What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Woke up this morning, and decided to go for a bike with my beautiful girlfriend "Meow"...

x2o4f7.jpg

Stopped for coffee, and sat in something holy on the cathedral lawn...

qs5yxc.jpg

Got back, and needed to chill befor the impending yet very premature soak of my RRL's....

zvzjnr.jpg

Last look at two straight months....

swg391.jpg

finally completed my new aptartment move, got my cat back from "Beatle" haha

2vtt7xv.jpg

Guest chiquita_chaser

I went for a walk in the hills with my Lee 101. Usually they don't get much wear, but all my APCs are getting repairjobs. The 101 is top quality though.

villagez.jpg

I wondered what killed this bird. Its deathpose looks like the pose of the nazi eagles. Nothing implied though. It's a pretty bird. I'm sorry it died.

bird.jpg

Found some green rocks to stand on.

rockz.jpg

Watched my sister paint a garbagestand. Paved some driveway. Had coffee with her boyfriend.

coffeez.jpg

Easter holiday doing nothing idling out, going walking working swimming fishing, passing time and hanging out

Another Mid week camping trip. Boy Im not too excited about starting work again in a few weeks. We went to The Escondido area to check out 2 places that had been heavily hyped up to us as great swimming holes, but They both turned out to be just ok, both were really shallow so Jumping off bigger cliffs was not an option. The were both gorgeous areas (minus shitty tagging all over one) so it was still a great trip and we got to see a pretty intense sunset from our campsite.

Hiking up the road to head down to black canyon falls.

IMG_6235.jpg

At the falls.

IMG_6211.jpg

A quick dip.

Picture-2.jpg

Drove about an hour out to get to the campsite and Prepare for the longer trip tomorrow.

HDR shot of sunset. it was crazy because the Clouds were Jet black all night but we only got like a 2 minute misting in the middle of the night. Got much colder than I expected also.

Eagle-Peak-Sunset1.jpg

Non HDR. AMAZING SUNSET.

Eagle-Peak-Sunset2.jpg

Feelin Epic in the 10 minutes of perfect Sunlight before dark.

IMG_6237.jpg

Next morning drove a few miles to the cedar creek falls trailhead. This chunk of the National forest was Amazing.

IMG_6269.jpg

HUGE mountaintop waterfall off the side of the trail.

IMG_6277.jpg

Me on the trail. About to descend 1500. Gotta love trails that start at the top so that walk back is extra not fun after a day of swimming.

IMG_6288.jpg

Tons of amazing Flowers in bloom. California rarely looks like this down south. Best time of the year IMO.

IMG_6291.jpg

CONT....

DANGER! DANGER! Actually tons of drunk and or not so smart people die at this spot with an alarming frequency.

IMG_6294.jpg

Hiking down to the waterfall top before we doubled back to swim at the bottom.

IMG_6296.jpg

Top of the falls looking down. I have a heights thing so I was like laying on my belly peeping over haha.

IMG_6300.jpg

IMG_6304.jpg

Bottom, and time to swim at last. The water was Ungodly cold.

IMG_6315.jpg

Ropeswing.

Picture-8.jpg

Me and my buddy double jumpin.

Picture-7.jpg

One last one of the falls.

IMG_6320.jpg

Thedoad - what awesome scenery!! Nice updates from everyone!

I guess this is my Easter WAYJDT....

Part 1:

Started VERY early this AM.... I wrapped up a few choco eggs, and hid them in various places along the trail we use for our morning walk with the pups...

So when we headed out for our hike, our little girl got the map, with the "treasure" clues! :)

It was chilly out, but we were definitely over-dressed!

sillypic.jpg

Here's one of the choco egg locations.... A few years back, we had massive flooding in the GTA. This is one of many gigantic trees that was up-rooted.

bigtree2.jpg

We played here for a while, pretending we were Na'Vi!

After the pups were well tired out, they & my LVC stayed at home for a nap, and we headed out to meet some friends & their kids, for a long bike ride.

Non-drive side shot, but this is my ride:

Lemond.jpg

What I was wearing (jacket got stripped off real quick!):

waywt1-13.jpg

Breaking in my new gloves, haha! :D

KnogGloves.jpg

We started off on the Humber Trail, down & across the lakeshore, culminating with a park & Starbucks!

First long ride of the year for the kids: 35km - pretty good.

En route:

enroute.jpg

Lakeshore (a friend & her little girl) - keeping an eye out at the intersections:

trafficlight.jpg

At the park:

Playground.jpg

Part 2:

The ride back was a lot slower... Tired kids, and huge crowds everywhere.

Before we left, we stopped in to see my buddy Chris, at his store: CORE. Awesome place for BMX & skate. I am really tempted by the longboards:

Chris.jpg

longboards.jpg

Got home, showered off & back into my jeans:

waywt2-11.jpg

Then it was out to dinner! We hit up a middle eastern place... Had a hard time getting photos of food because everyone was ravenous!

Fig walnut salad:

figwalnut.jpg

Mmmmm... Chicken shawarma:

chickenshawarma.jpg

Finally, since our little girl is so into "Avatar", I've been toying around on Photoshop, trying to make her one of her very own. Here's where I got to so far! Needs more work.... So I'll keep going with it tonight!

Navi.jpg

Happy Easter everyone! :)

thedoad- that HDR shot is unreal. Great adventures! Can't rep.

My jeans started out the day at the local bakery, a Saturday tradition for me and my daughter.

photoox.jpg

Then, my jeans read an article about Jean Shop while my daughter got her hair cut (yeah).

photo1p.jpg

Got home and did some test strips for new leather dyes...

leatherssm.jpg

My daughter went to a friend's for the afternoon, so my jeans vacuumed and mopped the entire house (no vis).

Tired. Need a break...

waywtd.jpg

On a whim, I decided to soak my MFSC 7161s. I wanted to wait another month, but they were getting nasty.

jeanssoak.jpg

Drip dry

jeansdry.jpg

Tonight my jeans and I went to an art opening.

4488132199_46db7c4149_o.jpg

4488782266_19e4fe6027_o.jpg

4488782328_2a5278463c_o.jpg

This extremely well-dressed homeless guy is at all the openings at this place, and puts a serious dent in the snacks and cheap red wine. He was wearing a nice vintage-looking mohair peacoat.

4488132495_8c58bb17bd_o.jpg

This guy gave an unsolicited twenty minute harmonica jam, then a free lecture on 9/11 conspiracy theory. He also suggested I pay him for taking his picture (I didn't).

4488782642_2e2fabd8c4_o.jpg

This guy was actually quite handsome and seemed completely normal until the girl he was with looked away for a split second.

4488132337_a84d8339e3_o.jpg

Some art.

4488782450_6ced0900bf_o.jpg

Some fashion.

4488132437_3e4fbbcffb_o.jpg

This picture of me isn't so great, but just as it was taken a hipster girl was walking by with a group of drunken friends, and she pointed at me and said, in this very deliberate and matter of fact tone, "rockabilly". Her friends filed past and looked at me blurily and slightly bored, the way you would look at the not very interesting animals at the zoo.

4488782720_76f0a35097_o.jpg

well, well. great posts from all, AS USUAL!

went wandering in Iowa today, still without an editor here at the old family place, so i picked some photos that looked ok with minimal touch ups. mainly a few cool buildings.

most of these are from the Amana colonies, really cool little german town where you can get some great (hopefully) "authentic" german food and drink, as well as colonial german inspired touristy gifts, etc. my mom really likes this place, and its fun for all ages, so grandparents and little one's alike had a good day today.

i think i was trying to take a "cool" picture of myself, wow facebook profile pic here I come...ha. but the waywt nonetheless

4488389911_3048555d84.jpg

This is the woolen mill, there was a water wheel and some other stuff, but the flood 2 years ago here destroyed it...they're in the process of rebuilding alot of this stuff...they make really comfy socks and scarves. sweaters are a bit boxy for my taste, but good quality stuff.

4488411405_cdf57e4a25.jpg

4488387863_011a54b2c6.jpg

4488390595_ee66d077a1.jpg

not much traffic on the road so i braved this shot, told the people in the car to please yell if there was a car coming from behind me...

4488427929_446dc0c76c_o.jpg

grabbed a couple beers (dead guy ale and a single wide IPA)

4489040266_d4e0da963e.jpg

and this is the good old tri-color collie Hogan, my childhood dog. still kickin it.

4489035744_ae360ba646.jpg

oh I forgot, have a good easter everyone

went to the annual Easter scooter-rally that took place in my town this year.Hamburg scooterist met up at Friday afternoon to ride to the campsite:

4492476533_05cee86231.jpg

this girl is just 2 years and sits in a sidecar attatched to her dads Vespa:

4493113560_c58b1076c5.jpg

as soon as i reached the site it was time to warm up for the night,means getting drunk and meeting old friends i havent seen for years(at this time my state of drunkeness wasnt that visible):

4493113670_bbb550a69f.jpg4492477297_9b5b7f587b.jpg

taking clean pics wasnt that easy at this time:

4492477229_7ec91aac38.jpg

a little more under the influence:

4493113702_92022b8d18.jpg

dont know why switched to BW

4493113974_32b0ba06c5.jpg

but even this night of alcohol and drug-abuse came to an end in the early morning.I dropped my camera twice,still works without any problems,broke my shades(looks repairable) and soaked my A-2 and Denimes in Beer,Coke and mud.

so yeah,that night was on of my best since a few years.

Next afternoon the incredible Inciters from Chicago played a mini-gig:

4493114500_190dbbb42d.jpg

4492478071_d961c88753.jpg

after that i felt sober enough to ride back home safely.

Great pics. I like the way they get more blurred in synchronisation with your alcohol content. You obviously need a camera with image stabilisation (which is also resistant to drops and beer-proof).

Shocking how all our days on here are centred around alcohol...

Z and Roy, great shots and stories as usual.

workin in the studio. putting together lights and retouching photos. weird angle/distortion because this was taken with the camera on a 27" imac, tilted down, and i look tiny because the workspace counter is raised up so you can be standing at the computer/whatever, instead of sitting.

4510waywt.jpg

Today my jeans and I got rid of my mohawk (see this post for more mohawk)

Pre-hawk:

4495490355_71f8beee2a.jpg

Mid-hawk:

4496131440_42e58614a5_m.jpg

4495493481_94e62d76f8_m.jpg

(wearing some western shirt from Urban Outfitters)

and Post-hawk:

4495494001_7e83a46925.jpg

And yeah, my shaving utensils are in an Ernie and Bert cup. I just need to upgrade to legit safety razor or straight blade.

Finally! Victory! I actually made it out of Kampala for a weekend, with the intent aim of... relaxing!

I didn't even bring my computer. That is serious dedication to the cause. It also helps that the law was on my side.... human subjects research regulations restrict me from being toooo loose with where I take my computer (since it contains data on human subjects research... uh... subjects).

To set the scene: remember the bedraggled tone of my post about field pretesting in Rakai, tack on a few massively hectic round-the-clock work-days and a delightful half-day spent trying to trans-continentally resolve trans-continental identity theft/bank-account-fraud until 12:30am Thursday (er... Friday).

IMG_1212.jpg

Getting out of Kampala makes me feel like this

Funfortunately Uganda was experiencing a nation-wide gasoline shortage. We found a station with fuel and decided to be smart and fill up a few extra jerry-cans to be safe. We tossed ("placed") them in the trunk, loaded up, and hit the road. The smell of gasoline was bothersome, but we figured it would air out and go away. Buuuut it didn't. In fact, it got progressively worse. Finally, after deciding we'd probably killed off enough brain-cells to forget about work, we decided to pull over and investigate. Sure enough, one of the jerry cans (read: former vegetable oil container) had a leak. Terrific. We found someone with a spare, transferred the fuel and yours truly got his Macguyver on:

IMG_1214.jpg

(my favorite moment of this experience was when a girl walked by and asked us if that was gasoline or wine. Because logically we'd be tying jugs of wine to the back of our car?)

IMG_1221.jpg

Repping the Northern Hemisphere. Hard.

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

A bit of a frontier-town feel, eh?

We made it to Mbarara before sun-down, at which point the driver expressed her desire to switch (she'd been behind the wheel for about 6.5 hours). "Sure" your fearless narrator thought, "I can do this! I've driven twice for a total of 20 minutes in Kampala in a compact sedan, driving a lifted SUV at night on country roads for 2.5 hours should be no sweat!"

I have NEVER worked so hard driving, nor been so exhausted afterwards. No streetlights, narrow roads, rampant pot-holes, oncoming drivers who feel the need to remind you of their presence by turning their high-beams on right when they pass, and the fact that African folks wearing dark clothing at night are damn hard to see... it was an adventure, to say the least!

We stopped in Kabale and wolfed down one of the fastest meals I have ever seen four people concurrently eat - we were almost to the lake and ready to be there. The restaurant staff were clearly STOKED to have gotten the bazungu (for all of 5 minutes). Added to the general theme of fuel-related safety by hacking a small water bottle in half with my leatherman, sticking the small end in the gas tank, and, while Jill poured the extra fuel from the (vegetable oil) jug through water bottle, stabbing an air-hole in the back of the jug to prevent "glugging". Twice (two jugs of extra fuel) Macguyver round two, complete.

The boat ride across the black water in the black night surrounded by little black islands under a massively star-studded sky made it all worthwhile.

As did seeing where I was when I woke up the next morning.

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

Reppin' the restaurant i worked at through university, and some Tellason Strummers

IMG_0629.jpg

Enjoyed the cool weather with some cribbage

IMG_0607.jpg

Pretty stoked on that hand.

If it can be climbed on, it will be climbed on.

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

"A UGANDAN CRESTED CRANE A UGANDAN CRESTED CRANE A UGANDAN CRESTED CRANE!!" (Uganda's national bird, on the flag and the state seal)

IMG_0663.jpg

Unlucky belt

IMG_0667.jpg

Dinner!

IMG_0677.jpg

School bus...

IMG_0678.jpg

To school.

IMG_0692.jpg

This country is insultingly beautiful (once you get out of Kampala...)

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

I drove this road two nights previously in the pitch black... makes me feel even better about my driving experience!

IMG_0707.jpg

Not too shabby of a weekend. Aaaaand now I'm back to the stress-mess that is my life in Kampala.

sigh... when do I get to go back?