edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Anyone can suggest some key-hooks similar to what people have posted on here?

Like specific names so I can possibly Google search via army surplus websites or the likes.

TIA

Chris_n and soonami keyhooks +!

EDIT:

Took awhile to find it but if anyone is wondering about the fore mentioned key hooks:

http://www.usalanyards.com/hooks.aspx

Anyone can suggest some key-hooks similar to what people have posted on here?

Like specific names so I can possibly Google search via army surplus websites or the likes.

TIA

Chris_n and soonami keyhooks +!

EDIT:

Took awhile to find it but if anyone is wondering about the fore mentioned key hooks:

http://www.usalanyards.com/hooks.aspx

Mine was via eBay. I forgot to save the seller but if I find out I will pm u. Sonami's are custom made by him and he sells them for a reasonable price

any wristwatch guys in here?

been looking for an old vintage-style watch with a black leather strap and a simple gold plated rim on the dial, but nothing bulky like most watches I see nowadays. been checking ebay for watches from the 40s-50s, but everything i find that fits the category is a bit expensive ($2-300), probably because i have no idea what i'm looking at and just search by scrolling and looking at the photos. not really looking for brand name shit, just a minimalist looking watch under $100.

something like this

012510PB3.jpg

anything/anywhere specific to search for?

Pocket dump, sorry for shitty pictures, my camera hates indoor light.

belt: @ 9o'clock - Leatherman Juice S2

Left front

- Smith & Wesson pen

- LG Shine

right front

Izula

Left back

Wallet

Right back

- bandana

- Keychain clipped to belt loop and tucked in pocket

. CRKT peck

. Nitecore EX10

. keys+remote

img3036f.jpg

Izula with gray paracord, need to consolidate the extra with a knot/braid. Sheath is plastic with good knife retention. I can grab a loop of the cord and quick deploy with the sheath staying in my pocket.

img3037s.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with attaching their pocket flashlights to their bikes?

Any problems with them?

My normal light was dying before a night ride few nights ago, so I taped my flashlight to the handlebars. Works way better than any light I've seen someone used on their bike. I just placed an order on 4sevens for one of those light clamps, I'll get video + pictures when it arrives. But I think I'd already say, go for it.

Nice, nice.

Did you hit any big bumps or anything?

I just went on another ride with them taped onto my handlebars. You see so much detail on the road ahead of you, glass, rocks, whatever because the light throw and strength is really good. You'll see shadows coming from anything on the ground really, saved me twice last night from running over scattered glass on the road.

Oh and another good thing about having a nice flashlight is that people know you're coming from behind way ahead of time so everyone was already out of the way by the time I got to them. If I hadn't had this light, I would've had to slow down a bit and said excuse me to get them to move.

I just placed an order on 4sevens.

i hope you put flæshaholic as your CPF referral

otherwise your peen will be chopped down to size >B) (8)

ANYWAY while i'm blatantly self-promoting i invite you guys to contribute to my lil EDC blog with nice pics of interestingly designed edc gear or your own pocket dumps or w/e

blog / submit

Kenthenoob, I was looking for Nitecore extreme r2 pics on flickr and the only 3 that came up were yours.

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the light. I'm thinking of getting one, but didn't know if you knew how it compared to either the Novatac 120t, or the less pricey Quark 123 Tactical or Fenix pd20.

Any comments would be helpful.

4381347554_cb8d9e5ace_o.jpg

I am nowhere near as hardcore as you guys with quick draw sheathes and stuff. I don't have my wallet in here, since I was sitting on it.

Benchmade from my brother, survived Iraq and Afghanistan. It has the blood of a thousand pieces of cooked lamb on it. Moleskine journal, pen to write in said journal, S.T. Dupont lighter, and my cell phone. That's it.

I only have two keys which are in my wallet. I don't know how you guys carry all the things you have.

poorfish has 2 items on sale that i thought some of you may be interested in.

Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker Knife Sharpener 204MF - $49.99

http://www.poorfish.com/p-850-spyderco-tri-angle-sharpmaker-knife-sharpener-204mf.aspx

Cold Steel Sharkie Self Defense Pen - $4.99

http://www.poorfish.com/p-782-cold-steel-sharkie-self-defense-pen.aspx

I know the prices arent *amazing* but poorfish seems to be a very good company. I ordered a knife from them and it came shipped to hawaii blazing fast, so i'd say thats a good indicator.

sorry for the double post, but felt that these were two very seperate topics.

I was tired of using my key fob or belt loop to hold my keys and felt that it would be better if there was not stress on the belt loop at all.

Solution?

Go straight to the belt!

So i riveted a small piece of leather to hold a D-ring in place to hook my keys/whatever straight onto my belt. Now no more belt loop stress.

2cdheg4.jpg

so i know some people here edc knives, along with other purposes (hopefully), for self defense. and ive already read people argue about the pros and cons of carrying/using a knife for those situations. [sCROLL DOWN TO ALTERNATIVE to skip my ranting/preaching/storytelling]

<stupid drunken fight story incoming> i used to think it was a good idea. but then i actually got into a fight where i had the chance to use it (it was in my backpack but then sensing something would happen, i put it into my hoodie pocket). but [luckily, in hindsight] it had fallen out of my pocket while we were fighting on the ground and he didnt notice it. after we had stood up he had picked up a broken beer bottle and even tho i was drunk , i fully realized the things a sharp object could do. i was fckin terrified (theres nothing that can sober u up quicker than being threatened with a sharp object :eek:)and i unclipped my skateboard out of my backpack in defense lol <end story>

so yeah, as i think back. if i had cut him with my knife, or him with his bottle. or if he picked up my dropped knife or i another bottle, blah blah. not only would someone be hurt OR DEAD but there could possibly be criminal charges for me or the other guy. and u can argue about the legality of the lengths of knives and what not, but if u were to use it on someone.... theres still a chance u could get into legal trouble. depending on the situation it might be hard to claim self defense. id imagine it being damn hard to claim self defense if say it was just u and a guy alone on a street with no witnesses and ur the only one with a knife.

ALTERNATIVE

so i tried to think of other ways to defend myself and i remembered that my ex used to carry this http://firstratesecurity.com/mapespba.html basically pepper spray but in a form that i think personally looks cool, a kuboton which is also a neat keychain. it was given to her by her police officer brother, and we live in california, so if its legal in cali it should be legal everywhere. ive searched this thread and saw no mention of pepper spray. its a much better idea not to mention legal way to defend urself as compared to a knife. much better to be spray someone at a distance then put urself at risk by getting up close with a knife. and also if u run out of shots, u can use it as a kubotan of course. i think a kubotan is also another great, non-lethal self defense tool, cuz a slice with a knife, unless in the correct spot, doesnt have the same type of debilitating "fight stopping" powers as a hard strike with a blunt object. adrenaline is a crazy mofo.

stay safe sufu.

I dunno about you, but if my friends found out I was carrying pepper spray on me... well, I probably would not live it down.

well i could say that you should get new friends if u are worried about them making fun of u, but that would make me a hypocrite cuz i too would get laughed at by my some of my friends and feel embarassed about it. thats why i would only cop it in black and only in this kubotan style, and i wouldnt mention the pepper spray part unless i know they wouldnt think negatively of it....which actually all my closest friends wouldnt.....so yeah u should get new friends, lol jk.

4 real.

pepper spray is 4 gurls

so is skin tight jeans but that doesnt stop guys from wearing them

stay safe sufu.

Wall of text, engage:

In regards to the knife. I've only pulled my knife twice on someone. Once was to intimidate a drunk college kid that was letting the air out of my friends tires. The other was a potentially life or death/serious injury situation involving a roided out football player. If you're not trained in self defense/knife tactics, don't pull your knife in a fight. It's a last resort after Ive tried to walk away out, get to a safer place, or calm the person down. If you pull a knife on someone, prepare to be cut yourself, prepare for the weapon to be taken from you, and prepare to kill them.Think about whether you want to pull a knife very hard, if you pull a knife on someone, you are preparing to potentially kill them. I'll only use it against someone in a life or death situation. I know vital areas and how to effectively use a knife if my life depends on it. If my life is on the line, legality doesn't concern me. A lot of people carry with the blind thought that "Oh, I'll carry a knife, i'll be safe" That's all good until you get the knife taken away from you and stabbed by your own weapon, a guy draws a gun, or is a better knife fighter than you (Even worse if you could have handled the situation differently). Bottom line: Don't pull a knife if you're not trained on how to use it, don't pull it unless you're willing to kill that person.

On a lighter note.

Pepper spray is a good option. I might work this into my EDC as a less than lethal way of self defense. Most have good range, and would be a preferred method of dealing with someone who is drunk/disorderly or looking for a stupid fight. Theres lots of options out there, but if you're going to carry pepper spray you need to practice on how to use it and draw it. The '21 foot rule' states, on average, that if your gun is holstered and an attacker is running at you and is closer than 21 feet, they'll be able to stab you before you can draw.

Now think about how quickly you can grab your keys, orient your pepperspray, and get a good shot if in a stress situation. Just things to think about. If I were to carry pepperspray, it would be left side on my belt in a holster with a snap.

Your friends will make fun of you until they need you for something that you have and they don't. My one friend hates guns, and I said jokingly that if she's getting assaulted/raped, i wouldn't draw my gun and kill them, but rather call the police since that's their job.