current '#1' &'#2' denims are claimed to be identical kaihara osaka denim, just that the #2 is sanforized. also the #1 denim changes every so often(evisu has different people make it from batch to batch, it's one of the ways to make it more mysterious/intriguing and ''special''), which also makes it tricky...but so what, if worn hard&consistent it will all produce nice fades

Shame (s)he didn't list the size of the jeans, eh? :rolleyes:

There were some Lot 2000 mizuhiki jeans listed briefly the other day in a 33, the listing was taken off although I'm not sure why...the jeans were legit, with tab and a BiN of £70...

Yo ben! did you win the jacket in the end?

Nah, it had no red tab nor sign of there ever having been one...plus, I've got years more wear in my current jacket...

my samurai tenth anniversary's are stubborn, for sure. I've been giving them a rest for my MIJ no.2 and I am quite frankly SHOCKED at how quickly these evisus are fading compared to the AI10-sp

I'd hope so! The No.2s would be regular jeans, whereas the Sammies would be a 'flagship' model, with all the trimmings that would entail!

you should try some studio d'artisans... ive been at em since september, wearing them 95% of my waking hours. they look like my samurai at one month, or less faded.

I almost did try some SDAs fairly recently (either the 101s or the D01s) but passed as the leg shrinkage might have been too much...the seller rated the SDA denim as on a par with No.1. Will be good to see how your 2000s fade, as you'll be in a great position to make a direct comparison...

i spoke with gordon about the assumed 'superiority' of one fine denim over another, and per him FC,SDA,denimexx,warehouse1000xx,samurai,etc. are all equal to evisu's #1 denim, it's all a matter of personal preference according to what characteristics one wants in his denim. for example, someone who likes faster fades may think sam or warehouse denim is ''better'' than SdA denim, but someone who want's a more stubborn fade may feel sams/warehouse/flatheads aren't dyed as well, which is not necessarily true. each denim boss has his own opinion as to what the perfect denim is, and they all go through a shit load of trial and error before they decide that what they sell is what they want to present to the public. hayashi san likes rougher denim, and it shows, miki san likes super soft, comfy denim. nogami-san likes superthick, rugged shit.it shows in the denim each one sells...

but with that said, vintage evis denim resembles denimexx denim more than it resembles any other denim i've ever seen or handled from anybody.