What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Guest I LOVE LFC

After a very heavy weekend of drinking in Liverpool and sad football results (If I'd have posted pictures of my weekend it would be pints, sambucas, dropping a kebab down the leg of my Ooe's and me being sick for 7 hours, big thank you to me ma for having baby all weekend) it's back to normal family life, for a while.....

Today we kept the little lady off nursery and decided to take a trip to the welsh coast and visit Llandudno. We both haven't been here since we were kids so thought we'd try it out.

Well, I'm sorry to say but Llandudno as a place is like the land of the dead. The average age has got to be 75!! You know I love old people from posts about me nan, but this was too much! It was great spending the day with the girls like, but I doubt we will be going back anytime soon.

Shi fell asleep on the way, it's about an hour drive from where we live

DSCF8296.jpg

Passing an old mine on the way

DSCF8300.jpg

Going down to the water to chuck some stones

DSCF8307.jpg

Shi loved the pebble beach, we've come home with around 30 stones!

DSCF8309-1.jpg

My lady and Shi

DSCF8320.jpg

Brightened up nice later on

DSCF8321.jpg

Stopped to watch the puppets for a bit

DSCF8324-1.jpg

Then home for a nice welsh lamb dinner, after a snooze for Shiloh!!

DSCF8327.jpg

Guest I LOVE LFC

After a very heavy weekend of drinking in Liverpool and sad football results (If I'd have posted pictures of my weekend it would be pints, sambucas, dropping a kebab down the leg of my Ooe's and me being sick for 7 hours, big thank you to me ma for having baby all weekend) it's back to normal family life, for a while.....

Today we kept the little lady off nursery and decided to take a trip to the welsh coast and visit Llandudno. We both haven't been here since we were kids so thought we'd try it out.

Well, I'm sorry to say but Llandudno as a place is like the land of the dead. The average age has got to be 75!! You know I love old people from posts about me nan, but this was too much! It was great spending the day with the girls like, but I doubt we will be going back anytime soon.

Shi fell asleep on the way, it's about an hour drive from where we live

DSCF8296.jpg

Passing an old mine on the way

DSCF8300.jpg

Going down to the water to chuck some stones

DSCF8307.jpg

Shi loved the pebble beach, we've come home with around 30 stones!

DSCF8309-1.jpg

My lady and Shi

DSCF8320.jpg

Brightened up nice later on

DSCF8321.jpg

Stopped to watch the puppets for a bit

DSCF8324-1.jpg

Then home for a nice welsh lamb dinner, after a snooze for Shiloh!!

DSCF8327.jpg

did alot of fucking around today with my phone...not sure why.

5011749873_a2ed5831e7_z.jpg

5011751929_a8feeeee65_z.jpg

5012353910_c3e9740b04_z.jpg

5011750425_709f986d65_z.jpg

went out drinking...only had the phone in the bar...

one of my favorite bars in the entire twin cities. they have a fantastic beer list, and really good food. (had the dry rubbed wings, they were phenomenal)

5012353440_63be63df3a_z.jpg

tried this banana beer stuff, it was pretty OK...

5011751131_c718b48584_z.jpg

don't remember what my buddy had at this point,

5012353048_899a4acc90_z.jpg

i'm not sure why, but i had my camera out while driving home tonight late...snapped some pics of THE MOST EXCITING SHIT YOU WILL EVER SEE...EVER.

i'm tired...excuse this ridiculous post.

road crews working hard. gotta appreciate that overtime...

5014012874_c6fe447391_z.jpg

moon looked pretty stellar tonight while i was walking through my parking lot...

5013407183_35772b86e2_z.jpg

and while this may be framed very poorly, i like the light / dark here. kinda want to run outside and re-frame this shot with more depth up at the top of the frame. but sleep sounds better.

5014012572_91e5214bf9_z.jpg

apologies late night sufu-ers. move along...

R1001502.jpg

had waterguns as well.. but they might not be waterguns. everything just sounded wrong. "water guns give you infinite pleasure" anyone? or is it just me?

No, you are right. Something very dirty and oddly graphic about the positioning of the waterguns here.

Summary of my Weekend

Saturday:

Flew down to HK this weekend to get the legal registration of my marriage done. Ceremony will be in Shanghai on 10/9 for family and friends (day before the eternal contest), but needed to do the legal part in HK.

Just enough time for a short brunch at PVG.

DSC_1335.jpg

For the wife's first time in HK, figured she needed to see the peak. Nice day for a hike and just before sunset.

DSC_1339.jpg

Looking down on Central

DSC_1340.jpg

Working our way around the loop

DSC_1343.jpg

Arrived back just after sunset

DSC_1353.jpg

DSC_1360.jpg

Back at the hotel. Nice Harbour View.

DSC_1374-1.jpg

Monday

Decided to take the Ferry over to Kowloon

DSC_1386-1.jpg

DSC_1397.jpg

Metro is faster, but the view is nice from the Ferry.

DSC_1391.jpg

Arrival at the pier (MF x 2)

DSC_1405.jpg

Stopped in Yee Shun Milk Company in Mongkok to get away from the rain. I actually like the one in Causeway Bay better, but forgot to take my camera when we went there the day before.

DSC_1419.jpg

Love the Macanese Pork Bun

DSC_1422.jpg

Heading back after stopping by Take 5 and the Converse store. Forgot to snap pics in Take 5. Busy looking at ladies denim for the wife.

DSC_1430.jpg

ARCADE FIRE SHOW was easily the best show i've seen this year. i've been to a lot of them, this was by far the best. Apparently this was the kick-off night for the next leg of their tour, so they were fired up an on the top of their game. I've seen bands with energy and passion before, but this somehow managed to top that, it really is right up there with the major shows I've seen from Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, and others too numerous to mention...

the beginning of the show...I grabbed a beer. No post on this, loved it straight out of the camera...

5016436311_f37f1f6a96_z.jpg

and the show began...

5017014816_a57e8361c6_z.jpg

really enjoyed the setup they had. really played well with the material from "The Suburbs" as well as their older stuff...

5017042192_d87cd21180_z.jpg

5017042496_209b90dcaa_z.jpg

5017042632_b305e8a645_z.jpg

5016437475_b26e77dd7f_z.jpg

5017043030_5a7d7519e2_z.jpg

5017043288_387c07048f_z.jpg

5017043554_fe032a01a4_z.jpg

5016439759_2de8ea102f_z.jpg

Wish this one would have come out sharper...I was too busy dancing / fucking around at this point...

5017045174_04585e57bd_z.jpg

and the end....toss the tambourine, give your guitar to the crowd. Win, you're a rock star my friend. cheers for the best fucking show of the year....

5016440059_bf724475d1_z.jpg

5017044360_61a64ca2cd_z.jpg

OHHHHHH, I have some videos as well, sound is shit and whatnot but if you wanna see the new live show, i'll throw they up on youtube and post in here...

found out a few hours too late that tonight was the first night of the harvest moon, and a special harvest moon at that. gonna try to get a few shots of tomorrow night (crossed fingers).

here's what i came up with tonight (cross-post from photo vol. 2 thread).

5016551703_3f7a8d8e76_z.jpg

5017157302_13cb552111_z.jpg

5016552675_a0b26e15d3_z.jpg

click for alt.

5017158384_cc553820ca_z.jpg

click for alt.

x-posted from the Burgus World Tour thread

so today was one of those laid back days where you sat around and not do much, so i decided to put in some hard work into repairing loose threads on my skull 5010xx 6x6 that i usually wear. the great thing i love about them is that it fun as hell to be constantly repairing (can be annoying as fuck sometimes too though) them since it feels more personalised. kind of. so heres how they looked like before:

R1001562-1.jpg

the patch was a little fucked up as you can see, almost to the point of coming off (not really but trying to inject a little drama here) so i decided to patch it up with my great k-mart kit.

R1001585.jpg

fuck yeah, i've got blue and black polycore thread and yellow cotton thread all around the patch. #badass.

R1001583.jpg

the view from the back looks pretty fine. happy with my handiwork.

R1001563-1.jpg

just below the crotch area. the chainstitch seems to be unravelling due to fatass eating.

R1001586.jpg

time to patch that shit up as well!

by the time i was done, it was way past lunch time and it was time to head out a bit for lunch at an indonesian eatery around the corner called "shalom" where they served traditional indonesian food. it was mighty spicy and i swear it worked up a fucking sweat and burned through my stomach.

R1001596.jpg

a testament to how spicy it as

R1001597.jpg

yet another one. im not shitting you guys. it was fucking hot it burned my scalp.

R1001598.jpg

this is something they call "bakso" but loosely translated to oxtail soup. this is not a spicy dish thankfully.

promptly decided to head down to a sale with the girlfriend after that at The Galeries Victoria where they had a sale going on at this place called "Incu". shit sucked really because of the poor crowd control and all, almost 500 people queuing to get in but i heard they had good menswear on sale. they stock typically brands like our legacy, apc, lyle and scott, opening ceremony, vanishing elephant and a few others. pity we left after an hour of queuing though.

got the gf to grab some fit pics for me:

R1001614.jpg

R1001615.jpg

R1001616.jpg

chunky ass man.

went home after that to grab some sleep before heading out for a good dinner.

went to the french restaurant that we didnt manage to get into last night because we didnt make a dinner reservation. i finally understood why we needed reservations, one being that the place was pretty small and secondly it was a 3 hour dinner which i totally didnt expect. since they open at 6pm and we ended dinner at 10pm since we made a reservation at 7pm, we were pretty much the only customers that they served at the same table for the night. the food was fantastic though. for those of you who are wondering, this is situated at Glebe and the restaurant is called Atelier. fabulous service staff and amazing food.

was supposed to shoot with an external flash but i forgot to check the batteries which were dead, so i had to use the built in flash instead. resulted in pictures with the shadow of the lens on the bottom right in all the photos. hope you guys dont mind. so here are the pictures.

R1001643.jpg

sourdough bread that we ordered which was great.

R1001635.jpg

came with french butter. my dinner companions said that it tastes better than regular butter but i couldnt tell the difference.

R1001647.jpg

this was the pre-starter which was complementary. something like a fishcake with avocado salsa and some sauce i cant remember. pretty savoury.

R1001649.jpg

for my starter i ordered the alaskan king crab with cod roe which was really amazing. the roe just popped in your mouth when you bit into it.

R1001657.jpg

for my main i got the duck which was really tender. by far my favourite dish of the night. it came with very thin slices of pineapples which were surprisingly juicy given their size. served with bitter orange sauce as well as potatoes, this was really good. it was all bite sized small cubes but ended up being really filling.

R1001659.jpg

pre-desert which was some mashed grapefruit flavoured thing served with poprocks and custard. the combination of flavours for the bittersweet grapefruit and custard was great and the poprocks just injected a little surprise into it.

R1001660.jpg

finally for the finale i chose the creme brulee which was simply fantastic, served with vanilla ice cream as well as strawberries. the creme brulee was really good and done to perfection. it really amazed me how people could come up with dishes like that.

so all in all it was a good day, though i was a little disappointed with the crowd at the warehouse sale, but whatever, dinner made up for things! have a good night everyone and stay safe.

-Z-,again it looks like we share a similar taste of music(remember Spoon?)

watched them in 2005 in my town,just after they released Funeral(their best album yet imo),they played in a 500+ location and with no exaggeration i can say it was one of the best shows ive ever been to.than came Neon Bible and afaik they played just two or three shows in germany,all in large halls and a few hundreds kms away...

had only the chance to hear to two songs from the Suburbs and wasnt too impressed,how do you like it?

edit:awesome pics btw (you know that!)

I really caught on to The Suburbs quickly, I found it to be a great progression in their sound, there are only a few dull moments on the album for me personally, but it doesn't really display their dynamic abilities as well as funeral and neon bible. it never gets as grandiose, it is much more just a straight ahead indie rock record (exception being the sprawl I & II set at the end of the album) definitely listen to the entire record at some point, it is one that needs to be heard from beginning to end for the progression of their story / concept to be realized. which I must say here is pretty epic. The lyrics are really dynamite, hitting home with someone like myself from the suburbs and the way things are headed these days...but having a lot of universal appeal as well.

the concert was perfect, began with Ready to Start (from the Suburbs) but I must say, hearing No Cars Go as the second song just kicked shit into gear for the show and it never stopped. right in the middle of the set they did a seamless transition from Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) to Rebellion (Lies) and Month of May which fucking tore the place down. it was an intense 15 minutes of music let me tell you...and hearing 5,000 people singing along to Wake Up at the end of the show was mesmerizing.

The place they played at here sat 5,000 people, so it was definitely not a small show, but I felt that they treated it like a smaller show, bringing a lot of intimacy with the crowd between songs and since it was their first night of the tour, they were really ready to go. their programmer / percussionist is a fucking mad man, he had so much fun during this show (see pic of destroyed tom that he was beating on all night...)

Started the day off early going to breakfast with my dad and his best friend (my "uncle") at the cadillac cafe in ne. i had hot chocolate (not a big coffee fan) french toast and hash browns.

5019735832_218998c06c_z.jpg

5019735932_9096730f23_z.jpg

5019736044_9f7f45b53a_z.jpg

then went out and said hey to my uncle's dog. he's gotten bigger since i last saw him.

5019131251_03a27dda05_z.jpg

just had some fun messing around with the new camera today, really.

5019736228_a96ae062b1_z.jpg

5019735676_54ac75f9fb_z.jpg