Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Guest adidasaj

Yeah I realize that now hehehe

When I was doing my research though, all the posts on sizing up never clarified those small details. The impression I got was that all Evisu had to be sized up. Ah well. Live and learn.

so the MiJ #2 is the same as the #1 just sanforized, right? if so the extra $100 is NOT justified. now i'm inspired to go to the one store in town that has the #1 denim, and fondle it. i just hate when a brand labels a denim as ''Special'' and then charges an extra 100 bucks for nothing. even die-hard evis fans have to admit that yamane-san is on some bullshit when it comes to making $$$...

WHERE THE FUCK IS DEUS ANYWAY? he is missed...

salaami, are those the ones at I.N.C.? The ones that came with embroidered gold, black, or blue "brushstroke" gulls? According to Matt @ Evisu, those were dyed with unique combos of natural dyes, each color gull with a different blend. I'm not sure if that's what makes them "Special", or if that indicia has to do with another marketing facet.

Reminds me, I have been able to put some wear on my black-gulled pair of those. I'll post some pics up after a wash...which they desperately need. They nasty.

It's been a while...had to use flash in some of these pics, as the weather's been grim as fuck recently...

Wanted to show pics of everything worn over the past 18 months but the Lazy S jeans and the green caste mizuhiki jeans pics came out shite...never mind, eh?

No.1 Lot 2000 after about 16 months:

dscf4199b.jpg

dscf4201.jpg

dscf4203d.jpg

dscf4205.jpg

dscf4207r.jpg

Black gulls now pretty much worn off:

dscf4208a.jpg

Close up of the crotch reinforcement done about a year ago:

dscf4212j.jpg

Lot 2001 in the background, worn for about two months more than the 2000s. The 2001s are looking a lot more 'vintage':

dscf4221p.jpg

hey ctb - do you wash yours very often? They have very traditional looking levis fades... Like, from before the whole wear-until-you-smell-like-a-homeless-dude-before-washing craze.

Yeah, can't be doing with wearing 'em till other people start commenting on the fact that something in the room is minging smelly. It helps that I tend to wear them hard, so the creases set really early and the washes tend to bring out the contrasts quickly. I'll try and lay off washing for at least a month though to let the jeans get a little character, and then after that it's a free for all :)

Both the 2000s and 2001s have been washed at least fifteen times, at a guess.

Some of the not-washed-for-x-months-to-get-maximum-contrast jeans look very, very pretty, but (to me, at least) about as 'authentic' as the latest Diesel turbo-wash, or whatever they dress it up as at the moment.

The pics of the 2001s really don't do them justice, they're really developing a character of their own after 18 months of on-and-off wear and regular washing...

Man... when people say lot 2001 are baggy jeans... theyre baggy jeans lol hopefully the pics will help people thinking of getting them though i dont think the fit would appeal to styleforum peops? theyre 34x35. im 185cm tall

this is them new (not sagged btw)...

dsc9147zy.jpg w250.png

dsc9150.jpg w250.png

decided to give them a soak to hopefully reduce the hip flare before wearing them outside lol

post soak (after a day of wear)...

dsc9158.jpg w250.png

dsc9160.jpg w250.png

went true to waist with sizing. sizing down one might have been a good idea. theyve easily stretched out n got a bit of a sag going which is fine - more used to that. but i guess if i wore em with a belt up higher, could probably reduce the hipflare some more but thats just not me haha the soak mostly reduced the inseam but i still have to double cuff em... probably hem them sometime.

they look black as atm. first night wore em out...

12162_219114325655_93570405655_4672686_904076_n.jpg

ended up in A&E too for stitches lol

Guest adidasaj

OK so I got ahold of someone at [email protected] finally, and they essentially said that all their jeans on their online store are Made in Macau... MiJapan are in-store-only. (He was from the International site but I'm guessing this applies to both NA and Euro sites now since they carry the same jean 'lots' essentially.

I'm still going to keep my 2 pairs of MiMacau I think but I'm going to get a pair of 2000s from BiG, No1s, since I think they're the best choice for my every-day-jean. Any thoughts on gull vs no gull? I might not have any choice since gull No1s may be sold out of my size, but I think I'd still like the gull. It's a little 'loud' for every-day-jeans but I think after 6 months of wear, a worn gull would look great. Any feedback on our long your gulls on no1 2000s took to get a good worn look?

Also, these are the other two I own

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/mens-kaedama-jeans

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/mens-tokyu-modern-jeans

I'm wearing the 200-fit No13 Tokyu right now as my every day jean just to get some good wear on them. Cool jean but they're too loud for my every day jean. I mostly just want them for when I go out, especially overseas ('louder' jeans are a little 'cooler' in Hong Kong and Taipei right now ... over here in Canada, subtle is cooler - personally I enjoy both depending on what I'm doing).

They're a little short though. 31.5 inseam for some crazy reason. Not too short but I wish they'd have a couple extra inches (being about 6'2) ... (that's another reason I'm digging the cut on those 2000s)

But I'm looking for some advice on the Kaedama No1 Specials...

I bought 2 sizes too big. Unlike MiJ unsaforized, the tag size on those are STF. I misunderstood.

Any ideas on how I may be able to shrink them more even after I've soaked them twice? I'm pretty sure they're shrunk as much as they will but maybe there's a trick I haven't heard before.

>CrashTestBrummie< all I can say is you have the "cool image "all the time!

Wanted to add this #2007 no.2 "ichigo mimi (strawberry selvage)". I've had them since December 2007, worn about a year and a half. (Comes 1 wash, and washed 2 other times by me).Pics taken today (rainy day) when the sun was coming out momentarily.

pc070029x.jpg

Barely any light.

pc070030.jpg

pc070044.jpg

pc070039.jpg

pc070042.jpg

extra : The "evisu man" from 12/09 lightning ad

pc070027.jpg

i hot dry all my jeans. some say its bad, but i like how my 2000 fit now. they get the shrinkage out of the way. i did like 2-3 hot soaks, one boiling hot soak, hot washes, and 2 dry sessions when i first got my no.1. and the color is still good.

is there a new lightning mag out?

Yeah, that same seller has been listing those constantly for a good 12+ months...The original asking price was £1500, if I remember rightly!

Paulo and I have had a laugh or two at the regularity with which these have been popping up. Don't think he's had much luck in shifting them.

Martin (ex of Fourmarketing, Evisu's UK distribution managers) had a root through their old stockroom to see if he could find a similar pair of natural indigo jeans for me, but with no luck...