Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Yes, the hues should be somewhat different during the fading process. I doubt the red line jeans (the ones with purplish tint) will look bad, particularly since a majority of Evisu Japan's denim is red line. You can find plenty examples in this topic; Cheap's recently posted pair is one such example. Crash also has a number of pictures and examples.

Sorry all - busy weekend and have struggled to find time to do anything. These are my Pink Mimi 15oz No 1's. I think they were a size 35, I don't remember. In any case, they have shrunken down significantly and barely get over one meaty thigh these days. Got them as uniform in 2002, wore them day in day out, and they have been re-stitched, written on, slept in, everything. An awesome pair of jeans, if only they still fit.. I could diet, I suppose, but my wife doesn't think it likely..

P7043635.jpg

P7043637.jpg

P7043638.jpg

P7043639.jpg

P7043640.jpg

P7043642.jpg

P7043644.jpg

Apologies for the many poorly taken photos.

desu

I doubt the red line jeans (the ones with purplish tint) will look bad, particularly since a majority of Evisu Japan's denim is red line.

Any particular reason they're called redline? is that to do with the material or stitching or something?

Oi dietings not too bad... jus cut out snacks, eat fruit n nuts and uv got most of it sorted. I've lost 2 inches off the waist and 10kgs this yr so far ... which sucks since my 2001s dont fit me anymore =(

lol, those rule though I don't know where anyone could wear those except to a rave or something. But can you imagine if some one actually wore those to rags though! how epic. I feel for the designers, they needed to make something different, and if people buy it and they keep their job then whatevs, i could care less. it's still a business we ain't gone to far to see that.

Roping? I'm not familiar with the lingo. Plenty of washing. Every 2 months or so when worn, less so since I've gotten more prodigious in waist measurement.

desu

My bad, apologies...'roping' refers to the patterns formed when the denim pulls against the chainstitching, due to the washing/shrinking/washing process...it then fades in a distinctive pattern and is normally more pronounced in non-preshrunk denim, for obvious reasons.

You can see it in the pic of your jeans that I 'quoted'...also here:

dscf0074l.jpg

Any particular reason they're called redline? is that to do with the material or stitching or something?

My bad, I didn't mean red line, I meant red caste. It reflects the type of dye used. Usually, you'll come across red or green caste denim, though there are other variations.

Here's a decent list of denim terminology.

http://www.oki-ni.com/Denim-Guide/Denim-Finishes+Washes/page/denimfinishesandwashes

Yes, the hues should be somewhat different during the fading process. I doubt the red line jeans (the ones with purplish tint) will look bad, particularly since a majority of Evisu Japan's denim is red line. You can find plenty examples in this topic; Cheap's recently posted pair is one such example. Crash also has a number of pictures and examples.

mine are the new grey and silver selvage.

P7043639.jpg

I think the lack of roping is due to the hemmed seam and selvedge seam lining up. Usually, a Union Special 43200 gives it a slight tug so the seams "offset" giving the hem a twist that looks like braided rope when worn down. I have few hems chain-stitched on a flatbed that doesn't have a pronounced roping effect.

In for a penny, in for a pound...

Could do with a clear 2-3 inches of shrinkage on these, the buckleback will compensate for the rest:

dscf4720.jpg

Hey Brummie, just catching up on old posts. Where did you find these Private Stock jeans? They look like the sort of thing that was old 10 years ago - some of the most beautiful denims I've ever seen.

desu

Hey Brummie, just catching up on old posts. Where did you find these Private Stock jeans? They look like the sort of thing that was old 10 years ago - some of the most beautiful denims I've ever seen.

desu

Picked them up off eBay for £50 mate, the seller posted pretty poor pics of them but I had an idea that they were worth chasing.

Since soaking/hot washing/tumble drying, they've had a red 'Evis' tab added and have been my cycling jeans for the past three or four months.

Great jeans, proper classic vintage fit...I wear them loose and low...

yeah, kuniyoshi san said that if you look at the outseam at the hem you can tell how much tension was put into the hemstitch. it will be skewed offline from the outseam line. the more tension(skewing) the more pronounced roping. that's why at BiG and take5 they up the tension to the max.

as for one pair being greenish and the other purple, this is due to the caste of the indigo. the purple one is called red-caste. a lot of vintage denim as well as our jap repro faves have red caste. the green caste is a wink to the old amoskeag mills denim levis used way back in the day. so it's somewhat safe to say that the oldest denim had a green caste. look in paul t's book. sadly, most cats who work in the better denim stores have no clue what caste is... so don't waste your time asking. i know that regular indigo fullcount denim is red caste

My bad, I didn't mean red line, I meant red caste. It reflects the type of dye used. Usually, you'll come across red or green caste denim, though there are other variations.

Here's a decent list of denim terminology.

http://www.oki-ni.com/Denim-Guide/Denim-Finishes+Washes/page/denimfinishesandwashes

Thanks heflys. Learn something new everyday eh. Still wish if they were going to use different dyeing processes on the same denim number it would be nice if they indicated that somehow. Are the new no.1's red or green caste? And new no.2's green caste?

edit: thanks for the info salaami!

i would love a pair of 2004's but the cut just dosent suit me ( sad face )

You've some 2001s though, haven't you?

The reason I was selling the 2004s was because I wasn't sure about the fit at all, despite everyone saying that they look good...paulo saw me with them on after Hiroko had painted them, and said that he thought the fit was better than my 2000s...now I'm gonna give them a good wearing, as I appear to be in a distinct minority...

yea i bought a pair of evis about a year or so ago from ebay but i didnt read the description and they had been hemmed to 27 inches , ive since used them for patch materal and sent some to salaami (which reminds me ive got some in a postal bag still to be sent to him)