Evisu is still loved!

benzak

in japan on holiday at the moment and just bought some 2000 no.2 and got them hand painted in size 34....

when i went in store and tried on the 33, that was comfortable and fit just right on my waist, but the sales person said that if i like the fit of the size 33, then i should buy the 34 because after a wash the no.2 denim will shrink one size. I just hot soaked it and it has barely shrunk at all, maybe 0.5inches at most but these jeans are still about 1.5" too big. and the jeans haven't even begun stretching. i realised now that i should listen to my intuition and buy the size that fits right, because no.2 denim is sanforized and any shrinkage generally will stretch back out - correct?

do you think i should head back to the evisu store and pickup a pair of size 33, and try to sell my size 34s on Supermarket?

Superhero, the same thing pretty much happened to me. Tried on a size 32 pair, but I bought a 33 pairs because the guy instore insisted.

Gave them a gentle 30 degrees wash first and they didn't shrink that much. After that I washed them again at 50 degrees and they shrunk up quite a lot, pretty close to the 32 that I tried on instore. Not that much stretching either. The difference between soak and a good hot wash is pretty big.

it sounds as if the No 2 is harder to size than the No 1..

I hot soaked mine, dried it, and then hot washed it again and dried it before hemming them.. i'm just hoping the inseam won't shrink anymore after another wash/soak down the road

yea im disappointed in that i even got a chance to try them on, and yet i still managed to get the wrong size lol. will probably have to cop a loss on these

just do a hot wash. I've done hot soaks many times; sometimes I boil the water and use that and I still don't see any difference.

I just throw it washer in hot water and then in the dry for about 30 minutes. Some people say putting in the dryer is bad, but eh, jeans are jeans.

plus, the color on the evisu holds up pretty well (but this is as expected for many of the Japanese jeans).

^ ah long. I remember when I first got mine I hated the fit after my first hot wash/hot dryer. I thought it was still too big considering I had bought my size true to waist (29). However, after many hot washes/dryer within a week of owning it, It had gotten to a point where i liked it. I think it took around 4-5 washes(hot wash/dryer) to finally come to a point where there is no shrinking for me. I recently did another wash after many months of not washing it and it stayed the same. Although the waist does shrink to a 27 every time it touches water, i just stretch it back out and it's good to go again.

I don't mind the jeans shrinking, the jeans fit well right now for me

I am only concerned about the inseam, because I got it hemmed just right for my height, I am hoping the inseam would stay the same length. The jeans would never see a dryer though. So far I only did a hot soak and a hot wash, hang dry on both occasions

Fake?I feel like it should be obvious but I just cant tell based on the volume of shit this guy sells. Sorry if this seller has come up before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVISU-GENES-Jeans-Mens-Selvedge-Denim-Pants-Deluxe-Sz-/360322587054?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&vti=Waist+Size%0936&hash=item92af65b3b2#ht_6128wt_1140

I've been googling around for these, it seems the consensus is that they sell old stock and are therefore really cheap, but legit. Not 100% sure though. I just e-mailed them if they have any 0005's, waiting for a response :) .

Fake?I feel like it should be obvious but I just cant tell based on the volume of shit this guy sells. Sorry if this seller has come up before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVISU-GENES-Jeans-Mens-Selvedge-Denim-Pants-Deluxe-Sz-/360322587054?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&vti=Waist+Size%0936&hash=item92af65b3b2#ht_6128wt_1140

They're part of the Evisu Deluxe line, which was by Evisu International. They do seem to be legit, as I doubt any fakes would bother with the bluff pockets and all that. I believe it was Mr. William Kroll, who now does Tender, who originally designed these. If anyone would know if it's real, it would most likely be him. However, do ask to see the details, like the signed patch in the back inside the waistband.

I have a pair of a similar model, which I got basically unworn for a bargain price from a friend. However, the fit and sizing seems to be different from each of the new Evisu Deluxe released, though the overall detailing is very much the same. Each of these pieces were hand-made with single needle stitching by one tailor, and the construction is actually very good. Every piece was signed by its respective tailor. As far as I know, the other varying factor (other than fit) was the denim used, which to my best knowledge was Japanese selvage denim; usually something "experimental", like vegetable indigo dye, seawater soaked, hand-dyed in natural indigo, and such.

As for the price, it seems decent enough, considering $70 is about 10~20% of what they used to cost at the Evisu stores in London (£350-400). They were also made at a limited basis, although they didn't have any serial numbers (that I'm aware of). And, on a last note, the front pockets (at least in my pair) is extremely comfy.

here is the link for their webstore they have a lot more there, i dont know too much about evisu so i cant give you any info. But, i've wanted to pick up a pair for a while and if these are legit i think i would have to get a pair.

If some one can confirm this website is legit i would be very thankful

http://www.streetmoda.com/advanced_search_result.php?deepsrch=bar&style=&categories_id=&size=&price=&brand=330&jstyle=&jssize=

I think streetmoda is a legit retailer, but occasionally they (not this place specifically, but online retailers in general) do end up with fake stock. I think those might either be fakes they got unintentionally OR real ones that they got at a discount in bulk from another place that couldn't move them (they're obviously previous seasons' stock anyways)

66798_468633786298_533161298_5952772_8382586_n.jpg

These are the hand painted No.2 in 2000 cut size 34 that i got last week. They are about 1.5" too big in the waist after a hot soak... so i'm thinking about going back to pick up a size 33 instead.

The hand painted kanji on the left says "evis"

Anyone interested in taking these off my hands?

The selvage is a thin red line selvage, comparable in width to LVC.

I bought them for around $280 USD, once converted, but i'm willing to take offers so i can go buy a new pair that is a size smaller in the waist as i'm only in japan for another 5 days and it takes 3 days to get them handpainted with anything other than gulls.

PM me with an offer incl shipping!