Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Well abit late to put this up as i only got it now but!!!!

This is for the event tomorrow at the bullring.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158998076381&ref=mf

****EXCLUSIVE EVISU DESIGN COMPETITION****

In conjuction with Kanji's visit to Flannels, Evisu would also like to invite you to submit your own designs and take on the iconic Evisu Kamome tag, in an exclusive competition. The winning design will be handpainted on a limited edition run of jeans and sold in the Flannels Bullring store!! In addition the winner will receive a pair of their own personalised jeans handpainted by Kanji.

To enter please submit your designs to [email protected]

DEADLINE: 11th NOVEMBER 2009

Rules:

1. One colour - Evisu white

2. To fit within the Evisu back pocket - width 18.5cm and height 19cm

3. The design can feature logo's, characters and symbols which represent Evisu to you

The winning design will be picked by Kanji on 12th November in store.

I haven't worn the Lazy S jeans for a good three months, as per my previous comments...

And no Chambo, been working all day and off to see a man about a tattoo right now...dunno what I'd like to do, design-wise, anyhow...might have a think about it this evening...

No i havent done a design either i only found out about it today. It always seems i find out about stuff really late.

I haven't worn the Lazy S jeans for a good three months, as per my previous comments...

I remember you saying something about that? Was it in regards to them stretching too much?

Also, apparently Kanji was at Barney's in New York to do some hand painting.

http://guestofaguest.com/nyc-events/evisu-jeans-take-over-barneys-with-saved-tattoo-artists/

http://www.patrickmcmullan.com/site/event_detail.aspx?eid=31363

ok, mini evisu japan rant. I always wanted a pair of the japanese evisu because the cuts are much more normal than the US versions and not fashion-y like the euro ones.

I jumped at the chance to buy a no0 when they were made available for the first time since 1999. I ordered a size 38 lot2000 no0, which was supposed to be waist 102cm according to evisu.jp. When it arrived it was 37.5" BEFORE soaking and ended up about 35.5. WTF!?

So then I score a no1 special lot2001 on ebay and figure sizing up one will solve the problems I had with no0. When THOSE arrive they are unspeakably tight in the waist but loose everywhere else. I stretch the waist out and now they fit me, but I much preferred the lot2000 cut...

I find a no2 lot2000 on rakuten that's marked 40% off, including hand paint. I go by the rakuten measurements, and get a size 38. They are a super nice fit but loose everywhere including the waist. I think I will need to wear a belt with them. So, in closing, it appears that I am:

size 40 in no0 lot2000

size 36 in no2 lot2000 (although I will keep the size 38 since they're comfy and I got custom handpaint)

size 38 in no1 lot2001 (I would need to use the waist stretching device but the rest of the jeans would fit much better)

Why so much fucking variation!? Can't they get the goddamn measurements consistent, at least in the same lot#!?

I think more than the incompetence of their quality control is the fact that they expect everybody to drop $300 for their jeans.

Oh well, no one said love was easy…

spence buddy loving you is never easy too

ed - the discounted no2 lot2000 was for sizes 38-42 only ;)

artist formerly known as prince - only the US evisu company expects that. In japan 20,000-30,000Y is not all THAT much. It seems bad now because the yen is strong and the dollar weak. The yen was like 120/1 and now it's more like 85/1...

I remember you saying something about that? Was it in regards to them stretching too much?

Nah, that was to be expected because of the denim.

I wasn't happy at all with the dye job, after around three months wear and probably four washes, a lot of the dye just 'fell out' of the jeans, meaning that a lot of the contrast went and kinda killed it, to be honest.

I don't think it would have been an issue if I was prepared to leave it months before washing, but there's no way you can wear jeans hard and not wash without becoming the local skank.

Kanji asked me to provide some structured feedback on the jeans and my thoughts, so that he could pass it on to the bods in NY for reference in relation to any future denims.

Donovan, the new Evisu brand manager at Fourmarketing (their distribution and marketing partners)was there and he spoke a little about the new stuff that's coming, although you'll be familiar with all this from the numerous articles linked above in this thread.

As part of the restructure of Evisu International, a lot of outlets have been closed as they weren't performing (e.g. Amsterdam, the Swindon outlet) and it's only apparently been the UK part of the operation that's been doing well.

A whole heap of photos were taken of my Lot 2000 and Lazy S and I'll post these once they make their way to me...The only pics I have are of the DD+1-based washed jeans, of which Donovan was wearing a sample.

The cam flash makes them look a lot more washed out than they are; they actually look relatively good in real life, for washed denim anyway:

dscf4107.jpg

dscf4108c.jpg

Why so much fucking variation!? Can't they get the goddamn measurements consistent, at least in the same lot#!?

Sorry, it seems like you've suffered plenty. Seems like BiG's measurements are them most accurate. I was surprised to learn that the No. 2 demo ran sizes larger in the waist. You'd think it was STF.
only the US evisu company expects that
Thankfully, I've yet to pay over 200 for a pair.

I wasn't happy at all with the dye job, after around three months wear and probably four washes, a lot of the dye just 'fell out' of the jeans, meaning that a lot of the contrast went and kinda killed it, to be honest.

Disappointed to hear that, and I was thinking they would take a while to fade.