What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

so today my friends and i met up after work for a farewell dinner for a friend who is moving to philly to do his housemanship (if that was the term i remembered correctly). good pal of mine and will he will be missed by us but oh well, for greener pastures!

R1003310.jpg

here is me at work, packing up my shit after work and making a bow out of my electronics cables.

R1003319.jpg

i have a love hate relationship with public transport in my country. there are times (think mornings at 9am) where the trains can get so damned pack you can breathe the musty smell of the neck of the guy in front of you, but there are other times the train is just so empty and clean and comfortably air-conditioned in this hell-like humid weather. this was a good time. nothing better than clean and efficient public transport.

R1003313.jpg

of course i do check my pants out every once in a while, even while on public transport.

R1003315.jpg

denim is really pretty nice. being such a nerd, i got off at the wrong stops not once, but twice in a row as i made my journey to meet my mates for dinner.

R1003320.jpg

headed to this restaurant in little india called taj SOMETHING (cant remember what). its this little restaurant that sells REALLY good indian food at non-cut throat prices.

R1003321.jpg

some local as well as indian favourite fan fares.

R1003324.jpg

we got some naan to share. basically it is made up of flour and if theres anything close to it, you might want to think of tortilla bread. i dont know.. probably! you can eat it on its own but most of the time i eat it with some meat, be it mutton or chicken.

R1003322.jpg

here is the butter chicken which was amazing. i love shit like this. a little expensive for butter chicken at a location like this but extremely value for money. this was delicious.

R1003323.jpg

my friend got some chicken briyani which looked pretty much delicious. i got the chicken tika briyani which is actually tandoori chicken but without the bones/cartilage. the briyani rice was the best that i have ever eaten.

being chinese, i can safely assume that i have eaten a fuckload of rice in my life and i must say the rice here is so loose, my friend vulgarly likened it to whore's vagina.

R1003325.jpg

here comes the interesting part, while they do serve you your food, you have to eventually prepare to eat it yourself. they served us empty plates and we initially though they were going to serve us rice scooped onto the plate. but noooooooo.

R1003326.jpg

the food actually comes in a claypot, which is pretty weird because i have never ever eaten indian food out of a claypot. but if you tink you have to scoop your rice onto the plate, you're wrong.

R1003327.jpg

in the blink of an eye, you have to invert the claypot onto the plate. and no, THEY WILL NEVER DO IT FOR YOU. even though i never really asked to find out why but its a weird experience watching some of my friends do it and having a fuckload of rice go onto their pants.

R1003328.jpg

pop your cover up and there you have it. this is MY chicken tika briyani. it was really really good but i have to say there could be more chicken though. rice is really top notch.

R1003330.jpg

of course what better thing to do after a dinner farewell than to sit around and reminisce on old times. afterall we've all known each other for 11 years or so, so there was plenty to talk about. good times and we wished our friend who was leaving the best of luck. it would be nice to take a trip to US when he ends school. who knows what roads and paths we will all end up in eventually. good times.

isnt sg a big country made up of nerds? sorry my whole fam is there on vaca now for a week me and the wife stuck here cause shes fucking pregnant and has to rest up

so t

R1003320.jpg

headed to this restaurant in little india called taj SOMETHING (cant remember what). its this little restaurant that sells REALLY good indian food at non-cut throat prices.

Ran, is this restaurant at the corner lot?

I went there last time, the menu looks familiar to me lol. need to go back to spore for some Zam-zam Murtabak opposite the mosque, couldnt recall what thats place called but i usually make sure to go there everytime i visit :D

I actually had a semi eventful day for a change

We ran out to a state park to take in the sights, it got overcast so we just sort of walked around and took silly pictures.

eaccc43e.jpg

7fea83b9.jpg

We'd been anticipating a call about a house for rent in Elwood, the town we work in. In addition to leaving the petting zoo smell of Lexington we'll be able to walk the 2 blocks to work saving us anywhere from $100-120 a month in fuel. REALLY EXCITING NEWS! So we went out for a celebratory dinner.

b661678a.jpg

efec5524.jpg

39b3a6a1.jpg

37941fa7.jpg

08b10d49.jpg

Ran, is this restaurant at the corner lot?

I went there last time, the menu looks familiar to me lol. need to go back to spore for some Zam-zam Murtabak opposite the mosque, couldnt recall what thats place called but i usually make sure to go there everytime i visit :D

yes its just opposite mustafa. ive never heard of this place right up till yesterday when my friend introduced it to me.

zam zam murtabak is really good! highly recommended. you pick the right food choices my friend!

need to go back to spore for some Zam-zam Murtabak opposite the mosque, couldnt recall what thats place called but i usually make sure to go there everytime i visit :D

@LC, ZamZam is near Arab Street, and this area is going to be a cool, chilling place for tourist and even locals. Some nice shops you can find there :)

@Doc, I have always dream of a meal on Seine river. Your pics make me urge even more :)

Must spread.

Went to Haagen Dazs and a steak place for dinner tonight. It was good.

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

Found this 5 liter wine at the steak place

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

Between ranon, doc & forbidden, the food posts are killing me!

So to kick off the long weekend, we took the little one to the Ontario Science Centre.

As we got there, it was great to see some signs of spring!

ed37c104.jpg

We came to see the "Nature Unleased" exhibition. It was quite interesting, covering off topics like earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, and hurricanes/tornadoes.

No photos allowed, of course :rolleyes:

Then we headed over to the activity area, where she could play & explore - along with the sixty gadzillion other kids on holiday.

Taking a break

351ab1ed.jpg

They had just learned about circuits, so she spent a lot of time playing with this setup:

90742e80.jpg

Then off to learn about anatomy!

c90b94f3.jpg

3e26bb55.jpg

Hmmmm

fc087800.jpg

One of my favourite displays:

0b80274d.jpg

What interested me a lot was a very cool mini-exhibit on steampunk:

fe140c20.jpg

8984152a.jpg

e32f90bb.jpg

90b832ef.jpg

bbec70ed.jpg

I thought Mrs Riff would look very alluring in this...

132c322c.jpg

e0a9d2d6.jpg

8a4aad94.jpg

23f62973.jpg

Now back home and going to head out for a mini- training ride! I say mini, cuz the nipper is going to join me! And we'll probably spent more time at playgrounds than riding!

bc2c3fdb.jpg

Yesterday I did a little bicycle tour with the lady to a megalithic grave near her home. Those graves were build around 3500 BC! During archeological excavation in the 1930s there were 10.000 items found like pottery, stones axes, arrowheads made of stone, etc.

P1030027.jpg

The first grave

P1030028.jpg

P1030030.jpg

Posing next to the stones (they weigh up to 4 tonnes)

P1030038.jpg

The second grave

P1030039.jpg

Inside the grave

P1030041.jpg

P1030042.jpg

Looking out of the grave

P1030040.jpg

There are quite a lot of those megalithic graves in my region

This just arrived from Hinoya

5646776772_dd912fd596.jpg

Two on the left are from SENY, the other three are from Hinoya

5646777230_5418e1d8d4.jpg

Love the pattern and the loose weave on the flannel

5646211653_36623a7f81.jpg

Selvage accents on the Chambray

5646777496_046510c407.jpg

More selvage on the oxford

5646777752_9736c02814.jpg

Selvage accents on the sugar cane cotton blend shirts (this is the only non sugar cane light shirt)

5646213413_a1f10438dd.jpg

Watch out guys. Picture overload.

Me, my GF, and my other two friends went to the local zoo today.

5648176562_c8e37cc9a3.jpg

Honolulu Zoo by aznkrnboi, on Flickr

Well, this is my GF. She actually hates sufu lol. I was actually thinking about buying her a pair of 3sixteens for her birthday.

5648175904_2d41d0313d.jpg

Haiying by aznkrnboi, on Flickr

5647615515_0c6ddfeba5.jpg

Which Way To Go? by aznkrnboi, on Flickr

5648179934_07421115bc.jpg

Pink Flamingos by aznkrnboi, on Flickr

5647612303_9ded6c52b1.jpg

Cute Duck by aznkrnboi, on Flickr

5648176878_3808abd344.jpg

Honolulu Zoo by aznkrnboi, on Flickr

This goat was actually taking a shit in front of me. I fucking gagged when I whiffed the smell.

5648181268_b80612b529.jpg

Popping Pills by aznkrnboi, on Flickr

After we were done, we went to Waikiki and heard about this hype of a new udon joint. So we went to check it out.

5648180244_7eb3b2a50d.jpg

Marukame Udon by aznkrnboi, on Flickr

5648182594_a6b01df979.jpg

Curry Udon + Shrimp Tempura + Croquette + Inari by aznkrnboi, on Flickr

Have a good weekend guys!