edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

EDC related, Larimer County Sheriff James Alderden is outraged by the overturn of CCing, including tasers and pepper spray over 1 ounce. A very good article about how 'weapon free' zones invite criminals, and only hurts law-abiding citizens.

“If anyone with one of my permits gets arrested for concealed carry at CSU, I will refuse to book that person into my jail. Furthermore, I will show up at court and testify on that person’s behalf, and I will do whatever I can to discourage a conviction. I will not be a party to this very poor decision.”

http://www.gazette.com/opinion/state-94668-gun-ban.html

Does anyone have any experience with attaching their pocket flashlights to their bikes?

Any problems with them?

dsc05093x.jpg

dsc05098g.jpg

Sorry for the quality, hard to hold the camera steady with no flash. The first picture was taken on this levee bike/run path that has no lights whatsoever. I was able to see for a good 50feet at least with this. I think I might snip off some of the velcro.

EDC related, Larimer County Sheriff James Alderden is outraged by the overturn of CCing, including tasers and pepper spray over 1 ounce. A very good article about how 'weapon free' zones invite criminals, and only hurts law-abiding citizens.

“If anyone with one of my permits gets arrested for concealed carry at CSU, I will refuse to book that person into my jail. Furthermore, I will show up at court and testify on that person’s behalf, and I will do whatever I can to discourage a conviction. I will not be a party to this very poor decision.â€

http://www.gazette.com/opinion/state-94668-gun-ban.html

Welcome to all of Canada. Can not carry a weapon at all for self defense purposes.

Kenthenoob, I was looking for Nitecore extreme r2 pics on flickr and the only 3 that came up were yours.

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the light. I'm thinking of getting one, but didn't know if you knew how it compared to either the Novatac 120t, or the less pricey Quark 123 Tactical or Fenix pd20.

Any comments would be helpful.

sawp. i have no clue how it compares to those except the quark. i don't even carry the extreme. i keep it in my bedside drawer. it's much bulkier than the quark123 and i like to carry it in my pocket. i'll probably take the clip off, but right now, i don't see a reason why. the extreme also has a momentary option, which the quark123 doesn't, and i like that. if the quark123 had a momentary, that would be perfect. you can't do a candle stand (is that the correct term, b?) with the extreme though.

i hope that wasn't too wordy and made some sense. i tend not to proofread.

and for those talking about pepper spray, the cold steel line seems suuuuper effective:

WkszejWidkA

^ the quark line CAN have momentary, you have to get the tactical version. the momentary/tactical/forward clicks will not be able to tailstand (tailstand for candle mode, not candle stand), with a few exceptions. the point is to make the button protrude for easier access at the sacrifice of tailstanding.

Sorry for the quality, hard to hold the camera steady with no flash. The first picture was taken on this levee bike/run path that has no lights whatsoever. I was able to see for a good 50feet at least with this. I think I might snip off some of the velcro.

Thanks a lot!

Was the flashlight on high?

I mean...did YOU see Kids?? Pretty sure the fact that it was 30 on 1 had everything to do with that situation being lethal.

Just a thought.

your logic is fail.

the point is a skateboard can fuck someone up. even if 1 person needs to hit them 30 times. jesus can someone bust out physics explanation for this guy.

Metal trucks + long fulcrum + 250lb guy swinging = cracked skull. and if you couldn't hit a drunk frat boy with a board you should stick to blind-then-run strategies.

sorry brane, no more skateboard talk. i promise. :D

i have a question for you tho, can you put a "striker bezel" (wrong name, but same idea except on the back of the light) on a tactical clicky so it could tailstand? do they make such a mod?

sorry brane, no more skateboard talk. i promise. :D

i have a question for you tho, can you put a "striker bezel" (wrong name, but same idea except on the back of the light) on a tactical clicky so it could tailstand? do they make such a mod?

normally you can't screw stuff onto tailcaps, but there are some tactical lights that are scalloped for your thumb to access from 2 sides, while the other 2 sides protrude just enough for tailstand ability. For example, my eagletac p10c2 has a tail like this.

Whoa PETEROCK, twistedtrees, kenthenoob, stop talking about actual EDC gear for a second -- we're not done discussing hypothetical situations of using skateboards on drunkards in Canada for self defense purposes just yet!!

thanks for the offer Ken, wish I'd known earlier. No big deal though, a few places are selling the Extreme for $70 which didn't seem too bad for a 200-220 lumen, programmable light.

I got mine from Going Gear, but Battery Junction had them for $70 also but apparently they had a fire within the past week and they don't know when they'll be able to accept orders.