Who Here Is Sick?

tac0tron

Who here is fucking sick right now? If so, list your symptoms.

- Sore throat

- Fever

- Cough

- Minor Headache

I feel so horrible right now. I'm not sure if I got this from getting the flu shot, or if I contracted it from another person.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hitting up the bars for 4 days straight over

thanksgiving (packed in with tons of sketchy people...)

I've got

sore throat

aches

insomnia

coughs

stuffed nose

mild fever

serves me right I guess... Hope it's not the swine!

Ps cherry neocitran is hella delicious

isn't there a big downside to getting a flu shot, like it makes you more likely to get sick from a more dangerous strain? along the lines of taking antibiotics too frequently or something like that?

i dont think so. I know the flu shot can't give you the actual virus, but can give you similar symptoms after you've gotten the shot...which is kind of the same thing....

as for me

i haven't got sleep for shit because I cant get off Sufu and I wake up early every morning, and that combined with the heat today=

my nose will not stop running. looked down for about 5 seconds and my nose dripped everywhere. pretty irritating.

i dont think so. I know the flu shot can't give you the actual virus, but can give you similar symptoms after you've gotten the shot...which is kind of the same thing....

as for me

i haven't got sleep for shit because I cant get off Sufu and I wake up early every morning, and that combined with the heat today=

my nose will not stop running. looked down for about 5 seconds and my nose dripped everywhere. pretty irritating.

yea, pretty much your body is given H1 and N1 particulates (not the actual virus itself) and your body's immune system senses and attacks these H1 and N1, generating the memory cells for later defense. you may though get feverish and some common symptoms of fever, cold, flu, etc. but that's because your immune system is doing that because it thinks that you really do have a flu.

i'm just getting over being sick

but for the last 3 weeks i've had a scratchy throat / smokers cough (and i don't smoke)

and last week i was full out sick

I think i might have the flu? Never knew the difference between a flu, cold, and fever. I did wake up last night sweating though. My throat hurts like a motherfuck and i've beeen coughing non stop yesterday and today. I'm pretty sure i'm sick because i stayed up whole night thursday night drinking and smoking.

ive had sore throat/coughing since my first XC meet

i was sick for about half my 7th and 8th grade

my mother made me drink this liquid which translates to "snake poison" from chinese, and eat "dried grass pellets" throughout in awful attempts to cure me

then i got some zinc and it was over

Yesterday my whole body was going numb, with a tingly sensation. I called the nurse hotline to ask what was up with that, and they said it was because I was hyperventilating. After taking some Motrin and slowing down my breathing, I'm starting to feel a little bit better.

ive had sore throat/coughing since my first XC meet

i was sick for about half my 7th and 8th grade

my mother made me drink this liquid which translates to "snake poison" from chinese, and eat "dried grass pellets" throughout in awful attempts to cure me

then i got some zinc and it was over

grass pellets..haha i used to think of them as rabbit crap.

anyways, got better from the flu, but now it seems that i have some kind of fever o.O

not too bad, its like 100 degrees.

i am sick as fuck

birthday was yesterday and I spent friday night partying until 6am. thought i was just extremely hung over all day yesterday but by the end of the night i had a 103 temp and a bad cough so i knew something was up.

weirdest thing for me have been these fever dreams. i can't sleep because of my fever -- all i get are these disturbing mini-nightmares. all this morning i kept having a recurring one where i pictured myself inducing vomiting, but instead of vomit going into the toilet, it was my teeth, covered in blood. i'd wake up immediately after and have to run to the bathroom to throw up.

horrible