What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Part 1...

got up, had been up all night with a sick little one.

4437125998_7e007a24f0.jpg

got dressed, tired, attempted a WAYWT

4437124640_d4d8e57d3c.jpg

got a nap in while the little one slept off some food poisoning...then woke up and made some Ojiya for lunch (and a glass of wine, cuz hell, its my day off) and it was a hell of a day!

4437125486_610df35d26.jpg

tofu, check.

4436349893_e34110d3ee.jpg

miso, and rice, check.

4436349701_9c6442e0f6.jpg

finally, crack an egg over the top.

4436350281_ab6b972975.jpg

and serve appropriately...

4437125854_47fa0b0cfa.jpg

Part 2...

The young one was feeling 1000% better, so we went for a walk to Minnehaha Falls, apparently down my soon to be vacated street...

4437124794_90420a3865.jpg

little one played in the dirt

4436349547_331f2aa1b3.jpg

failed attempt to catch the sunset in a reflection.

4436399223_b14949ac03.jpg

some birds took off, beautiful sky tonight

4437175072_196df16d85.jpg

finally got to the falls around sunset...

4436399427_6a11a2acfa.jpg

She was being a character...

4437174868_7d12a8cbb6.jpg

sunset over the falls.

4436394345_d8b9e29843.jpg

sunset over the Mississippi as we walked down the river road on the way home...

4437169442_f2df8d16e6.jpg

and back to the neighborhood. great day and night!

4436399987_24b1f2ee31.jpg

There's a nice little Twin Cities group here on sufu. Soviettes will be playing (!) at the Turf Club on the 19th, if you guys would like to meet up and perv on each other's denims.

Can't drag my wife out anywhere cos she's a workaholic. I'll probably just be bullshitting with Josh or B.J. at the bar. I'll pm starwars tomorrow or thursday, see if he's interested (or maybe he'll see this). It would be fun!

reposting quickly from earlier this week but went to a pretty sick show tonight. band is The Big Pink, out of London. really killer sound, huge following here in Minneapolis, thanks to the Current radio station. my buddy gave me a ticket earlier today, so i couldn't plan ahead and get a photographer pass for my camera (they don't allow "pro gear" i.e. SLR's in the door, but the pass is pretty easy to get at First Ave.) , so I had to take shots with my BB, they suck. but hey, it was a great night.

WAYWT

4444949684_867031b104.jpg

4444940310_d0149179f9.jpg

4444940480_1c0df8e4b9.jpg

4444940606_a6ee66ae9d.jpg

4444168955_8c850577a9.jpg

Cheers.

Cool, -Z-. I was going to see that show but some friends wanted to see a different band at Triple Rock. Fuck...The Current has been making First Ave sell out shows since its inception.

btw, starwars is in Madison right now. I'll be at that Soviettes show regardless, so let me know if you are going! I guess it's going to be Awesome Snakes' final performance too, so I ain't missing it.

Their sound was so much more rich and intense live. Their musicianship was very impressive. Sick beats, great live drumming and really cool guitar work and feedback manipulation. I loved their record, this performance far exceeded that. If you get a chance see them!

had a job interview today so my jeans were waiting at home.

IMG_0192.jpg

after the interview i had lunch. Fuck., First time wearing it too, hope it comes out, any suggestions (from toasted salami sandwich)IMG_0193.jpg

wore my italian dress shoes today, i feel fancy

IMG_0194.jpg

and as fancy as i feel im glad to be home to throw my kmw's on.

IMG_0197.jpg

There's a nice little Twin Cities group here on sufu. Soviettes will be playing (!) at the Turf Club on the 19th, if you guys would like to meet up and perv on each other's denims.

didn't know there were many mucks on here in the twin cities. makes me a little nervous about going around town.. had been at the falls just before those pictures were taken by the looks of it.

the other day my jeans came to school and taught my students about the physical and functional attributes and specifications of various fabrics

physical.jpg

then they did some reading

functional.jpg

then they signed a tenancy agreement for my new house, they stopped and looked at the view from the 3rd floor bedroom

attributes.jpg

Today me and my IH301S decided to go hiking.

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

Walking around on the trails is pretty tiring sometimes

DSC00610.jpg

So we take a break by a the stream (:

Careful not to fall in!

DSC00603.jpg

Finally at the end of a nice hike, the tired walk back to the car

DSC00618.jpg

When i got home i was greeted by this friendly face (:

DSC00622.jpg

yeaa He was happy to see me haha

DSC00626.jpg

quiet saturday today, bummed around at home for a bit before deciding to go out to the park to sit around for a bit before going for dinner at pancake on the rocks in darling harbour.

some new favourite drink i discovered today with lovely packaging. they don't have this where i come from.

utf-8BX01HXzExMTMuanBn.jpg

ham and bacon pizza at pancake on the rocks, a little overrated this was.

utf-8BX01HXzExMjcuanBn.jpg

the ribs were oh so good though. grilled to perfection with this real smoky taste.

utf-8BX01HXzExMjYuanBn.jpg

big big pancakes fan. it was gooooood but the strawberries could be sweeter.

utf-8BX01HXzExMjguanBn.jpg

and here's the complementary fit pic of my 5010xx 6x6's at the park.

utf-8BX01HXzExNTguanBn.jpg

hope to post soon, have a good weekend sufu.

Hey guys! :)

Whoa, I've been off for a week & there's a lot of catching up to do! Some great fits & posts... Will come back & rep when I can!

Excuse the long multi-post to follow.... My little girl was off for March break, so we headed up to the cottage for a week. So I guess this is more of a "what did your jeans do last week" series of posts! I think my 47s got a months' worth of "normal" wear in our one week away!

Part 1:

This was the first time the pups had been in the car for more than an hour - our drive was 6+ hours, and the little guy started puking after 30 minutes... :(

But we had lots of towels & made it!

Springtime in the Laurentians is amazing when the weather is just right. We had beautiful, sunny weather all week, with enough snow left for lots of fun.

Typical daily wear:

waywt1-6.jpg

My parents had built this place when I was a kid, and we spent every weekend & summer here. The outside of the house is very understated: plain brown shingles & a slant roof. But the inside is cozy. My mum made all the rugs hanging on the walls (you might tell that she liked the impressionists & Picasso!), and my dad did the paintings...

Entryway.jpg

LR1.jpg

LR2.jpg

Fireplace.jpg

We're on a private lake, in the back of beyond, so it's remote & quiet - devoid of noise, light & pollution.

deck.jpg

birches.jpg

Here's my attempt at capturing a panoramic view of the lake:

panorama.jpg

Part 2:

We found new adventures every day! First, we thought we'd try our hand at panning for gold!

panningforgold.jpg

We didn't find any this time, but we'll try again! :)

We hiking in the snowy woods every day, trying out different trails each time. There was a good 3-4 feet of heavy, wet snow everywhere, and we pretty much post-holed our way along.

The effect of trying to get out, after having sunk hip-deep:

denimprint.jpg

Oh oh! A lost boot! Took a while to get it out!

lostboot.jpg

The pups couldn't get enough of the place! Snow is definitely their element!

boys3.jpg

boys2.jpg

Yep, it's a dog's life! Kicking back & vegging out!

Rufusrelaxing.jpg

Part 3:

We pretty much just brought the clothes on our backs. The closets are filled with 70s vintage 60/40 parkas & 80s vintage Patagonia fleece!

withboys.jpg

We ran into a lot of these guys on our hikes:

burrs.jpg

So the daily ritual included some extra-long grooming sessions for the pups!!

Much of the trip was consumed with the endless maintenance activities that a vacation home requires: removing downed trees, fixing the leak in the roof, etc, etc....

But it was a great trip! And the little guy got gravol for the ride home! :)

ontrail12.jpg

So the daily ritual included some extra-long grooming sessions for the pups!!

Much of the trip was consumed with the endless maintenance activities that a vacation home requires: removing downed trees, fixing the leak in the roof, etc, etc....

But it was a great trip! And the little guy got gravol for the ride home! :)

ontrail12.jpg

i wonder how you keep those hair of your pups untangled??? they always look so neat and clean!!! btw this is really a nice looking breed,... since i am in the market for a second dog,... maybe i should have a look at "labradoodles"? :)

Thanks superscore! :)

I grew up with labs, but took a closer look at labradoodles when our little girl started campaigning for dogs!

Re keeping them neat, we brush them every day or second day - no biggie, just do it while watching TV!

Also, they don't shed, bonus! :P

All in all, a really nice, smart, gentle, family-friendly breed - I highly recommend them!

riff - great post man. such a beautiful location.

my SExIH07BK spent the day test driving a number of trucks. tthe highlight was finalizing the deal on my new tundra. with all the bad press, i'm getting a new tundra for $7K below sticker ($3K below invoice). mine won't be as lifted as this right off the bat (doing a 3/1 level with Icon Stage 5 kit), but it probably will have a 6" lift in a year or two.

4449107186_c0ab2557ea.jpg

now i just have to wait for the dang thing to arrive from the factory in san antonio!

the evening was spent with my 2 leading ladies (fiance and future mum-in-law) shopping at Horton Plaza followed by a really good sushi dinner at the Fish Market. best uni i've had in a long time!

icon7.gif