Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Told you i would find something... :)

Yeah, good effort...cheers!

Just hope they're as good in real life as in the pics...I'll bring the Yamane Deluxes to London on Saturday for you to have a look at...looks like I'll need to come down to London again soon to get the Yahoo jeans painted, too...think I'll ask Kanji to do it himself :)

Welldone with the jeans mate, happy that you got them. Now you have to play the waiting game :D

sorry for the sale plug (mij lot 1506 jacket)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/evis-evisu-denim-jacket-jeans-selvedge-selvage-/170529093350?pt=Men_s_Clothes

the jeans look great deilva

Cheers Flash, I can see why you werent liking the cut but for me thats right up my alley. I know you like a slimmer cut.

Yeah, as long as they're made of the same denim! I wouldn't downsize on a 2001/2004 as it kinda defeats the object in getting that cut...

Thank you my man, a DS pair of Evis 2501/2504 is almost impossible to come by and i don't really wanna "settle" for a pair of new 2001/2004........but looking for a pair of old Evis is the fun part i guess.:D

Yikes, just caught word that Evisu isn't going to be offered in the States any longer. I know the news about the NY offices closing and Morrison leaving has already circulated, but I really didn't expect them to pull North American distribution completely... Hopefully things shape up over the Holiday.

So are they going to expand the MiJ to overseas then too? Would make sense given that past blog update of "letting the world know once more the quality of Evisu" or something along the lines of that...All baseless speculation on my part though...

The denim used on their (raw) International lines is (or was) MiJ, although I'm not sure the same can be said for their other lines. The jeans themselves are assembled in China, though...

The problem they'd have with expanding the 'proper' MiJ lines would be the issues with the red tab on the jeans...plus, there are only a few people outside of Japan who are qualified to paint the jeans, and I think they're all UK-based...

but something I also speculated some weeks ago after seeing some link to a Japanese Evisu blog...

I would be happy :) but then...I've got the Evisu I want (so do I really need the #2001 too?! :D )

but they could do it like FabFour and just make an oversea model without red tab that they also sell through their Japanese webshop

Last time I spoke to someone from Evisu, back when their European HQ was still in Amsterdam, they told me that the Japanese company and the Western company are pretty much 100% separated. So if they're expanding the MIJ line to overseas I wonder if something changed in the relationship between the Japanese Evisu and the Western Evisu company.

Dont know what the financial situation is like in the US at the moment but id say the past 2 years would be very hard to expand a luxury item/brand.

I wouldnt mind if the Yamane brand expanded overseas or the International line doing whatever they want, I just hope the MiJ stuff stays small and true and exclusive to Japan.

Yes the japanese brand is 100% separate from the Int brand. I doubt that the Yamane brand will expand overseas though it did stand in Hong Kong where it shares a market with Evisu Int. However i dont know much about the brand and it could i guess possibly be a joint venture. However i think Evisu Japan actually has its headquarters there.

Anyway i dont think that they were happy that the price they had to pay to have Scott on board was to move the whole operation from HK to NY and im pretty sure that there were desiners in London however i dont know if they were relocated.

Also remember Scotts premium product was stuff like this:

http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jeans/Evisu-Distressed-Patch-Jean/invt/ev0601ind

Honestly, it was all pretty sloppy before Scott even jumped back on board, There was no consistency in sales, marketing, fullfillment, AR...it just seemed like they were fumbling with logistics all the time. I think it could have worked even with "the economy" being tough, they just didn't execute correctly. Evisu is a big enough brand / name to generate enough sales to keep the brand pushing into the US, but I also know they confused and alienated a ton of people on both sides when they juped back an forth between grown man steez and urban shit. And that Puma thing didn't help establish retail pricepoints for the rest of the line.

You say jumping between urban shit and grown man steez but anyone that's evey been in a Japanese Evisu store knows that is the case with the Japanese Evisu. Most stores have 1 floor of the ''cool'', urban daicocks, 20 multi pockets, all over print jumpsuits and the like... And then there's a normal floor with all the 2000, 20001 models with nothing painted or just a gull on the backpocket. So it is possible to appeal to both those markets, apparantly..

In other news, after spending an hour trying on 2000 and 2005 in the Kyoto store today I went and bought a pair of 2005's. The zipper had me doubting but the fit is so incredible I couldn't resist it, and the tab that's written in Japanese is a lovely detail imo. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Anyway i dont think that they were happy that the price they had to pay to have Scott on board was to move the whole operation from HK to NY and im pretty sure that there were desiners in London however i dont know if they were relocated.

Also remember Scotts premium product was stuff like this:

http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jeans/Evisu-Distressed-Patch-Jean/invt/ev0601ind

I know that Kanji, as one of their designers, was having to travel to NYC for meetings and shit, but I'm not sure if they kept any of the other designers.

And those jeans are wank - I'd give them (grudging) credit if they looked vaguely 'authentic' but they look fucking awful - for that price you could buy two pairs of Diesel jeans that would look better for your money.

Honestly, it was all pretty sloppy before Scott even jumped back on board, There was no consistency in sales, marketing, fullfillment, AR...it just seemed like they were fumbling with logistics all the time. I think it could have worked even with "the economy" being tough, they just didn't execute correctly. Evisu is a big enough brand / name to generate enough sales to keep the brand pushing into the US, but I also know they confused and alienated a ton of people on both sides when they juped back an forth between grown man steez and urban shit. And that Puma thing didn't help establish retail pricepoints for the rest of the line.

You only have to look at their website to see how badly they need to get a handle on things...thankfully, they've abandoned the cringeworthy Engrish product descriptions, but now say fuck all - if I'm looking to spend £125 on a hoody, I'd like at least a basic product description to let me know what's so special about it, beyond the branding.

Or these:

http://international.evisu.com/collections/fit-slim-mens/products/jeans-gold

They're correctly linked as a 0005 cut when you want to view jeans in that cut, but then have the size chart for a 0001 cut linked when you go through the pictures.

For the 0200 cut:

http://international.evisu.com/collections/fit-modern-mens-0200/products/classic-plain-pocket-modern-fit-jeans

The linked size chart actually looks like a 0005 size chart - it even looks like they've photoshopped the chart to add a '2' and black out the '5'. And the measurements are wildly different from the 0200 Lazy S jeans that were available in the States - again, the measurements shown look like the 0005 measurements.

These are schoolboy errors, and one that actually makes the company look very unprofessional indeed. Not having proper online info hardly invites people to order via their website...

/rant