Evisu is still loved!

benzak

woa 50% off sounds good... just dont need anything from the site atm lol

Anyway, have a question about the hand painted gulls....

My friend's in japan... and she got me 2001 no.2s and I wanted hand painted gulls ... the thin type... that looked like deus' (http://www.evisu.com/blog/2007/08/07/evisu-lot-2001-no-2-tokyo-gull/)

So she told the people in the shop she wanted them like that and they said they dont do that... they only paint on fat ones... that usually look like screen printed ones i think? but she saw the painter and asked for thin ones and the painted said sweet and did them... they look like this...

3db31ecf7b.jpg

not exactly what i was hoping for... is there any reason why they cant paint the gulls the way i wanted... and this is an evisu shop too... if i ordered off the store would they have done them thin?

after a soak would they shrink and become thinner? o_O (also, how much do the thighs shrink with a soak?)

Same thing for le 14s rakuten links (http://en.item.rakuten.com/earthmarket/egd20001wht/ and http://en.item.rakuten.com/gmmstore/evisu-6/ ) ... one has thick painted gulls, the other thin ones...

I've seen youtube vids where they painted thin gulls....

(those would be the type I wanted...)

I wouldn't usually be this picky.... but I'd like to get them the way I want considering how much money I'm spending lol is there any way I could get them thinner gulls?

thanks...

Each painter will have his or her own way of painting the gulls, like their 'signature' if you will.

How the gulls are painted depends entirely on who's doing the brushwork.

Personally, I think they look great and they've been created just for your pair of jeans, and not in imitation of anyone else's.

Soaking won't change the way the gulls look, but the paintwork will thin out the more you wear the jeans, especially if you wear them hard.

As for the thighs, you'll see some shrinkage but not a lot. More importantly for you, I suspect, the hip flare becomes a lot less noticeable after a bit of wear.

Jeans look good, have to show us some fit pics when you get a chance!

Thanks CTB. I had a feeling it was to do with the painters style and was going to wear them because of the uniqueness. They ought to look mint once I wear them in. Just hope they fits alright... they looked massive over skype lol thanks ay.

btw... i know no.2s dont shrink much... but should I give them a hot soak once I get them to get what little shrinkage is in it out?

Thanks CTB. I had a feeling it was to do with the painters style and was going to wear them because of the uniqueness. They ought to look mint once I wear them in. Just hope they fits alright... they looked massive over skype lol thanks ay.

btw... i know no.2s dont shrink much... but should I give them a hot soak once I get them to get what little shrinkage is in it out?

Up to you with the soaking mate, some people would and some wouldn't, which is probably not the answer you're looking for!

I'd say yes, especially if you're thinking of the thighs as you may feel less self-conscious about wearing them after a soak.

Just keep an eye on the waist, eh? :)

You from the North, by the way?

I think I'll soak depending on how the fit is... just seems that 37cm for the thighs is massive, then again i do tend to wear baggy ish clothes so might be fine?

During the holidays im in hamilton (north island) though the rest of the year I go to uni in dunedin (south island). how come? been to nz before? lol

I think he was talking about that %50 off sale.

that explains it it's not the made in Japan one's.

Sorry for being annoying, but for everyone to answer, does the $100 price difference justify the difference between the #1 and #2 lot 2000? If so, why?

thanks

Got my no2 2001s in the post this morning! psyched! lol ill get some fit pics up soon. just wondering about this hip flare... and ass and crotch flare haha everyone tells you about them but you dont realise till you actually see em in person lol how long till they go down and would a soak help em go down? gotta say though they comfy as! yusss!

that explains it it's not the made in Japan one's.

Sorry for being annoying, but for everyone to answer, does the $100 price difference justify the difference between the #1 and #2 lot 2000? If so, why?

thanks

this is one of the things that turns me off to evisu as a brand(i love the #1 denim, just not how it's marketed). this years #1 denim and #2 are supposed to be the same just the #2 is sanforized. sanforization costs the company money, yet the unsanf. #1 denim costs more:confused:. with that said, i guess they should fade the same under identical conditions, since they are deemed the same denim.

now, if the question is about the ''old'' #2 (the D85 sunrise selvage, which is now the 'new' #3 denim) then the #1 is better according to most. the D85 is sanforized, and the texture is a lot different than the #1, but keep in mind that all samples of the #1 can be different, since evisu changes the #1 denim's source every so often. that's why the selvage can be grey, pink, black,etc. but it's all the #1 denim. the D85 leaves some heads unimpressed, but deus' pair proves it fades well if rocked hard. personally i love the way D85 denim looks raw. the #1 is more rare, and has more of the authentic vintage characteristics than the #2. is it $100/pair better? that's up to you...you can get the same quality denim as evisu's #1 with fullcount, warehouse, SdA, denime, momotaro, eternal, etc for less than $350 a pair. seriously.

Deus' pair was made of Japanese No.2 though, right? Not the same as the D85 (which I don't rate).

The D85 denim was sold in Japan as Lot 1930 'lightweight', basically an unshrunk 2001 silhouette with '13oz' printed on the patch.

I have a pair somewhere, I posted pics way back when in the thread. I'll see if I can dig 'em out when I've more time.

Just to confuse the issue, there was a run of No.2 2001s produced for Western markets (possibly just the UK), without the tab, but stating that they were made in Japan. They have the same selvage as D85, but the texture of the denim is far better.

so the MiJ #2 is the same as the #1 just sanforized, right? if so the extra $100 is NOT justified. now i'm inspired to go to the one store in town that has the #1 denim, and fondle it. i just hate when a brand labels a denim as ''Special'' and then charges an extra 100 bucks for nothing. even die-hard evis fans have to admit that yamane-san is on some bullshit when it comes to making $$$...

WHERE THE FUCK IS DEUS ANYWAY? he is missed...

so the MiJ #2 is the same as the #1 just sanforized, right? if so the extra $100 is NOT justified..

I put this question to Evisu a good few months ago, and they never got back to me...

I'm guessing you're right, though. I said a while back that the extra cost cannot be justified, if so.

Nor does No.2 fade any worse than the No.1. Indeed, as pointed out before, a lot of the most impressively faded Evis(u) jeans are made of No.2 denim.

I put this question to Evisu a good few months ago, and they never got back to me...

I'm guessing you're right, though. I said a while back that the extra cost cannot be justified, if so.

Nor does No.2 fade any worse than the No.1. Indeed, as pointed out before, a lot of the most impressively faded Evis(u) jeans are made of No.2 denim.

Thanks, I think I'll be going for the #2 lot 2000.

Anyone order from rakuten before? I'm gonna order these http://en.item.rakuten.com/gmmstore/evisu-6/ but few questions first. These are the handpainted gulls correct? WIll Rakuten hem (chainstitch) the jeans for you if you give them an inseam length?

Also, if anyone has ordered from the US, how are the custom fees or other fees? is there a way to avoid those?

I ordered from GMMStore, they're very helpful and their english is excellent.

If you buy a pair of blank pocket ones they'll hand paint for you, any color you like. You can even do different colors on each pocket as I did. I _believe_ they will do chainstitching (it's on the order form) but I didnt get that because I am tall.

I've only heard of a handful of people paying import duty on private (non-commercial) imports into the US. I've probably received 200 packages from japan in my life and not a single one was ever charged duty, even one declared at $750 and not as a gift.

I dont think you have to worry about duty if you live in the US.

I ordered from GMMStore, they're very helpful and their english is excellent.

If you buy a pair of blank pocket ones they'll hand paint for you, any color you like. You can even do different colors on each pocket as I did. I _believe_ they will do chainstitching (it's on the order form) but I didnt get that because I am tall.

I've only heard of a handful of people paying import duty on private (non-commercial) imports into the US. I've probably received 200 packages from japan in my life and not a single one was ever charged duty, even one declared at $750 and not as a gift.

I dont think you have to worry about duty if you live in the US.

Yeah, I looked at the order form as I was placing my order but everything after address was in Japanese and I can't read it lol. Wanna help me out?

Guest adidasaj

Need help finding the right pair of Evisu for me...

First one's I went with were the No1 Specials in the 0001 cut from evisu.com. I bought size32 though because from all the google results I could find, people said to buy 2 sizes too big for Evisu (And 2-3 sizes small for APC... neither of which seems to have been accurate). Also, they're Made in Macau.

Next, I bought some size30 200 cut No13s. Great jean but the inseam on all 0005s are pretty short. 31.5 or so... It's OK and not too short. But I want 34-35 for my everyday jean.

So what I'm looking for

No1 unsaforized or deluxe

34 inseam at about 32.5 waist (so 30ish tag size)

I'd be open to any cut I think. I like the 0001 baggy cut sometimes, but otherwises I like a slim cut like the 0005s as well.

also, what's with the 2000 and 2001 cuts? that's the japanese cuts? i only know the american name for the cuts.... 0001 (baggy), 200 (regular), 0005 (slim). and then what about those 0038XX deluxe jeans on the international site?

oh, and are there any guide for ordering from a Japanese site (either the official site or from a retailer that is known to be 100% authentic)?

evisu NA and evisu Euro official sites don't have much left right now (think they're clearing out for 2010)

and seem like everything I bought is either from Macau (denim) or China (shirts)

wish they just made everything in japan... all my BBC stuff is made there and isn't really much more expensive

Guest adidasaj

ok, new question...

I checked out that Blue in Green store

they have sz30 2000s at waist size 30.5

that's going to be their natural waist width?

I ask because most tag size 30s I own are actually about 32-33 in the waist (I'm about 32.5 but always wear 30

and the No1 Specials 0001s I got from evisu.com, at size32, were about 36 in the waist before soak, 34 in waist after soak

so I was going to get sz30 (waist 32) 0001s

but if I get those 2000s from BiG, I should get sz32 (waist 32.5)?

or size34 because they apparently shrink 2.5 inchs.

sz34 seems huge when everything else I wear is sz30 (and my last No1 Specials at sz32 were 2 sizes too big)

I just want some trusting reassuring :)

sorry for all the questions but it seems like every cut, of each year, varying on Made in Macau or Made in Japan, seems to have a different 'sizing' for each its tags.

so I just want to be sure. I've already spent about $500 on two pairs trying to find that perfect pair, so I want the 3rd time to be a charm