What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

On Wednesday, we went hiking

saturday021.jpgsaturday025.jpgsaturday038.jpgsaturday036.jpg

these guys were intense

saturday041.jpg

my mom and aunt are really interested in rocks and crystals and their spiritual properties so I decided to go with them to get a rock to keep in the pocket of my new black STF's... I chose Tektite.

saturday050.jpg

All things considered, Sedona is pretty cool place, but I was excited to get back to my dorm and the comforts of city life

saturday052.jpg

riff - great post man. such a beautiful location.

my SExIH07BK spent the day test driving a number of trucks. tthe highlight was finalizing the deal on my new tundra. with all the bad press, i'm getting a new tundra for $7K below sticker ($3K below invoice). mine won't be as lifted as this right off the bat (doing a 3/1 level with Icon Stage 5 kit), but it probably will have a 6" lift in a year or two.

4449107186_c0ab2557ea.jpg

now i just have to wait for the dang thing to arrive from the factory in san antonio!

the evening was spent with my 2 leading ladies (fiance and future mum-in-law) shopping at Horton Plaza followed by a really good sushi dinner at the Fish Market. best uni i've had in a long time!

icon7.gif

lowrider, congrats on your new ride! looking great!

alright at the expense of making myself sound like a glutton, here's a quick post.

had a good breakfast this morning at some cafe just round the corner where im currently staying.

poached eggs, mushrooms, beans, spinach, potatoes.

utf-8BX01HXzExMzQuanBn.jpg

here's a closeup of the cinnamon toast, this one is really really good.

utf-8BX01HXzExNDMuanBn.jpg

girlfriend had the pancakes, one of the best tasting ones i've ever had.

utf-8BX01HXzExMzUuanBn.jpg

anybody who is living in sydney should pop by this cafe (can't remember the name but its just 2 or 3 shops away from fair trade coffee) for their amazing breakfast. definitely one of the highlights of my week.

not exactly a lowrider now is it? ;)

Lol! Nonetheless, that's a sweet ride, lowrider! Sounds like you got an awesome deal! Pics when you take delivery pls!!

Some folks also pointed this out to me.....

boys1.jpg

=

llama2.jpg

and

llama1.jpg

Ahahahaha!!! :)

riff, I thought your dogs were golden doodles? My daughter has a small labradoodle with her mom, and I'd just like to echo how great they are. But, if you don't keep up with the brushing, it's off to the groomers for a shave! :)

Yesterday my jeans played "petanque" ("boules", French bocci ball) against the French ambassador and his wife... and got schooled. The ambassador's wife is a real shit-talker too!

IMG_0462.jpg

Then my jeans discovered that my ass can no longer fit in those rad shopping cart-cars for kids.

IMG_0478.jpg

Feels weird not to be wearing my SExDBxS09's, after wearing them probably 360 out or the last 365 days.

Moving on to some Tellason Strummers as my daily-walkers.

didn't know there were many mucks on here in the twin cities. makes me a little nervous about going around town.. had been at the falls just before those pictures were taken by the looks of it.

Don't be nervous...we're in the Twin Cities. It's hard to be dubious in the land of Heggie's pizza, great shows every night, and five-star food at next-to-nothing prices.

My jeans had a busy week. First the post a few pages back, Then a 3 day backpacking trip in the sespe Wilderness. They only came out at night because it was hot as hell and there were like 8 river crossings each way. 3 days of awesome camping with friends. 22 miles of so of hiking. Might be the nicest hot springs Ive seen in CA yet.

Jeans are hiding out in the red backpack.

IMG_5692.jpg

Its hot. Checking mileage on GPS.

IMG_5698.jpg

We arrive 10 miles later to the springs just before dark.

IMG_5726.jpg

No jeans allowed.

IMG_5740.jpg

View from campsite right below Hot springs.

IMG_5764.jpg

Tossed on the jeans and the wool sweater. Cold night. Real cold.

IMG_5847.jpg

Coyote guards the Campsite.

IMG_5853.jpg

Next time I'll try to get more Jeans in there.

Oh yeah! it's camping season.

@thedoad What part of cal is that in? Looks like a great spot.

The trail Starts behind Fillmore Ca, and ends near Ojai. Southern California. Near the 101 and the 33 about 1.5 - 2 hours Noth of Los Angeles.

Thanks for Rep. Everyone! Im pretty pumped that its swimming season here.

Coyote guards the Campsite.

IMG_5853.jpg

Dude, that's a mule deer. Watch out for mountain lions! Great photos :) It needs to warm up a little here before I can break out the camping gear. I'm looking forward to it.

Dude, that's a mule deer. Watch out for mountain lions! Great photos :) It needs to warm up a little here before I can break out the camping gear. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks. We were just guessing coyote but it did seem a little big. There were bones / skulls all over the place off the trail. It is prime Mountain Lion country.

Last week I saw my first big cat in the flesh, Luckily i was in a car. We came around a bend and it saw us then jumped up an almost vertical wall in the canyon. totally gone.

Tonight my family went out with the in laws to have a great big family dinner. My jeans had to stay home to finish a 27 page paper due wednesday. They have 8 pages down so far...Lonely night at home.

My jeans skated to a local diner about 3 long blocks from my house.

DSC00644.jpg

The place is called Apollos. They offer a cheeseburger meal for a grand total of $5.03. It comes with Cheeseburger, fries, and unlimted refills on soda.

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

My city basically goes to sleep by 8pm at night. Streets are pretty damn empty by then. I love my little town (:

DSC00646.jpg

Street light manifesto!

went shooting in some new places today after work. had a hell of a time.

Began at a large train switching yard between saint paul and minneapolis, drove up to this old watertower overlooking the mississippi by the university of Minnesota, and finished up in minneapolis by the old district on the north outskirts of the university, right by the new football stadium. all really cool old neighborhoods of the cities.

4458929510_e7f42a4641.jpg

4458149923_221171fdf2.jpg

4458930070_aaf38fb912.jpg

4458932138_cef2149387.jpg

4458151405_9d1d1a9166.jpg

4458931754_6368477df7.jpg

4458150499_a52fecf6d1.jpg

4458931182_37463c61cf.jpg

4458931020_0f8fe79bc3.jpg

4458930624_c381e42b92.jpg

outfit shots are in the WAYWT thread...

went to Camanche lake today

looked like Jurassic Park out there this morning

IMG_0112.jpg

tried to catch money banded snow geese to get the money.

IMG_0121.jpg

saw an owl

IMG_0132.jpg

fished

IMG_0144.jpg

saw a rock that looked like a gorilla face

IMG00028-20100323-1408.jpg

ran the boat

IMG00029-20100323-1442.jpg

moved around the lake a lot. calm day

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

caught some fish

76416246.jpg

woke up early this morning to go for a walkaround at sydney fish market with the girlfriend. pretty interesting place, considering how i havent been to a market in years. it was good and the food was really good.

here we are, an obligatory shot of the fishmarket

_MG_1235.jpg

some fishing trawler owned by an italian. there was this huge board outside which showed pictures of the owners of these trawlers and they were all italians in their italian cut suits and stuff. damn i didnt know you could make that much money fishing.

_MG_1258-1.jpg

prawns and prawns

_MG_1238.jpg

fish heads

_MG_1239.jpg

oysters. one had bacon and the other one was with cheese (i think). not too shabby for 2AUD each.

_MG_1241.jpg

what else should you eat at a fishmarket other than raw salmon. damn this sashimi was real fresh. wasnt too cheap but what the hell. wasabi and soy sauce complemented it well.

_MG_1244.jpg

then came the highlight of the meal where we got ourselves the grilled platter for 1. assortment of calamari, squid, fish, prawns, oysters, scallop and complemented with chips. pretty worth it i say.

_MG_1243.jpg

finally after all that, we ended it off with this homemade peppermint and chip ice cream. it was really really good, the pictures dont do justice. the ice cream was really rich and the cookie complemented the ice cream really well. damn, now i want another one.

_MG_1254.jpg

and so that was my day.

My boy had his birthday the night before I left for NY...

Dinner...

IMG_0496.jpg

Someone's Custon Cortez's...

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

The beginning of the end... (This caused me to miss my flight and luckily caught the next one on standbye. Shots, Drinks, Beers = B-Day Boys Hand.)

IMG_0499.jpg

My IHE-05 and IH-634S traveling on The NJ Transit to get my haircut...

IMG_0551-1.jpg

The Donation...

IMG_0542-1.jpg

Walking home from the train I wanted to show off my new haircut...

IMG_0553-1.jpg

Flying into The Bay...

PlaneJFKtoSFO.jpg

Today I ran some errands. Grabbed some much needed fuel!

LighterAmmo.jpg

And sent some SOLD items out. (Shipping is getting mad expensive!!!)

ShippingWoes.jpg